Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nuyil simp

when did this 100ml liquid regulation come in? i know its since 9/11 but was it in place 10 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

nuyil simp wrote: »
    when did this 100ml liquid regulation come in? i know its since 9/11 but was it in place 10 years ago?

Google says August 10 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nuyil simp

Google says August 10 2006

yeah, it would have been July 2006 that i had a few cans with me, just to take the edge off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

If a tube says 100g on it, is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If a tube says 100g on it, is that ok?

Anything OVER 100ml ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

1gram water = almost exactly 1ml.
    They should let it through but had one guy give me hassle over a 100g container of pomade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thelastpogue

Hey, I am travelling with my 3 year old on Aer Lingus soon. He has paid for a full price ticket, but am I stil lable to bring a car seat and buggy free of charge for him? trying to find out online and I can't find the info anywhere!
    Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hey, I am travelling with my 3 year old on Aer Lingus soon. He has paid for a full price ticket, but am I stil lable to bring a car seat and buggy free of charge for him? trying to find out online and I can't find the info anywhere!
    Thanks

I’m not sure, you may have to contact them, these items are free for an infant/baby, but once a child is older than 2 they aren’t classed as an infant, they’re a regular passenger, and I’m not sure if the buggy would then be free, but I think it will be, maybe private message them on social media to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

Can i bring two child items such as a buggy or car chair free to check in to a Ryanair flight?

Our daughter is over two now. I know these were free before she turned two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Checking in Cabin Bags with Aer Lingus

I’m wondering if anyone can help me please? There are 4 of us traveling to Lanzarote on Aer Lingus. I see from the Aer Lingus website that we can each check in our cabin (10 kg) bags for €5 if we go to desk 32. This is great as saved hassle with liquids requirements. However, there is no information as to whether we can check the cabin bag again for the return journey from Lanzarote. Can anyone help with this query please? TIA

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Checking in Cabin Bags with Aer Lingus

I’m wondering if anyone can help me please? There are 4 of us traveling to Lanzarote on Aer Lingus. I see from the Aer Lingus website that we can each check in our cabin (10 kg) bags for €5 if we go to desk 32. This is great as saved hassle with liquids requirements. However, there is no information as to whether we can check the cabin bag again for the return journey from Lanzarote. Can anyone help with this query please? TIA
    I’ve checked in my cabin bag at out stations with Aer Lingus, although I’ve no idea of Lanzarote, I’m sure if you contact them in social media with this question they’ll inform you of this process for their Lanzarote outstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Locker10a wrote: »
    I’ve checked in my cabin bag at out stations with Aer Lingus, although I’ve no idea of Lanzarote, I’m sure if you contact them in social media with this question they’ll inform you of this process for their Lanzarote outstation.

I’ll do that - thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

Anytime I fly with aerlingus, I check in online and go to the desk for boarding cards and ask will they take the hand luggage and they always take it free of charge. I don't like the idea of them charging for it as it starts at 5 euro and like everything else will only increase.

The advantage of paying is that you can get non security friendly stuff checked in i.e. liquids.

There is honestly little value in dragging a case all the way to the gate only to dispose of it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

I don't drag it through security. I hand it in at the check in desk for free. Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

normakelle wrote: »
    I don't drag it through security. I hand it in at the check in desk for free. Works for me.

If you only have the carry-on and not a hold case as well, they sometimes refuse to take the carry-on at the check-in desk. Happened to me twice and luckily I didn't have any liquids in the small case, as I had to drag it through security anyway. On one occasion, checking in at the desk they would only take one carry-on per large paid case.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    If you only have the carry-on and not a hold case as well, they sometimes refuse to take the carry-on at the check-in desk. Happened to me twice and luckily I didn't have any liquids in the small case, as I had to drag it through security anyway. On one occasion, checking in at the desk they would only take one carry-on per large paid case.

It appears they are trialling a new policy where you can check in a small 10kg case for €5, this would probably be a popular option going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

It appears they are trialling a new policy where you can check in a small 10kg case for €5, this would probably be a popular option going forward

Definitely, especially for folk who travel light. Presume it'll find itself increasing in price, like the way Ryanair's minimum is €8 or thereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Trying to find out for a friend who quite frankly doesn't know what he's doing.

He's just discovered he needs to check in and pay for a 10kg bag with Ryanair tomorrow (non-priority ticket). The fee is €25 but where does he pay for this; is it in the app or in person in the airport. Also if it's in the airport can he pay in cash or does it have to be card?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

From the Ryanair website:
    "You can add the 10kg Check-in Bag at the time of booking, during check-in, or in your trip extras. Sign into your Active trip and scroll down to your trip extras. Click “Add to Trip” and follow the steps."

"Non-priority customers who have not added a bag to their booking can still purchase a 10kg Check-In Bag at the airport bag drop desk or at the boarding gate for €/£25."

I would add the bag in the app / online, it's less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Hi,
    Have to transport a few instruments from Amsterdam to Faro. Acoustic guitar, fiddle, banjo, bodhran and a mandolin. Anybody have experience with this? I imagine Ryanair will charge a seat each instrument? The musicians will not put their babies in the cargo hold. I'm not musical myself but I completely understand. Any tricks or tips appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Ryanair have the priority and 2 cabin bag option which includes a 10kg carry on along with another smaller bag. They also have the option to check in a 10kg bag. What’s the advantage of one or the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Gael23 wrote: »
    Ryanair have the priority and 2 cabin bag option which includes a 10kg carry on along with another smaller bag. They also have the option to check in a 10kg bag. What’s the advantage of one or the other?

If you’re only traveling with carry on, you have all your luggage exiting the aircraft, if you check it in you’ll have to wait for it to appear on the carousel, so time really

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Gael23 wrote: »

If you take the check it in option you’re not limited by the 100ml liquids in a clear plastic bag. You can pack what you want.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    If you take the check it in option you’re not limited by the 100ml liquids in a clear plastic bag. You can pack what you want.

It also makes the security, airport and boarding experience much much more pleasant not having to drag cases with you, you feel so light and free if you drop off the bag at check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It also makes the security, airport and boarding experience much much more pleasant not having to drag cases with you, you feel so light and free if you drop off the bag at check in.

Can you still take a small bag on board? I have medication I can’t be without so needs to come on board in case checked in bag gets lost

No problem, the bag must fit under the seat.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

No problem, the bag must fit under the seat.

The bag must fit under the seat from a dimensions perspective. But it may be stored in an overhead locker.

Seen many people with non priority carrying a second smaller bag from krakow. Nobody was stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

But you have to see how that compares with lengthy waits for bags on the other end. Edinburgh has been 45 minutes plus for me twice this year so last time I booked priority and carried my case on.

Advertisement