Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2019 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Darn it pesky sickness, i hope tis just in the morning and thats it... Getting sick is a totally differant kettle of fish.. I still cry if I do it.. Mum gave me the tip of mints to suck on, when you feel a but wheezy.. Problem is then i eat a lot of mints..

A small belly though is good, ah to be slight im still working off the baby weight from no. 1.. Fair deuce walking 4 - 6 miles is that intentionally or do you have to walk it to get somewhere.. I have to cop myself on have just been too tired to get out there but will change that now have to or it will just get worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

The sickness was bad for 4 days but easing now thank god.. my SPD is really in full flow so all my walking is tough but I'm determined cause I did the same walking with the first two.. so 6 miles is all self inflicted but I do feel more energy through the day for it.. I'm grateful for that..
    I am lucky that bump is all I get cause I don't like clothes shopping and more so now as I'm expanding

I just deleted a big post again, drives me mad. But in short was saying your a mighty and clever women then :) I suppose if you dont walk they you would sieze up more so best to do it.. You will give me inspiration I have been very bad with getting out for walks and really just need to knock it and go for it...

Dito with the shopping i hate it, I have been wearing the same pair of pants id say (well as in i just keep going back buying more of them) id say for 3years. I know they fit and i dont have to try them on so i just keep getting the same ones haha... They stretch so fit during pregnancy mind this time they are getting a bit tight but I have thighs and find it so hard to find pants that arent skinny jeans or leggings which i hate...Dont have the patience for shopping to me it all looks the same

Scan today cant wait

I swear by been active with SPD as much as is comfortable and not hurting hugely.. and I had 2 fast labours with jack and Lucy which the midwives said was likely helped by been active in some way in the pregnancy.. even 10 mins to the shop for a few weeks then slowly a little more.. I just got to the hour mark now at this point but walked before been pregnant too..

I'm hoping maybe 1 nice pair of trousers in the maternity department will get me by and thats only so I can have one nice outfit to wear to dinners and such..

Best of luck today enjoy every second.. are you gonna find out what baba is..?

You have given me a push SS.. I shall be out everyday for a walk now even if it is short.. I used to be very good and then I started to mind another little girl two days a week, and between waking up earlier and well she would not walk to far, I got out of the routine of going for a long walk...

Does anyone here use the buggy boards, while i am thinking of them... I was thinking of getting one for our buggy for this reason, that if our little one does not want to walk to far at least she could go on the board and the baby in the buggy. Was thinking of the boards with the seat so if anyone has any reviews on either, all welcome..

The scan went great thank god, it was great to see the baby after so long :)... The lady said it was the perfect size and all that goes... No we decided to keep the sex a surrpise this time round.. I was just looking through the measurements of this baby compared to our daughters and they are bigger head etc so more convinced it is a boy...

I love looking around at all the different bumps on the ladies, they are all so different just makes me smile...

One good pair of pants will get you through alright, I ordered one black dress for such occasions from Dresslilly. Must say it is great cannot fault them...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We have a buggy board Milly.21 month age gap.It was great but they definitely needed a second seat if we were out for any length of time or walking any distance.The buggy board wasn't enough for them at that age, I found, if they had been running in a playground or walking far, they got tired quickly.Also I found it very useful if I had to go to a shopping centre to be able to strap the toddler into something because it is very hard to manage a moving toddler with one hand on a buggy in shops, even with reins on the toddler-if they hit the floor, you are going nowhere!!And you have no hands to pick stuff off shelves, or look at anything.

I have literally just put our second seat in storage and our second is 3.It depends on what you do when you get out and about, I guess.Ours is a lascal universal board, it's a great one.

thanks Shesty i shall look into that one.. I remember when I was in the nursery and there was just the one type the buggy board own brand there are so many out there now.. Ah twud be just for short walks now nothing too serious.. I can imagine having a few kids shopping would be a nightmare if one had free reign of the store... They should have creche spots in the shopping centres make it so much easier...

Just a rant but id love to know if it is a woman who is behind the adverts for the like of Always and that.. Just watched another stupid one, women like to be soft but strong.. Im like yeah thats how we feel around that time of the month...

How is everyone doing!! Hope ye are getting plenty of sunshine and enjoying the good weather...

Had our 24wk check with the GP yesterday all is on schedule, found the heart beat no problem this time which is great. Funny with the little miss I thought it sounded like a swan flying and this time it sounds to me like a train... The swelling has started in the feet they are huge, and have got spider veins which just adds to the lovelyness of it all.. Heading on a short plane trip next week so got some flight socks for it so hopefully they wont explode...

Have the glucose test Fri, really dreading it not looking forward to fasting or waking up so early for it, or travelling in. Was considering not going but I asked the GP her thoughts and she said in fairness it is very important research so it is good to do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

Milly33 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing!! Hope ye are getting plenty of sunshine and enjoying the good weather...

Had our 24wk check with the GP yesterday all is on schedule, found the heart beat no problem this time which is great. Funny with the little miss I thought it sounded like a swan flying and this time it sounds to me like a train... The swelling has started in the feet they are huge, and have got spider veins which just adds to the lovelyness of it all.. Heading on a short plane trip next week so got some flight socks for it so hopefully they wont explode...

Have the glucose test Fri, really dreading it not looking forward to fasting or waking up so early for it, or travelling in. Was considering not going but I asked the GP her thoughts and she said in fairness it is very important research so it is good to do it..

What's the glucose test Milly? I presume it's for diabetes. It wasn't mentioned to me at all. Were you offered it?

Yep for Gestational diabetes.. I only heard actually that Galway is great for offering this test to women. I thought as with the anom scan that they are the same in all hospitals but they are'nt...

A bit of a dose, must head in for 8 in the morning and you have to fast from 10 the night before. You have one blood test and take a glucose drink, sit for an hour, back in for another blood sample, sit for an hour and then back in for another sample... Then you can finally eat...

• Advertisement

Just turning 24 weeks now.. been a busy couple of weeks. Baby Sam is very very active which is great for Daddy to feel him but tiresome for me some days cause my bump is high and when he's kicking he's getting my stomach and makes meal time less enjoyable..
    Woke up this morning with major dizzy head and its lasted all day.. hard to lift my head up and having 2 kids on summer holidays makes it a tough day.
    I've got my GD test tuesday week.. had it with my first baby and it's a long morning to sit there but I'll have food in my bag so I can eat as soon as..
    6 months pregnant already its flown by! I had the flu jab couple weeks back and whooping cough one maybe in 6 weeks or so..

Thanks Milly. My consultant said they don't offer the diabetes test routinely. They give it to women who are overweight, have a history of diabetes in the family or are showing symptoms of diabetes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Some hospitals have started to do it for every pregnant mother.Others only do it for people who have markers, as you describe.I don't know why the change to doing it for everyone, seems to only have happened in the last couple of years.

I was like I know i have put on weight but im not that big haha... Yeah UHG offers it for everyone which is great I have been told.. A long old day but it does actually fly by.. One poor lady fainted but she was faint all along with the pregnancy so all was ok.

Arm is fairly sore from one sample but sure twill be grand.. Witnessed two things in there that really annoyed me though. One (and only for the fact she was elderly I will forgive) but a muslim family came in and while his wife was queing he sat down with his two kids next to this lady and she actually looked like she was going to run, she moved to the end of the seat.. Another, just people like taking the piss and getting away with it.. Taking up the staff parking, blocking in cars just so they dont have to pay for parking.. So annoying...rant over..

Sounds tough going with the faintness SS, do ye have any plans for the kids for the summer.. Are they old enough for camps yet? Tis great now the whopping vaccine is free... Do you normally suffer from the flu, i was told by the gp that it wasnt risk season so no need to talk about it..

Hope everyone is doing well. My consultant has told me to get the whooping cough vaccine. Anyone got this before? It looks like there is no need to get the flu one as we will escape flu season. I have no problem getting it I just didn't know there were any vaccines given to women who are pregnant.

I had my doctor appointment last thursday and was give the whooping cough vaccine. Its more common now than when I had my first two. Had no side effects from it thankfully so its straightforward. I had to get the flu jab 4 weeks ago as I had the flu 2 years back and took 9 months to bounce back so he made sure I'm covered regardless

Thanks great to hear it is straightforward and you had no side effects. I'll go in next week.

I got it also both times round and nope no side effects tis all good. Didnt have any side effects last time, but this time my arm alright went very stiff (hence they give it to you in the arm you dont always use) passed in a few days, felt like you played boxing too long on the Wii.. I would be more cautious of the flu jab but that is all about how you feel about it really. Didnt get it last time round and twas in the season but i dont suffer from it so didnt bother me

Anyone had any unexplained bruising? I get them on my legs and arms which is normal and there small.. yesterday though one of the kids hugged me and my boob hurt sonic looked and I've a massive bruise there. It wasnt there in the morning or when we were shopping and I definitely didn't get hit or even touched. It looks like I got punched hard or grabbed really roughly.
    Heading to doctors this morning but it's got me stumped completely. Feels like a swollen or lumpy area under the bruise

On the legs I would say watch for spider veins.. I didnt get them on my first and have them now this time, got the first one around the first month of pregnancy... Afriad there isnt much you can do about them on the legs..

• Advertisement

Yeah I get small bruises easy on my legs but something this big on my chest has even the doctor baffled and he's worried the platelets are low.. not helped that I'm 3 weeks with another bad kidney infection and he's threatening to send me back into hospital.. kids on holidays and no one available to help as they work kinda puts the stress factor into it

Dont stress, think only good!!! Darn it, and you cant think of hitting it off anything even a while back (for ease Aloe Vera is great to bring the bruising down if you have any) I hope you are ok.. If you were anywhere close to Loughrea i would offer you help, it cant be easy with kids not to mind when they are on holidays..

Was only saying that yesterday to himself, i watch another little lady twice a week and this week well the last day was just a blah day, that ended in one peeing on the floor and then another slipping both needed showers, thank god my husband was here to help. But we were like what have we done with another on the way :) what have we let ourselves in for...thinking of you

Its frustrating as hell some days.. I'm just hopeful I wont need hospital but he said its serious at this point and shouldn't be getting them so badly..
    I'm gonna see how it goes the next week..

The funny thing is as parents we manage when we have to. I remember the kids and myself on a weekend away and they both woke at 6am vomiting.. everywhere.. I just held them then stripped them washed them put on fresh clothes and gave them a bowl each.. they were 2 and 3 at the time.. it was a few hours later I felt the drain of it all

Sounds like my worst nightmare, or well it would have been before for sure.. Hopefully i will have the same power as you have? I hope you got a break from it after..

I wasnt going to get a crib or anything this time round for the baby (was going to use the bassinet on the travel cot) but saw a great offer on a mamas and papas second hand swing cot. wanted one the first time round but didnt get it, so picked it up today oh tis loverly...

I know I'm beyond lucky been a mum.. and been pregnant having had fertility issues and so many other women are still waiting for there miracle but that doesn't mean we cant complain about the hard parts right?
    28 weeks now and I'm in full on pain with the pelvis and that's all I'll have for 12 weeks at least..
    And even though this is my third how many Braxton hicks is too many? Last night and the night before I was having them loads and they got super uncomfortable too.. I lay down in bed after drinking water and took hours to subside enough to sleep..

Running after 2 kids outside while like this is not easy at all...!

Lots of BH!They come way early on your third.It's tough!

again i do not know how ye do it with more kids.. just back from a weekend away with the family and tis getting harder now just to even bend down to pick up the little one and run around after her.. at least she is just one.. Hope you are ok SS, you should book a day off for yourself, run away for the day or night... Book into a hotel and just run a bath ohh sounds loverly..

No braxon hicks yet, but the legs and feet are very tired now and saying bending down is getting to be a dose, think im going to have to stop shaving the legs :) im knackered after it haha....

I know what you mean Milly I removed nail polish from my toes the other day and I needed to lie down after it...

Tis like a workout :)... God really feeling the tiredness the last two days and really hoping I am just run down and not getting a cold... restless last night and the little chap was bopping away like mad all night...Anyone else notice more activity!

Has anyone gone to the dentist also? I really need mine cleaned ( i am very scared of the dentist also ) was thinking about going i know i need work done but like done plan to get anything like that addressed

• Advertisement

Not been to the dentist yet but I did with the first two pregnancies.. might go next month when I dont have school stuff to sort out.. cant believe there back in few weeks it did go kinda fast all things considered

Advertisement