Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair gates at Munich airport

• 24-02-2019 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, I just wonder if anyone could tell me if you are traveling Ryanair from Munich airport (back to Dublin), once you go airside, past security, do you have full access to the rest of the airside terminal or is it a separate section of the terminal.
    (I'm going on a spotting day trip and hope to walk over to visit the airport visitor park and then go back to the terminal. If it's free access to everything after security i'll go through security early and have a bit of a wander around the long haul and international gates , but if it's a separate section with only limited access I'll stay landside a bit longer).
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Terminal 1 if I remember right and its a non Schengen zone so I don't think you can leave the module you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Ryanair is Terminal 1 module B or C and as said above are exclusively non-schengen. Those 2 are linked but they aren't in any way spectacular.

Terminal 2 is vast (2x 1km long double decker piers linked by private ubahn), and you can pass from the schengen to non schengen easily within T2 with no check of boarding pass or anything, just the passport. That would be well worth a look.
    You can get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 and back by shuttle bus airside so that might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭jmreire

Sorry for piggy backing on this thread ( cant seem to find the "Start New Thread" icon. ) But it concerns Munich Airport anyway.
    I may be travelling to Belgrade in the near future as follow's:-
    Depart DUB @05;35
    Arrive MUN @ 08:55
    Depart MUN @10:50
    Arr. BEL @12:20
    Which give's just short of 3 hours to make the connection. Sound's Ok,,,,BUT

Part 2: Return Trip:

Depart BEL@ 09:20
    Arr. ZUR @11:15
    Depart ZUR @12:50 Give's 1 hr 35 Mins to make the connection in ZURICH.
    Arr, DUB 14:10

Has anyone made this trip ( or similar timeframe ) ? and if so, how did it work out? The outward leg, seems OK, but the return trip seem's a bit tight??

Thanks for any input..

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Zurich airport has a very good website so you might get an idea of real timing by checking in advance on the day of week your travelling.
    Of course things can change on the day of your flight.
    Are you travelling on a Swiss ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

jmreire wrote: »
    Sorry for piggy backing on this thread ( cant seem to find the "Start New Thread" icon. ) But it concerns Munich Airport anyway.
    I may be travelling to Belgrade in the near future as follow's:-
    Depart DUB @05;35
    Arrive MUN @ 08:55
    Depart MUN @10:50
    Arr. BEL @12:20
    Which give's just short of 3 hours to make the connection. Sound's Ok,,,,BUT

Part 2: Return Trip:

Depart BEL@ 09:20
    Arr. ZUR @11:15
    Depart ZUR @12:50 Give's 1 hr 35 Mins to make the connection in ZURICH.
    Arr, DUB 14:10

Has anyone made this trip ( or similar timeframe ) ? and if so, how did it work out? The outward leg, seems OK, but the return trip seem's a bit tight??

Thanks for any input..

More than enough time at ZRH - it’s a dream to transfer through.

• Advertisement

de biz wrote: »
    Zurich airport has a very good website so you might get an idea of real timing by checking in advance on the day of week your travelling.
    Of course things can change on the day of your flight.
    Are you travelling on a Swiss ticket?

Yes, I am....so no worry's about luggage transfer. I was in Zurich, but it was many years ago...and I really only remember it ( most of it anyway :D ) very vaguely !!! :) Some of the flight's I was offered meant a change of airlines, including luggage etc....so out of the question.
    Thanks de biz :)

LXFlyer wrote: »
    More than enough time at ZRH - it’s a dream to transfer through.

That's a relief to hear, LXFlyer. Thanks. I'll follow your advice. I have had many pleasant flight's but some horror story's too.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭davepatr07

Both Munich and Zurich are great airports for transferring based on experience. You’ll be fine.

Never used Ryanair to Munich only LH however will be using FR there in Aug so good to know above info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

davepatr07 wrote: »
    Both Munich and Zurich are great airports for transferring based on experience. You’ll be fine.

Never used Ryanair to Munich only LH however will be using FR there in Aug so good to know above info.

Do you have to go through security again at Munich or Zurich if you arrive from Dublin?

At Frankfurt you don't in theory, but the way the airport is set up most DUB arrivals are bussed which means you do have to go through security again. The last time I arrived at Frankfurt from DUB it was at an air bridge luckily and you could walk straight into the gates area like in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

VG31 wrote: »
    Do you have to go through security again at Munich or Zurich if you arrive from Dublin?

At Frankfurt you don't in theory, but the way the airport is set up most DUB arrivals are bussed which means you do have to go through security again. The last time I arrived at Frankfurt from DUB it was at an air bridge luckily and you could walk straight into the gates area like in Amsterdam.

No is the answer at Zurich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭davepatr07

The time I used both Munich and Zurich were on flights to Canada from DUB. Will be different as you are still within Europe.

Outbound through Munich no security just passport and visa check but returning through Zurich the security was at the gates. Would definitely use the airports again.

Remember going through Frankfurt with LH where inbound from Singapore to DUB you went through security again, whereas to HK with a 10 min tight connection (DUB flight was delayed) no security, they even held the plane for us connecting passengers.

Advertisement