Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snowpiercer [TNT/Netflix] (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 20-07-2019 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This has already been renewed for a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks solid. I wonder how they'll keep it the plot going. The film length felt fine but what more can they introduce?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was actually just wondering about this last week.
    Don't see how they could stretch it out

Just reading that Netflix have bought the international rights for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

CastorTroy wrote:
    I was actually just wondering about this last week. Don't see how they could stretch it out

Just make the train longer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, watching that trailer left a deep sense of redundancy; I only saw in it a poor imitation of the film, via a desperation to show off the famous face they've nabbed.

Which reminds, if you haven't actually watched the original film, pease do: it's on Netflix and a surreal, bonkers masterpiece IMO. It's not hard Sci-Fi, more allegorical & requires the viewer to be in that frame of mind.

The production has been a bit of a mess: originally helmed by Josh Friedman (Sarah Connor Chronicles), while Scott Derrickson (Dr. strange) was to direct the pilot. Friedman got the boot, then later claimed he was pushed out - replaced with Graeme Manson (Orphan Black). Derrickson then refused to come back to do reshoots, in solidarity with Friedman. Then the show moved from TNT to TBS. So all in all, not an ideal start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Also it has moved back to TNT

Sean Bean joins season 2 as a series regular.

Committing to more than one season? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Sean Bean joins season 2 as a series regular.

He's definitely going to get frozen to death.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

He's definitely going to get frozen to death.

First to stand up and die against the soldiers?
    First soldiers to die?
    Squashed between carriages?
    Chokes on an ant (if they do food like the film)?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I keep forgetting about this show. It feels like they've been making it/trailing it for years now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What I'm most curious about is the tone of this: it's an inherently silly premise, and the film never shied from this, playing up the Class War angle to an absurdist degree. Playing everything straight-faced, or without enough tongue in cheek, could make the show a little tough to chew.

This is getting a mild bump in its release; it's now out in the US on May 17.

Oh! Annalise Basso from Captain Fantastic in that church scene!

Oh! Sean Bean is also in it:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6156584/

(
    for only half the episodes
    ;))

Trailer 2: There will be blood!

snowpiercer-timeline.jpeg

Oh, I picked this up wrong.

I thought.. well guessed.. it was a reimagining or reboot or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Netflix UK on Monday May 25th

Trailer!

Timothy V Murphy is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Hard to get behind the senario or the plot. That would be horrible stuck in the same envioroment, never mind that you would have to pick sides.

Wait, so this is a prequel series, on the same timeline as the film? Huh. That's an interesting choice, feels like the writers are needlessly constraining their ability to tell their own story though.

Like the look of it though from that last trailer; 10 episodes season according to WikiPedia. Feels about right for the nature of the setting & story.

mod edit: just FYI, I checked & there's apparently only a week between US & Netflix broadcast. Don't think "US pace" is that relevant to the thread anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,009 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Huh, being a prequel locks them into an ultimate outcome. Disappointing.

Netflix trailer. Has some different bits..

Jennifer Connolly being Mr Wilford really isn't a great twist it was pretty obvious really but at least they got it out there and didn’t drag it out for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Bit of a middling first episode. Hard to see how it will sustain interest if it's going to follow a pattern of your man leaving and then returning to the tail in between investigating.

• Advertisement

1: Good quality production values. Decent universe intro and enough unknowns I think. It'll be unusual to see how they've structured it into a tv series. Guessing it'll be exploring a few carriages/people cultures per show.

Advertisement