Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Can't see him playing week in week out

Unless a new centre back arrives I reckon he will be pretty close he was nailed on before his injury last year and is better than matip and lovren. Great choice for a 2nd pool defender imo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

City’s new/returning left back Angelino added at 5ml
    He is not gonna be starting over Mendy though
    Over zivcenko who knows ......

Just had my first proper look they are being quite cute both United back up keepers in at 5.0 incase de gea leaves. Not interested in any of them anyway just an observation

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Do people think Joe Gomez will be first choice partner for VVD this season? If so, he could offer good value as part of double Liverpool defence. I am assuming that everyone will have either TAA or Robbo and will be looking at a second Liverpool defence. If going with Gomez plus 2 x 4.5 rotating keepers, that's 14.5 spent on three players. Going with Alisson as keeper plus 4.0 bench fodder, you then have to go with another cheap defender for the same price.

The first scenario means all three are starting options each week while the second only gives you one starter each week (Alisson) plus a rotation defender and a bench warmer keeper. If I knew Gomez would be first choice, I'd be leaning towards him plus 2 x 4.5 rotating keepers. Any thoughts?

Matip ended the season really well so I'd say it'll be up to Gomez to displace him. I'd expect Gomez to get plenty of minutes between cb and rb (and maybe even lb) but starting the season off he may be benched.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Do people think Joe Gomez will be first choice partner for VVD this season? If so, he could offer good value as part of double Liverpool defence. I am assuming that everyone will have either TAA or Robbo and will be looking at a second Liverpool defence. If going with Gomez plus 2 x 4.5 rotating keepers, that's 14.5 spent on three players. Going with Alisson as keeper plus 4.0 bench fodder, you then have to go with another cheap defender for the same price.

The first scenario means all three are starting options each week while the second only gives you one starter each week (Alisson) plus a rotation defender and a bench warmer keeper. If I knew Gomez would be first choice, I'd be leaning towards him plus 2 x 4.5 rotating keepers. Any thoughts?
    Was rested twice in the 15 games to start last season before he was injured. So looks a certain starter. Kept 7 clean sheets in 14 games, but only got 2 bonus points in total.

0 goals and 3 assists in 44 careers PL appearances. Looks like no attacking threat.

Seems an alternative to Allison rather than the other 3 in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If anyone wants an early season punt, look no further than Divock Origi(5.5). He'll almost certainly start the season, with Liverpool's usual front 3 all still away and competing for their national teams.

manual_man wrote: »
    If anyone wants an early season punt, look no further than Divock Origi(5.5). He'll almost certainly start the season, with Liverpool's usual front 3 all still away and competing for their national teams.

Yes salah could be a problem Yet if Egypt keep progressing
    Might have to stick sterling in as placeholder
    Origi a nice option but a certain transfer back out at an awkward price ......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

PARlance wrote: »
    Can we make a Cavan joke? Great penny pinching Peter
    Sure I don't even spend the full 100 budget, have to keep a few quid for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Perez at 6.5 and now to Leicester is appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,046 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Haven't set up my draft team yet but the only ideas I have so far is that I am going to pick my squad with Salah in it and pick my 15 players. The remove him for someone who I think will have a good first game instead of Salah, and that will be my first transfer the week after.

I don't think Salah will start the first game, and possibly not Mane either. Both will get to the final of the AFCON more than likely, after being the main men for their countries. Firmino is different as he has better players around him on the Brazil team so it lessens the work needed a bit. Liverpool will probably just take any win in that first game, there is no need to play all 3 lads and risk injury trying to get a 3-0 opening game when a 1-0 will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

FitzShane wrote: »
    Haven't set up my draft team yet but the only ideas I have so far is that I am going to pick my squad with Salah in it and pick my 15 players. The remove him for someone who I think will have a good first game instead of Salah, and that will be my first transfer the week after.

I don't think Salah will start the first game, and possibly not Mane either. Both will get to the final of the AFCON more than likely, after being the main men for their countries. Firmino is different as he has better players around him on the Brazil team so it lessens the work needed a bit. Liverpool will probably just take any win in that first game, there is no need to play all 3 lads and risk injury trying to get a 3-0 opening game when a 1-0 will do.

Although quite a lot of people will agree with you, I still think they all start. And then after they go 2-0 up, they'll be subbed. We guessed last season they'd be rested but never happened towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Final of the AFCON is 19th July. Still 3 weeks before Liverpool’s first game.

I’m pretty sure Salah was on holiday between the CL Final and the start of the AFCON, so I wouldn’t rule him out of the first League game just yet, even if he makes the final.

Klopp will want to hit the ground running in the League, so I’d be surprised if at least 2 of the 3 lads don’t start v Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,046 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

As far as I know Alisson & Firmino will be given holidays until July 31st / August 1st. Premier league starts on August 9th.

Not really sure what the plan is for Mane & Salah yet.

I seem to remember there's a minimum break players have to be given? 3 weeks is it?

Leicester set to sign Tielemans on permanent deal. I'm guessing around the £7M mark in fpl? In any case, another good attacking option for Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

manual_man wrote: »
    Leicester set to sign Tielemans on permanent deal. I'm guessing around the £7M mark in fpl? In any case, another good attacking option for Leicester

Makes Perez less enticing.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Makes Perez less enticing.

Interesting to see how they line up in attack. Vardy you imagine will be a cert, after that Tielemans + Perez + Maddison?

Salah/City are proving a real headache
    Salah and Aguero/Sterling decimates the rest of the team
    Unless I downgrade the premium defenders which I do not really want to
    Feels like I will be in blocking mode from the start which isn't much fun

Going to be a LOT of double pool defence plus Salah
    City prob won't feature as prominently. They really are a FF nightmare under Pep. Aguero was grand last season but really he just tikced over for a lot of the time at a premium price
    KDB is still the one who could offer the most value and flexibility price wise............
    Do not think i have ever started without a premium striker .....Kane......can I forgive him? Can I handle looking at him stumbling around for a month /?????

Jiminez/Jota also a conundrum. Their fixtures ares stink and dendoncker is currently my 5th mid

And then there is my FF nemesis. Bournemouth attackers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

That's a great shout, for some reason I never even considered him.

Away to tinker with the extra odd million possibilities.
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Was rested twice in the 15 games to start last season before he was injured. So looks a certain starter. Kept 7 clean sheets in 14 games, but only got 2 bonus points in total.

0 goals and 3 assists in 44 careers PL appearances. Looks like no attacking threat.

Seems an alternative to Allison rather than the other 3 in my opinion

Liverpool fan here - would be shocked if Matip were to be dropped for Gomez considering how good he was for the second half of last season.

Definitely Matip's place to lose. And TAA at right-back, Gomez is miles behind him as a right back.

One to keep an eye on, but more than a risky punt for the start, I'd be fairly confident he won't start.

I'm not going through the headaches yet think the only player im set on is taa as he's on some set pieces over robbo not even sure yet tho. Lot of questions to be answered in pre season... does rodri arriving free up kdb for a more advanced role? Will kane stop dropping back so much with the new signings for spurs? Where's pulisic going to fit in for Chelsea? Leicester look quite attractive but how will they set up now. All questions I haven't a clue about which will go a long way to deciding for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Egypt out - good news for salah owners

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gabriel Jesus playing on the right of the Brazil's attack in Copa America, certainly one of Brazil's best player in the tournament

Would be an interesting FPL prospect if Pep tried him here

Gabriel Jesus playing on the right of the Brazil's attack in Copa America, certainly one of Brazil's best player in the tournament

Would be an interesting FPL prospect if Pep tried him here

He won't be
    Cos he won't be
    And he never will be
    In my team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Had Arnie sitting in my draft team, will need a WH replacement, they have a nice 9/12 games from start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

F1ngers wrote: »
    Had Arnie sitting in my draft team, will need a WH replacement, they have a nice 9/12 games from start.

Maxi Gomez a done deal by the looks of things, would be a 8m striker I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Maxi Gomez a done deal by the looks of things, would be a 8m striker I reckon

Way too much for a west ham striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

km79 wrote: »

That's a good signing. If he's 4.5 he's a buy. (Pieters)

Jay Rod, too, if he can stay injury free.

Advertisement