Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlsberg

• 05-07-2019 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭

Has anybody tried the new Carlsberg yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think it's only the 3.8% ABV UK version that's new. The 4.3% ABV Irish one has the new branding but there's nothing, that I've seen anyway, to suggest that Diageo has changed the recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Seanachai

BeerNut wrote: »
    I think it's only the 3.8% ABV UK version that's new. The 4.3% ABV Irish one has the new branding but there's nothing, that I've seen anyway, to suggest that Diageo has changed the recipe.

It says pilsner on the Irish cans, I can't remember if it was always a pilsner?

The "Danish Pilsner" label looks to be a global rebrand. It's on the 5% ABV Danish version too. But a rebrand doesn't mean a reformulation. Only Carlsberg UK has said it's changed the recipe.

The "Danish Pilsner" label looks to be a global rebrand. It's on the 5% ABV Danish version too. But a rebrand doesn't mean a reformulation. Only Carlsberg UK has said it's changed the recipe.

Ah ok, is Carlsberg Special Brew sold in ROI?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not seen it in a decade maybe, used to be sold in Guinness bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭yogmeister

I D say the op is talking about Carlsberg unfiltered. I ve tried it and quite like the taste. I think it's more refreshing than the ordinary Carlsberg. Read the can before pouring because it's recommended to pour a certain way

I really like unfiltered Carlsberg too. Way better than it needs to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭sceach16

Seanachai wrote: »
    Has anybody tried the new Carlsberg yet?

This is a thread about beer.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sceach16 wrote: »

It's a thread with the title "Carlsberg".

You know, "probably the best beer in the world"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I opened the thread for no other reason than to see how long it would take for a post like that to appear.

Starting a thread here about Carlsberg is the same as attempting to discuss instant coffee in the Coffee & Tea forum.

coylemj wrote: »
    I opened the thread for no other reason than to see how long it would take for a post like that to appear.

Starting a thread here about Carlsberg is the same as attempting to discuss instant coffee in the Coffee & Tea forum.

Instant coffee is loathsome in fairness, it's far from barista coffee I was reared, but I just can't go back now. The beer on my wish list is Yeungling, but as they don't even distribute to all US states, I'll have to wait till I get over there to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I really like unfiltered Carlsberg too. Way better than it needs to be :)

I really like it too. It's nothing fantastic, but there's a nice pub draught taste to it. Struggle to find it in shops though, so if anyone sees some, keep an eye out for me!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Struggle to find it in shops though, so if anyone sees some, keep an eye out for me!
    SuperValu has it, or at least Sundrive Road does.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

My local Centra has it, suspect centrally supplied so most SV or Centra could get it. Only 8 packs of cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭donaghs

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I really like it too. It's nothing fantastic, but there's a nice pub draught taste to it. Struggle to find it in shops though, so if anyone sees some, keep an eye out for me!

Im willing to give any beer a chance, macro or craft. But wasnt that impressed with the unfiltered. Not a big flavour from it, but also a faint whiff of puke from it. Other people have gotten the sick aroma too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Had a draught pint of the unfiltered Carlsberg and I have to say was pleasantly surprised. If somewhere like my local - that won't stock any craft - had it, I'd happily chug it in the summer instead of Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Have a medal for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭techman1

I see carlsberg cans in northern Ireland now brewed by diageo the same as in the south although still has the 3.8% alcohol like UK carlsberg. I'm glad that diageo now brewing it , far superior to the UK stuff brewed in Northampton.

It's a pity couldn't get the Dublin carlsberg here though the 4.3% one, still I notice that it's still far nicer than the UK one

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ludo_2002

Can i buy 4.3% Carlsberg in NI ? How does the 3.8% Diageo product available in NI compare?

The 3.8% Uk stuff is piss poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I bought some carlsberg up North a few months ago when up ther as was cheap as chips but its a completely different beer than what we get down here.

Its a far inferior product (I know most dont like Our version but still)

Advertisement