Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The guy on the red bike

Options
  • 03-07-2019 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Whats the deal with the guy on the red bike that cycles around with an action camera filming motorists in traffic?

Seen him around a lot recently, camera in hand and either filming randomly in front and behind him every few seconds or picking out cars in traffic and pointing his camera at the car as he passed.

He's constantly cycling on footpaths and through red lights so he's hardly a stickler for the ROTR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the guy on the red bike that cycles around with an action camera filming motorists in traffic?

Seen him around a lot recently, camera in hand and either filming randomly in front and behind him every few seconds or picking out cars in traffic and pointing his camera at the car as he passed.

He's constantly cycling on footpaths and through red lights so he's hardly a stickler for the ROTR.

Where do you see him generally?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Where do you see him generally?

Along the dual carriageway between Briarhill and Tuam Rd, Sean Mulvoy Rd, Quin. Bridge.... mostly in the evenings after 6.

Hope he has his GDPR paperwork in place for all that footage!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

There is a guy on a bike often taking photos of the traffic around the Kingston Rd./Threadneedle Rd./Taylor's Hill/BO'D Rd. junctions in the morning time. Is it the same guy I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

ChewyLouie wrote:

What GDPR paperwork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Along the dual carriageway between Briarhill and Tuam Rd, Sean Mulvoy Rd, Quin. Bridge.... mostly in the evenings after 6.

unless you plan on pulling over someday and giving over your private details to the guy well then why would he need GDPR paperwork to prove he can store and handle your details properly

Is it not personal enough data (to fall under GDPR) to be recording car registration plates, recording an image/video of the individual in the car and recording where they were at that time?

If so they'd need policy documents in place (data retention policy, privacy notice etc.).

Regardless of GDPR, anyone know his motivation? He seems to pick out random cars stuck in lines of traffic and record them. I would understand if they were parked illegally or blocking a cycle lane etc but it seems very random. The footage scanning in front and behind while cycling must be dizying to watch!

There is a guy on a bike often taking photos of the traffic around the Kingston Rd./Threadneedle Rd./Taylor's Hill/BO'D Rd. junctions in the morning time. Is it the same guy I wonder?

That's what I was wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Is it not personal enough data (to fall under GDPR) to be recording car registration plates, recording an image/video of the individual in the car and recording where they were at that time?

If so they'd need policy documents in place (data retention policy, privacy notice etc.).

Can you link to this?
    Do you need to have policy documents in place (data retention policy, privacy notice etc.) for Dash Cams used by loads of cars that have them on Windscreens as well?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Can you link to this?
    Do you need to have policy documents in place (data retention policy, privacy notice etc.) for Dash Cams used by loads of cars that have them on Windscreens as well?

You are well within your right to ask a taxi driver (as an example) to turn off an inward facing camera or delete the footage as you leave the car,

Any person seeing this guy record them can do the same, and if he doesn't comply he can be reported, especially if he is uploading the footage online,

ronnie3585 wrote: »

I see he's reinvented himself a bit. No longer Cosain. He's now Cosain Climate. He must have been boring even himself :D

You are well within your right to ask a taxi driver (as an example) to turn off an inward facing camera or delete the footage as you leave the car,
    What about OUTward facing camera on the DASH? Lots of Taxis and NON-Taxis using them?

Any person seeing this guy record them can do the same, and if he doesn't comply he can be reported, especially if he is uploading the footage online,

Correct, if it's the same guy as the Kingston Road, Threadneedle guy, he's a menace. I've my kids warned to never engage with him and to block their faces when we see him if they're in the car with me. He has a favourite light pole he hides behind. There's something very comical about an adult trying to hide behind a pole :D

What about OUTward facing camera on the DASH? Lots of Taxis and NON-Taxis using them?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/q-a-how-to-ensure-your-dash-cam-does-not-infringe-privacy-law-1.3727572

Correct, if it's the same guy as the Kingston Road, Threadneedle guy, he's a menace. I've my kids warned to never engage with him and to block their faces when we see him if they're in the car with me. He has a favourite light pole he hides behind. There's something very comical about an adult trying to hide behind a pole :D
    Careful now... not alone are you going off topic; its not the same person. Read OP again.

Careful now... not alone are you going off topic; its not the same person. Read OP again.

You sure it's not the same guy?

You sure it's not the same guy?

100%. One is static, the other is not.

Nearly certain he posts on this handle
    https://twitter.com/nope

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't identify individuals.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Don't identify individuals.

Post 3

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We'll stop here

This discussion has been closed.