Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degiro - Day Difference -€6.56 how?

• 17-07-2019 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I’ve been doing some day trading as a newbie and am confused why I’m at negative €6.56

Can anyone tell me how from the screen shots attached?

Thank you...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Where are the screenshots?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

I presume you are wondering why you show a loss but your share price has increased ? If your share is in non-Euro, for example USD, and if the $ exchange rate has fallen today, then in Euro terms that might have pushed your gain in $ into a loss in Euro,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 edit_me

David2019 wrote: »
    Hi,

I’ve been doing some day trading as a newbie and am confused why I’m at negative €6.56

Can anyone tell me how from the screen shots attached?

Thank you...

Very simple. Your transactions cost is greater than profit.

Example. Small account and you buying 1 share that cost 100. RT (round turn) in fees should be around 1.01 euro. Do it 10 times taking 10cents profit and and you have total loss of 9.1 euro.

Advertisement