Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deadpool 3

• 05-03-2019 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/deadpool-3-r-rated-money-money-money/

‘Deadpool 3’ Will Not Be Disney-fied

The first Deadpool movie broke eleven box office records at the time of its release, including highest grossing R-rated movie and largest R-rated opening weekend, despite having a modest budget of approximately $58 million. Deadpool 2 was also rated R, and it’s now the highest-grossing X-Men movie, unseating Deadpool‘s $783 million gross with an almost $786 million worldwide box office. Another R-rated X-Men movie, Logan, is in fourth place with $619 million, so obviously there’s an audience for R-rated X-men movies.

Deadpool 2 did get a PG-13 cut, Once Upon A Deadpool, which was released after Disney acquired Fox for $71.3 billion. This led to a joke in one of the advertisements for Once Upon A Deadpool: “Why PG-13? It’s a family movie. Also money. Also Disney.”

Disney’s acquisition of Fox (and its mutants) has also led to rumors that R-rated Deadpool movies might no longer be allowed. Even titular Deadpool Ryan Reynolds was asking questions:

In the past, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has said “there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool,” which was cause for optimism. Now Iger is being much more direct about the possibility of an R-rated Deadpool 3.

During a call with investors, Iger said Disney will keep making R-rated Deadpool movies and other adult-oriented Marvel stories, reports Variety. “We will continue in that business,” Iger revealed, but it sounds like those movies may not get the same Marvel logo. Iger said they will be “carefully branding [R-rated films]… so we’re not in any way confusing the consumer.”

In other words, we’re going to keep getting R-rated Deadpool sequels, but they might be branded differently to avoid any confusion about their not-family-friendly content. Also money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

http://www.small-screen.co.uk/deadpool-2-director-david-leitch-deadpool-3-ryan-reynolds-disney-fox/

DEADPOOL 2’S DIRECTOR, DAVID LEITCH, HAS OPENED UP ON THE POSSIBILITY OF MAKING DEADPOOL 3 AND HE REVEALED THAT DISNEY AND FOX NEED TO SORT THINGS OUT FIRST.

Deadpool 2’s director, David Leitch, has already made it very clear that he wants Deadpool 3 to happen. However, there seem to be certain problems in getting it made.

The director recently spoke to ComicBook.com about the film and whether it would happen and he revealed that Disney and Fox need to sort out their deal properly first before anything could be done.

Here’s what he had to say about it during the interview: “In everybody’s world, everybody wants to make it. So, if I was ever approached to make Deadpool 3, my answer would be, ‘Hell yes,’ but I think there’s a lot of things going on in the shake-up with Fox and Disney and where that whole Marvel world after Endgame is gonna be.

“When the dust settles, let’s hope that Deadpool lives. That’s kind of ironic, right?”

So, it sounds like the problem might be bringing Deadpool to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and that makes sense because his tone is very different to what goes on in the MCU.

Leitch also went on to reveal that he has many ideas for the sequel, should it happen, but he didn’t want to give anything away.

“I have a lot of ideas but I’m keeping them close to my vest,” he began, before adding: “If they ever come and I’m grateful enough for them to call, I can share all my crazy ideas.”

To be perfectly honest with you, I’m pretty sure that Deadpool 3 will get the greenlight. I just think Marvel needs to figure out exactly where they want to place the film,
    or whether to do set it in one of the multiverses teased in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
    That would be one solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Deadpool 3 should be an adaption of Deadpool kills the Universe, but it should be the Fox Universe.

Have the set-up that Deadpool realises that the Fox Universe is ending in some fourth-wall-breaking way and that makes him go full on mad and kill the Fox Mutants (maybe even the Fantastic Four and whoever else they can get) and then he somehow breaks into the MCU to try to kill the Avengers but is stopped by the MCU Deadpool, who it turns has lived the exact same life there, but with Avengers instead of Mutants (e.g. Vision instead of Colossus as moralising mentor trying to get him to join a super hero group). See the Fox mutants all die horrible deaths, loads of meta jokes and cameos possible, great way to set up Deadpool in the MCU imo.

Deadpool 3 should be an adaption of Deadpool kills the Universe, but it should be the Fox Universe.

Have the set-up that Deadpool realises that the Fox Universe is ending in some fourth-wall-breaking way and that makes him go full on mad and kill the Fox Mutants (maybe even the Fantastic Four and whoever else they can get) and then he somehow breaks into the MCU to try to kill the Avengers but is stopped by the MCU Deadpool, who it turns has lived the exact same life there, but with Avengers instead of Mutants (e.g. Vision instead of Colossus as moralising mentor trying to get him to join a super hero group). See the Fox mutants all die horrible deaths, loads of meta jokes and cameos possible, great way to set up Deadpool in the MCU imo.

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sounds good, but unlikely that Disney will be welcoming Deadpool into the MCU properly with open arms. As said above, Deadpool might not even get the same branding in case of confusion (I would have thought an 18s/R cert alone would have been enough for parents to realise it might not be the best idea to take the kids who have enjoyed the rest of the MCU, but apparently not).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Would be very surprised to see a non-Disneyfied Deadpool 3. Disney does not do R-rated movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Would be very surprised to see a non-Disneyfied Deadpool 3. Disney does not do R-rated movies.

All they have to do is really the more "mature audiences" movies (and TV shows) in their catalog under a different banner. It's not just the Comic book stuff either... they have the likes of Alien, Predator, Family Guy, etc. so there's no way their going to just drop those brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

http://www.small-screen.co.uk/deadpool-2-director-david-leitch-deadpool-3-ryan-reynolds-disney-fox/
    or whether to do set it in one of the multiverses teased in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
    That would be one solution.

Ok my reply is to do with the spoiler, so I have to cover my reply too I guess:
    Didn't the multiverse "teased" in the spiderman far from home film turn out to be bunk? Due to the fact that the entire character Mysterio was a team of special effects and weapons designers pretending to be a mysterious soldier from a different dimension?

This of course doesn't mean there isn't going to be some multiverse style content in the MCU, but it does mean they didn't really tease a multiverse as the Mysterio character was faking it as backstory to his character..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Sounds good, but unlikely that Disney will be welcoming Deadpool into the MCU properly with open arms. As said above, Deadpool might not even get the same branding in case of confusion (I would have thought an 18s/R cert alone would have been enough for parents to realise it might not be the best idea to take the kids who have enjoyed the rest of the MCU, but apparently not).

He wasn't in the Fox universe "properly" either (never appeared or reference in any of the mutant movies), so I don't think that would make a difference. And as others have said, Disney do have R-rated movies under different banners.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Touchstone made Starship Troopers you don't get a much better example of a R Rated film than that.

So Disney have a studio to make R Rated films if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jim o doom wrote: »
    Ok my reply is to do with the spoiler, so I have to cover my reply too I guess:
    Didn't the multiverse "teased" in the spiderman far from home film turn out to be bunk? Due to the fact that the entire character Mysterio was a team of special effects and weapons designers pretending to be a mysterious soldier from a different dimension?

This of course doesn't mean there isn't going to be some multiverse style content in the MCU, but it does mean they didn't really tease a multiverse as the Mysterio character was faking it as backstory to his character..

They specifically mentioned the multiverse as the source of the magic in doctor strange, so it absolutely exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

They specifically mentioned the multiverse as the source of the magic in doctor strange, so it absolutely exists.

Fair enough. I guess also the fact that in Endgame the fact that Thanos
    of the past says something along the lines of "they are trying to use our present to save their future" (or something to that effect), would indicate that those are also two different realities.

I just wouldn't say it was teased in Far from home
    as everything Mysterio said / did was a fabrication.

Rumours that Marvel have offered Reynolds a 10 picture deal.... usual clickbait sites, but it would be cool if true....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That couldn't be for solo films alone, if it is indeed true. Which would lead into the follow on speculation if MCU cameos might be included in that deal.

A 10 picture deal with Samuel L Jackson's deal.

Reynolds could pull off a PG Deadpool however I want the X-Rated version more.

So Bob's Burgers are writing Deadpool 3 :)

Marvel Studios And Ryan Reynolds Tap The Molyneux Sisters To Pen The Sequel
    As Disney continues to figure out what to do with Fox properties acquired in the merger, one of the biggest IPs, Deadpool, looks to be gaining momentum. Sources tell Deadline that Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin will write Deadpool 3, with Ryan Reynolds set to reprise his role as the wise-cracking Marvel superhero.

Writer meetings have been taking place over the past month with Reynolds recently meeting with a handful of writers to hear their pitches for the next installment. In the end, the studio and Reynolds saw the sisters’ take as the perfect fit for what they wanted. The film remains in early development, but the hiring of the Molyneux sisters does mark the first major step in getting the next Deadpool film into production.

This marks the first Deadpool film where Marvel Studios will work hand and hand with Reynolds and Team Deadpool. Fans are sure to be excited at Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige’s involvement after seeing how he helped revamp the Spider-Man franchise after coming on to help in the creative effort for that franchise.......

https://deadline.com/2020/11/deadpool-3-marvel-ryan-reynolds-the-molyneux-sequel-1234617182/

Deadpool 3 Will Be an R-Rated MCU Film, Says Kevin Feige
    "It will be rated R and we are working on a script right now, and Ryan's overseeing a script right now… It will not be [filming] this year," Feige told Collider. "Ryan is a very busy, very successful actor. We've got a number of things we've already announced that we now have to make, but it's exciting for it to have begun. Again, a very different type of character in the MCU, and Ryan is a force of nature, which is just awesome to see him bring that character to life."

https://www.cbr.com/deadpool-3-kevin-feige-r-rated-mcu-film/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wolverine's son, Daken rumoured to be in

As Marvel Studios has yet to actually announce The Mutants, that reveal always felt like a long shot. But most assumed Deadpool 3 would offer some news, with Reynolds becoming increasingly vocal on the project, Levy on board to direct, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick returning to pen the script, and pre-production getting underway. 

Nonetheless, Disney may simply be eager to save some reveals for its D23 presentation in September. With filming expected to begin in the first half of 2023, a formal announcement before the end of the year feels inevitable. Perhaps Reynolds will take the stage at D23 to officially confirm Deadpool's return to theaters in February 2024 along with a few surprise reveals.

good news..... sept 6 2024

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wouldn't mind also Cable involved returning

I predict this will make a billion at the box office.

Take my money now.

Shawn Levy is directing.

Hilarious....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am reading Deadpool kills the marvel universe at the minute....they could do that I suppose...lol.

Will watch it :)

Can we get Deadpool and Cable Vs Thanos now?

doubt it...

there's plenty of Rob Liefield Deadpool Wolverine comics that are worth a snoop, if ye are inclined...

• Advertisement

Sounds like Morena Baccarin isn't going to be a huge part of Deadpool 3... sadness..

Advertisement