Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Prize Leagues 2019/20

• 09-07-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Always a useful thread!

The Bohs league is now up and running.10 overall + 14 monthly /Xmas prizes up for grabs.Prizes include €600 for winner,Wolves FC jersey (signed by our fantasy favourites!),4ball @ Druids Glen and a game of Footee for 4.It's €20 to join with 5% of each entry fee being donated to the Sean Cox Rehabilitation Trust.

https://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=6961

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It's auto-selecting 10 signups for €200 when I try sign up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Dearg81 wrote: »
    It's auto-selecting 10 signups for €200 when I try sign up :confused:

No wonder I'm in a league of my own...and the only one at that!

Sorry about that Dearg81.I've messaged our technical guru (who's fairly tied up with preparations for tomorrow's game v Chelsea).I'll post here when the glitch has been resolved.

Always a useful thread!

The Bohs league is now up and running.10 overall + 14 monthly /Xmas prizes up for grabs.Prizes include €600 for winner,Wolves FC jersey (signed by our fantasy favourites!),4ball @ Druids Glen and a game of Footee for 4.It's €20 to join with 5% of each entry fee being donated to the Sean Cox Rehabilitation Trust.

https://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=6961

PayPal auto-select issue now sorted.Phew!Just 4 weeks to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harps1954

Some of you might be familiar with me for running the JD FPL League - I know many of you were in it previously and even though I don't post a lot on boards, there are many on here who know me and know that I run this league very well.

In addition to the normal Classic League, I also run a Champions League competition (Champions League is limited to 64 players).

Last season, our competitions paid out over €4,500 in prize money, and we are already well on the way to a hopefully similar (if not bigger prize fund for 19/20). Our 32 player Europa League is already sold out, while the 64 player Champions League is fast approaching a full-house as well. The Europa League winner will receive €500, while the Champions League winner will pick up €1000.

In the League, there will all the usual favourites like monthly cash prizes (€30 each month last season), a Cup competition (€200 for the winner last season) and prizes for at least the top five finishers in the league (€1,000 top prize last year, €500 for 2nd, etc.).

***************** CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2019/20 ****************

Once more, I will be running an optional Champions League competition again this year. It is limited to only 64 players – so this will be available on a first come, first served basis.

Payment is the only way that entry can be confirmed.

Cost of entering this is also €20 with a prize of €1,000 for the Champions League winner at the end of the season.

How does the Champions League work (it’s very similar to the “real” Champions League):

The 64 players will be drawn into 16 Groups of 4 Players.
    Each Group will see each player have 6 rounds of fixtures based on the Premier League Fantasy Football Gameweeks (e.g. Champions League Matchday 1 will be Premier League Gameweek 5, etc – full dates will be confirmed nearer the start of the season).

Three points will be awarded for each victory, one point for a draw.

Top two in each Group will progress to Round of 32 Knock-out stage with each Group winner facing a Group runner-up in this round. Each subsequent round will be an open-draw.

Each Knock-out game will be over two-legs (up to and including the semi-finals) with winning aggregate score over two legs progressing to the next round.

The Final will be a one-off game in Gameweek 37.

******************** HOW TO ENTER AND PAY ****************

Send €20 via PayPal (friends and family) to irishfpl@gmail.com to enter the League only.

Send €40 via PayPal (friends and family) to irishfpl@gmail.com to enter the League & Champions League.

Please make sure all payments are sent using the “Friends and Family” option in PayPal.

Remember, you can’t join the Champions League without being a member of the Fantasy League.

Once payment has been received, an email confirming the code to join the league will be sent to you.

Feel free to send this email on to any friends, family, work colleagues, etc. who you feel might want to be a part of our leagues.

Joe

Thanks Joe.

How does one keep track of progress if taking part in the champions league ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

klopparama wrote: »
    Thanks Joe.

How does one keep track of progress if taking part in the champions league ?

Pretty sure emails are sent out with fixtures, results etc. around the GWs of the CL games. Looks a very good setup going by the emails I received previously. Will be my first season in the CL part of it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

McBain11 wrote: »
    Pretty sure emails are sent out with fixtures, results etc. around the GWs of the CL games. Looks a very good setup going by the emails I received previously. Will be my first season in the CL part of it :-)

That’s how it works yeah

Numbers looking pretty good in this already - should be a decent prize pot. Still a handful of places remaining in the Champions League for anyone who hasn't signed up yet.
    harps1954 wrote: »
    Some of you might be familiar with me for running the JD FPL League - I know many of you were in it previously and even though I don't post a lot on boards, there are many on here who know me and know that I run this league very well.

In addition to the normal Classic League, I also run a Champions League competition (Champions League is limited to 64 players).

Last season, our competitions paid out over €4,500 in prize money, and we are already well on the way to a hopefully similar (if not bigger prize fund for 19/20). Our 32 player Europa League is already sold out, while the 64 player Champions League is fast approaching a full-house as well. The Europa League winner will receive €500, while the Champions League winner will pick up €1000.

In the League, there will all the usual favourites like monthly cash prizes (€30 each month last season), a Cup competition (€200 for the winner last season) and prizes for at least the top five finishers in the league (€1,000 top prize last year, €500 for 2nd, etc.).

Once more, I will be running an optional Champions League competition again this year. It is limited to only 64 players – so this will be available on a first come, first served basis.

Cost of entering this is also €20 with a prize of €1,000 for the Champions League winner at the end of the season.

How does the Champions League work (it’s very similar to the “real” Champions League):

Each Group will see each player have 6 rounds of fixtures based on the Premier League Fantasy Football Gameweeks (e.g. Champions League Matchday 1 will be Premier League Gameweek 5, etc – full dates will be confirmed nearer the start of the season).

Top two in each Group will progress to Round of 32 Knock-out stage with each Group winner facing a Group runner-up in this round. Each subsequent round will be an open-draw.

Each Knock-out game will be over two-legs (up to and including the semi-finals) with winning aggregate score over two legs progressing to the next round.

Send €20 via PayPal (friends and family) to irishfpl@gmail.com to enter the League only.

Send €40 via PayPal (friends and family) to irishfpl@gmail.com to enter the League & Champions League.

Please make sure all payments are sent using the “Friends and Family” option in PayPal.

Remember, you can’t join the Champions League without being a member of the Fantasy League.

Once payment has been received, an email confirming the code to join the league will be sent to you.

Feel free to send this email on to any friends, family, work colleagues, etc. who you feel might want to be a part of our leagues.

Joe

Nice shiny retro poster to brighten up this thread ;)

15ecoib.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hello FSA!! :eek:

Have been roped back into the Finn Harps League at the last minute, so you can stop saving a league slot, hoping against hope.

Here it is.

As usual entry fee is €20 (with a €1 surcharge for PayPal payments to cover PayPal fees) with 50% of the entry fee going to Finn Harps Football Club, to provide vital funds as we battle to retain our Premier Division status.

Entry numbers have grown year on year, so we hope to keep that up. As ever the final prize fund will depend on the number of entries with that fund growing year on year to a peak of €2,850 last season. We will confirm the prizes immediately at the close of the league. We will retain monthly cash prizes and a cup competition if possible, with overall prizes for between 5 and 10 places at the top depending on the amount available.

Last season the top 11 placed managers took home at total of €2,550 between them while the monthly winners shared €300. Our overall Champion Tony O Dowd took home a cool €1,000. Runner up Diarmuid Sexton collected €500 while the bronze medal and €350 went to Michael Ward.

Enter here https://www.finnharps.ie/post/fpl

Or PM me, can take Friends and Family PayPal avoiding the fee from anyone who remembers who I am!!

• Advertisement

All the Champions League and Europa League places now gone in my League. However, plenty of places left in the Classic League. 10 days to go. Entry is €20 and payment can be sent via PayPal (friends and family) to irishfpl@gmail.com. Code will be forwarded after payment has been received.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FHFC wrote: »

Have been roped back into the Finn Harps League at the last minute, so you can stop saving a league slot, hoping against hope.

Here it is.

As usual entry fee is €20 (with a €1 surcharge for PayPal payments to cover PayPal fees) with 50% of the entry fee going to Finn Harps Football Club, to provide vital funds as we battle to retain our Premier Division status.

Entry numbers have grown year on year, so we hope to keep that up. As ever the final prize fund will depend on the number of entries with that fund growing year on year to a peak of €2,850 last season. We will confirm the prizes immediately at the close of the league. We will retain monthly cash prizes and a cup competition if possible, with overall prizes for between 5 and 10 places at the top depending on the amount available.

Last season the top 11 placed managers took home at total of €2,550 between them while the monthly winners shared €300. Our overall Champion Tony O Dowd took home a cool €1,000. Runner up Diarmuid Sexton collected €500 while the bronze medal and €350 went to Michael Ward.

Or PM me, can take Friends and Family PayPal avoiding the fee from anyone who remembers who I am!!

You signing up to the Premier League mate?

You signing up to the Premier League mate?

Sorry for leaving so late man, I haven't decided if I'll actually manage my team to any level to justify taking a spot.

Will confirm by deadline!

Here it is.

Despite the late launch this is filling up nicely. Past the 60 mark in 48 hours.

Last seasons prizes were as below, and include a couple of FSA prize winners with Mike Ehrmantraut taking home €500 for second as well as a monthly prize, while Missing Links took €60 for 8th.

Keep the entries coming, and please share to any other groups or league you're in. The standard is high, no point pretending otherwise, so theres no harm spreading the news, and everyone here has a good season in them that could finish in the prize positions or even win it.

486978.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Here it is.

Wee bump on this with only 4 days left till kick off :pac:

Let serial bumping commence ;)
    Nice shiny retro poster to brighten up this thread ;)

15ecoib.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Let serial bumping commence ;)
    Joined.

Here it is.

Joined. Take it the code will be sent via email?

maximo31 wrote: »
    Joined. Take it the code will be sent via email?

Yup. Hopefully you have it by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Just a reminder message about the main annual pay league we have on the forum

Jump on the Annual FSA Pay league thread for details

harps1954 wrote: »

Joe

Signed up. Code to be sent by email?

Annnnndddd dont forget to support local football.

Bohs & Harps.

#GREATESTLEAGUEINTHEWORLD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

maximo31 wrote: »

Any reason why the Fantasy Bet and Fan Team leagues does not allow Ireland residents

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Any reason why the Fantasy Bet and Fan Team leagues does not allow Ireland residents

For those interested. Got entered at €25. Huge money in the pool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Best of luck.

How did you enter?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    How did you enter?

Dm’d on twitter & entered via a partner site bethard.com

Wouldn’t be using them for anything else mind

Dm’d on twitter & entered via a partner site bethard.com

Wouldn’t be using them for anything else mind

Thanks I'm in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

How does the fantasybet.com one have virtually every country EXCEPT Ireland when you go to join?

Advertisement