Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you found the perfect vape yet? I'm getting closer [Blitzen RDTA]

• 18-07-2019 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

yfhmqZBSpent the morning wrestling with this Geekvape Blitzen, it was a right PITA to set up because for some reason mine was really tight to try get back together. After initially prizing the base apart from it and coiling and wicking her up. The base just would not screw back on [it is one of those awkward rotating bases like the old Mage RTA] I honestly thought I'd broken it but it just needed to be broken in [by some force] a bit :)

Anyway, once it was up and going I was blown away, possibly the best flavour I've had in 6 years of vaping! Bold statement for sure, but I can notice background hints of supporting flavours in my juices that I cannot notice in any other tank, RDA or RTA. And I have a bunch, I have the Falcon King - which many claim to be the best mesh coil tank for flavour ... meh, it's ok - my partner has the Freemax pro - slightly better IMO. At present I have a couple of squonk RDA for my Pulse, I still use my old Cleito 120 RTA and the Engine mk1 which I have loved for a long time and also the Scion II mesh tank - None of them, no matter the coil or build, can match this 'RDTA' - not even close.

It reminds me most of the Avocado RDTA from a few years back, but it's a post-less deck and you build it more like a standard RTA - it's not as tricky as the Avocado to build, in fact it's easy, once you get the wicking right you're golden. I never owned the Steamcrave Aromamizer, but in the reviews for this that is what it's most compared with. Also the more recent Profile Unity RTA.

All I can say is, if you love your RTA/RDTA, you're missing out if you've not tried this one. It'll be hard to beat. Not so much a beginner builders ideal tank but if you're fairly competent you'll have no bother.

Bonus - you do get the bubble-glass with this one in the box, along with an extra standard glass and all the usual tools plus a couple extra that are required to take it apart - there is one odd shaped tool in particular you will need to keep hold of.

Here it is in it's Gun-Metal glory with the standard glass and default drip-tip. I have actually since put the bubble glass on as it drinks the juice in no time. I have also replaced the drip tip or rather swapped it with another tank for a shiny blue 810 for 'matchy-matchy' with my blue Species.

What a tank

blitzen.jpg

Since it's dead as in here just thought I'd share. Anyone else close to Vaping Nirvana these days?

[edit] seems images don't work on here now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm more a MTL vaper. I must say the kayfun mini v3, my daily beater, which I still use pretty much all the time since I got it nearly 4 years ago. Easy to build on. Juice flow is perfect and never a dry hit even when chaining. That one is an authentic. I'm also using it in conjunction with a kayfun lite 2019, which is a clone. Both very good MTL tanks. So vaping nirvana? Not sure, but does the job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

TinCool wrote: »
    I'm more a MTL vaper. I must say the kayfun mini v3, my daily beater, which I still use pretty much all the time since I got it nearly 4 years ago. Easy to build on. Juice flow is perfect and never a dry hit even when chaining. That one is an authentic. I'm also using it in conjunction with a kayfun lite 2019, which is a clone. Both very good MTL tanks. So vaping nirvana? Not sure, but does the job for me.

If that's how you like your vape, all good :)

I hadn't done MTL vaping in years, and recently got a couple of pod devices for use when I'm out and about, on breaks etc - and I have been enjoying it. I wish there had been something as good as the likes of the Caliburn when I started out. Back then it was ego-C sticks with terrible attys you had to puncture to get juice through - they vaped like crap and leaked everywhere - but now we have these tidy, easy as pie pods and I think they're great for beginner vapers. There's way too many of them! but I still think they're a good thing.

When it comes to tanks though I'm all about the DL, I like big bold flavour - not so much the big clouds but that just comes with it. I only go for sub ohm tanks that are known for decent flavor, the likes of that new TV12 wouldn't interest me at all for example.

I can appreciate why some prefer MTL tanks too though, more discreet, can be a satisfying vape - more akin to how we remember smoking, it feels more natural and you can still get decent enough flavour. When I MTL I need much higher nic though, I'm on 3mg in sub tanks but for the pods I sometimes need 12mg to keep satisfied. And as I can chain a bit too this can feel a little dodgy for me. Never anything close to the nic OD I use to give myself back when I'd use 32mg liquids :O There was a tobacco called Pura from House of liquid that came in that strength, damn ... even on 2.4 ohm coils that stuff could give you a head rush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

If I was answering this 6 months ago I'd have said the Aromanizer Plus,no hesitation but I started trying out single coil rta's at lower wattage with builds around 0.3/4 and I discovered the OFRF Gear rta, gives flavour on par with the Aromanizer Plus and dare I say maybe even a little better. Super easy to coil and wick, the only downside is that it's a small capacity tank and it ploughs through juice but well worth the inconvenience of regular filling.
    On the MTL side of things I'd have to give my vote to the Ambition Mods Gate rta and the ExVape Expromizer V4. Both are excellent, super flavour and throat hit depending on your build of course, personally for MTL I prefer simple round wire coils at about 0.6/7.

If I was answering this 6 months ago I'd have said the Aromanizer Plus,no hesitation but I started trying out single coil rta's at lower wattage with builds around 0.3/4 and I discovered the OFRF Gear rta, gives flavour on par with the Aromanizer Plus and dare I say maybe even a little better. Super easy to coil and wick, the only downside is that it's a small capacity tank and it ploughs through juice but well worth the inconvenience of regular filling.
    On the MTL side of things I'd have to give my vote to the Ambition Mods Gate rta and the ExVape Expromizer V4. Both are excellent, super flavour and throat hit depending on your build of course, personally for MTL I prefer simple round wire coils at about 0.6/7.

I really like that Geekvape added the bubble-glass in with the Blitzen, I think they should all do it and still state 2ml capacity on the box. You don't even see the extra bubble glass until you open it. I set it up initially using the default glass and I emptied it clean in less than 10 minutes! I do tend to vape harder when trying a new tanks though, with the bubble glass on I get a few hours out of it now. It looked better with the straight standard glass by far, but looks have to take a back seat sometimes to practicality :)

I've heard the new EHpro Raptor is a serious contender for best flavour mesh tank, and the coils work in the Falcon so I might give the coils a go. But I still think RTA beat sub tanks every time once wicked correctly

I keep meaning to just take a chance on a single coil RTA, something like the intake. I don't do fancy coils though and feel like they might perfrom better with that kind of wire? [Alien/staggered clapton etc] I'm still all about simple micro coils, find I get plenty good enough flvour in my RTA using the same trusted old methods. SS 316L or plain old kanthal, whatever I have to hand, with the SS wire I do 7-8 wraps per coil to come up with in or around 0.2 ohm, and I'm good. For the Blitzen I went higher, got a 0.36 build in there and it's cracking at 50-60w

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I would say I'm close, it's probably more of a juice issue now .

Mods - I love my DNA 75C's
    Wire - SS316L plain old round wire
    RDA's - Happy with the Ambition mods C-Roll
    RTA's - Happy with my Intake for DL , Ambition mods Gate for MTL and Serpent mini for out and about .

The Gate was great when I first got it but for the last three builds it was a bit muted, Built it on Saturday and it's great again so I need to pay attention to that build and replicate it .

I have an ExVape Expromizer V4 on the way....on Dr.Bills recommendation , will hopefully be here this week . One of my reasons for ordering it is I worry about the Gate's grub screws although they haven't given me any hassle as yet .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

For me the perfect vape comes from the coil and wicking. I'm almost exclusively mtl and after much trial and error I find spaced ni80 26ga gives me the best vape. If I get the coil and wicking just right it's great in any of the vapefly galaxies rta, naturevape true, siren 2 etc

For me the perfect vape comes from the coil and wicking. I'm almost exclusively mtl and after much trial and error I find spaced ni80 26ga gives me the best vape. If I get the coil and wicking just right it's great in any of the vapefly galaxies rta, naturevape true, siren 2 etc

The airflow is equally as important, and how it's channeled to the coils and up through the 'chimney'. I build pretty much every RTA I own the same, but the favour can be significantly different between some of them.

Spent the morning wrestling with this Geekvape Blitzen, it was a right PITA to set up because for some reason mine was really tight to try get back together. After initially prizing the base apart from it and coiling and wicking her up. The base just would not screw back on [it is one of those awkward rotating bases like the old Mage RTA] I honestly thought I'd broken it but it just needed to be broken in [by some force] a bit

I'm close to Ivape in Navan today and they have it at a reasonable price, might just have a closer look at that one.

I'm close to Ivape in Navan today and they have it at a reasonable price, might just have a closer look at that one.

That's only down the road from me, used to be my regular shop but since I started DIY I also started ordering more online

It was just the machining on mine that made it a bit stiff to put back together, it's well broke in now and I find it really easy to take apart, build, wick and put back together now. Just re-coiled mine last night as I wanted a lower resistance, got a 0.2ohm build in there now and it's pretty sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Original Berserker 24mm and Stratum Zero. Perfection.

Also those berserker drip tips are awesome and increase flavor.

• Advertisement

Original Berserker 24mm and Stratum Zero. Perfection.

Also those berserker drip tips are awesome and increase flavor.

I've seen reviews on the mini 1.5 Berserker, looks a pretty sweet tank. I really think that these domed chimney style RTA help toward better flavour. The inside of the Blitzen is domed too and flavour is great for a DL RTA

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

I really think that these domed chimney style RTA help toward better flavour. The inside of the Blitzen is domed too and flavour is great for a DL RTA

It absolutely does. All my best tanks have domes.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gwildor

The Kayfun's are where it's at for me. Kayfun Prime and more recently, Kayfun Lite 24mm (both genuine). MTL goodness for days. As someone said above also, it's a lot to do with the coiling and wicking.

Well I learned 2 things yesterday - don't leave the Blitzen RTA on it's side in your bag with the air intakes open ... and Nic salts are not for me. I had the Caliburn with me, but ran it dry - before discovering my back up in the bag had emptied itself ... eurgh - popped into the shopping centre where they have a commercial vape stand and bought a bottle of some blue-razz nic salts - might be the overly sweet liquid didn't help, but I'm not gone on the sensation of the 20mg nic salt - but hey, I've tried it now at least - back to freebase ...

Obviously I tried it in the pod, not the RTA :D and I didn't find it too strong, as expected, going on what I read about salts - there's just a different 'hit' sensation. 6mg freebase or normal nic gives about the same hit I'd say, maybe the 20mg salts hits a little stronger but there's something I can't put a finger on that i dislike about it - again, the flavour I got didn't help, overloaded with sweetener and either Koolada or Ws-23 - the lazy man's boosters - seems to be one or other in every commercial juice lately

I haven't gotten round to getting the Blitzen yet as I've been getting fantastic performance from the Zeus X. I used the included Clapton coils and it's giving a fabulous flavoursome vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Ares is doing me great. easy to wick, no leaks and good flavour. The flavour's not perfect though. I find when I vape the same juice through it or the Aspire AIO I get more flavour from that AIO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Grayson wrote: »
    Ares is doing me great. easy to wick, no leaks and good flavour. The flavour's not perfect though. I find when I vape the same juice through it or the Aspire AIO I get more flavour from that AIO.

Yeah I used the ares a lot in 2018. I was so happy with it at one stage I was considering buying a second one. Like you though I've realised once I got some other good tanks the flavour wasn't amazing with the ares. I still use it occasionally as it's great for nights out and weekends away, so forgiving with wicking and holds a lot of liquid.

Never tried the Ares, but I am still regularly using the Engine V1 that I bought from the Doc on here years back - has to be the best value I've ever got from a tank, still stands up to most RTA designed today, also very easy to build and has decent flavour.

Never tried the Ares, but I am still regularly using the Engine V1 that I bought from the Doc on here years back - has to be the best value I've ever got from a tank, still stands up to most RTA designed today, also very easy to build and has decent flavour.

Would you believe that tank is still sought after by flavour chasers. Large capacity,top afc,easy to work on and excellent flavour make it still desirable. Unfortunately it's become quite difficult to source one so hang onto it as a replacement might not be easy to acquire.

Would you believe that tank is still sought after by flavour chasers. Large capacity,top afc,easy to work on and excellent flavour make it still desirable. Unfortunately it's become quite difficult to source one so hang onto it as a replacement might not be easy to acquire.

I can understand why, after trying dozens of other RTA since, it is still the main one I return to. I actually have 2 of them, might have even bought the second one from you also? One black, one silver, only the glass broke on the silver - need to get replacement before that's hard to find too then!

The only issue I've ever had with the Engine is if like me, you brain fart often, and forget to pop the top back down after a fill and then try vape - you will get some nasty flooding and spit back for a bit or have to leave it to settle so the juice makes it's way back down. So long as you don't do this I can't think of one other problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

as I'm full whack MTL, recently was using Ares but centre pole broke off (known issue) so for a few days came back to my 'old' Kayfun Prime.
    Loved Ares but well, Innokin doesnt sell building decks so it landed in the bin :). As Prime is abit ehm boring got new Berserker 1.5 ....but not happy camper due to tight airflow (and quite small capacity). Dont get me wrong, its a great tank (very easy to build), flavour production is far superior to any of my previous tanks. Tried it without air regulation ring, its almost perfect but it looks so ugly :).
    Also, just got off Dr. Bill (many thanks mate!) Pasito pod system and...I'm impressed, didnt expect such a great vape from it, especially with RBA coil.
    Finally, getting today Siren 2 (4.5ml) as found it really cheap on Adverts :) and hope it will be 'that right one' :)

as I'm full whack MTL, recently was using Ares but centre pole broke off (known issue) so for a few days came back to my 'old' Kayfun Prime.
    Loved Ares but well, Innokin doesnt sell building decks so it landed in the bin :). As Prime is abit ehm boring got new Berserker 1.5 ....but not happy camper due to tight airflow (and quite small capacity). Dont get me wrong, its a great tank (very easy to build), flavour production is far superior to any of my previous tanks. Tried it without air regulation ring, its almost perfect but it looks so ugly :).
    Also, just got off Dr. Bill (many thanks mate!) Pasito pod system and...I'm impressed, didnt expect such a great vape from it, especially with RBA coil.
    Finally, getting today Siren 2 (4.5ml) as found it really cheap on Adverts :) and hope it will be 'that right one' :)

Glad that arrived safely, if you're into mtl rta's the Ambition Mods Gate and the Expromizer V4 are worth checking out. I use both daily and they are superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Glad that arrived safely, if you're into mtl rta's the Ambition Mods Gate and the Expromizer V4 are worth checking out. I use both daily and they are superb.

will do but after my holidays, overspent already a little :)
    thanks again!

Advertisement