Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft - what do I need to know?

• 16-07-2019 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I promised to get my 9 year old Minecraft but I have no idea what I need for this. Hoping to get her started as cheaply as possible. Here's my questions but any other tips also welcome:

Can I run Minecraft on a windows laptop?
    Do I need HDMI connection to the TV?
    Can I run the latest Minecraft on an old xbox? I see lots of xbox one for sale on donedeal.

Thanks,
    J.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What you need first is the Minecraft forum:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1477

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bearaman

Thanks, will post there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Been some time since I played Minecraft, but I'll give these Qs a go :)

Can I run Minecraft on a windows laptop?
    >> Yes. If you have a laptop currently, you can check a site like https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri to see how well it will run

Do I need HDMI connection to the TV?
    >> If we're still using the laptop, no. You can play it on the laptop screen just fine (but if your TV has a HDMI port then it's an option). If you're taking the console approach as below, then your TV will need a HDMI port.

Can I run the latest Minecraft on an old xbox? I see lots of xbox one for sale on donedeal.
    >> Minecraft is available on both Xbox 360 (i.e. the old Xbox) and Xbox One (if a second hand Xbox One counts as an old one, then yes :) ).

The PC version tends to get the latest and greatest updates and new features (I believe, but I could be wrong on this), but the console versions have also been supported. That is about to change as the Xbox 360 version will not be updated after the Update Aquatic. It looks as though Xbox One players will continue to get updates.

🤪

Advertisement