Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who Episode in 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Looks like we are going to get one episode of Doctor Who this year, possibly Christmas special.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-07-01/doctor-who-could-air-an-extra-episode-before-the-2020-series/amp/

We had one on NYD too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, technically we already have had a 2019 Doctor Who episode ;)

Comic Con is coming up, so perhaps we'll get a trailer and a sense of when this special episode will air...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So hopefully get Doctor Who trailer and Picard trailer this year at Con :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It'll be interesting to see if they've made adjustments from the last series. It felt weak writing wise to me (was quite fond of most of the actors though). From what I read that's how most people felt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Being a Christmas episode I imagine the writing will be even weaker than usual. Not going to get my hopes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

I wonder what "message" they'll be pushing?

AngryLoner wrote: »

All I want is epic speeches, witty remarks, a flying Tardis and a decent soundtrack for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

AngryLoner wrote: »

Sigh. Who cares? Sci-fi is generally progressive by its nature. I'll judge the episodes by the quality of the writing and acting, not by whether I agree with their "message" or not.

Stark wrote: »
    Sigh. Who cares? Sci-fi is generally progressive by its nature. I'll judge the episodes by the quality of the writing and acting, not by whether I agree with their "message" or not.

I'd actually disagree with that. I think sci-fi is a near 50/50 split whether the future is progressive or extreme regressive.

Still love both strands of scifi though.

Advertisement