Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Gallery

• 17-07-2019 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭

I hear the arts festival want to put up at permanent space for use outside of summer extravaganza, anyone have an idea of where this space is?

GBFM says this about it 'The gallery is located at a building, owned by An Post, off William Street and at the back of Eglinton Street in the city'.

Racking my brains at to where it is exactly.

Comments

There is a small lane between Matt O'Flaherty chemist and Laszlo jewellers up there is the back of the post office yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

It's huge! Beside Premoli shoes. Can't get over how such a great big space has been used, can imagine more permanent exhibits, a market, gigs...owned by An post you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's huge! Beside Premoli shoes. Can't get over how such a great big space has been used, can imagine more permanent exhibits, a market, gigs...owned by An post you say?

A market... gigs.... a Zara.
    It definitely needs to be used now. As well as the fact that it would be so useful it's annoying that an asset that could be making the state money has been lying idle so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Quite big but I thought there would be more than six or seven art works in it. Felt empty.

Thread title typo is hurting my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Title fixed

biko wrote: »
    Title fixed

You're as handy as a small pot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

DaCor wrote: »
    Thread title typo is hurting my head
    Would you point out the typo please? as a person with dyslexic traits, its useful when ppl point out my errors, so I can work on them for the future.

Tks.
    *or you could pm me the correction.

The title was "New Gallary", no biggie and fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

biko wrote: »
    The title was "New Gallary", no biggie and fixed now

Thank you for pointing out the correction, it should have been gallery like Valerie then.

Could you close the tread now please?, there doesn't seem to be any more interest in it

• Advertisement

From the Trib
    https://connachttribune.ie/festival-gallery-may-become-permanent-home-for-the-arts-198/

Festival gallery may become permanent home for the arts

Arts Minister Josepha Madigan is to meet with Galway Arts Festival and Galway 2020 to discuss the provision of a long-awaited municipal art gallery in the city.

The meeting, which will take place after this year’s Festival ends, is being arranged by Galway West Fine Gael TD Hildegarde Naughton.

Deputy Naughton is proposing that a city centre space, owned by An Post – which was made available to the Festival as a temporary gallery for this year – be given over to Galway’s arts groups.

An Post loaned the building – which is accessed from William Street – to the Festival in April. Until then, it looked like the county’s flagship arts event would be unable host its main visual arts show for 2019 because it had no space large enough.

The lack of a municipal gallery has been a thorn in the side of the festival for more than 40 years, but its Artistic Director Paul Fahy is hopeful that an end may finally be in sight.

She brought Minister Richard Bruton, who has responsibility for An Post, to see the facility last Friday. Minister Bruton and An Post CEO David McRedmond were met at the gallery by Paul Fahy and Festival CEO John Crumlish.

“He was amazed at what we had done in ten weeks,†said Paul Fahy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,658 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

DaCor wrote: »
    From the Trib

Given over?

Pretty sure An Post would be expected to sell their property at market value , if it's no longer required for postal purposes.

Whats the long term plan for the post office building, I wonder.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Could you close the tread now please?, there doesn't seem to be any more interest in it
    Sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement