Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lake camping

• 30-06-2019 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Not necessarily City related but...

I'm looking for recommendations for camping spots on lakes.
    Want to bring the kids for a bit of outdoor time.
    Doesn't have to be the Corrib but handy enough for Galway and not trespassing or causing hassle.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

City -> County

Check out Gurteen Bay Camping or Clifden Eco Beach

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

biko wrote: »
    City -> County

Check out Gurteen Bay Camping or Clifden Eco Beach

That's not a lake.

That's not a lake.
    No, do you have a recommendation?

I've been to the ones I recommended above.

Haven't been to this
    www.congcamping.com

I have stayed at Cong campsite. It’s not quite lakeside as it is a couple of minutes walk to the lake.

I have recently spotted campers at the pier just opposite Keane’s Pub in Maum, at the t-junction. It not quite a lake but it is a tributary off the Corrib.

Not Galway but I have also seen tents pitched up at Lough Derg in Dromineer Co. Tipperary., right at the back car park. Nice and quite looking down there.

• Advertisement

Check out Derryclare Nature Reserve on the R344, just of the N59 at Recess.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 paulme

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Not necessarily City related but...

I'm looking for recommendations for camping spots on lakes.
    Want to bring the kids for a bit of outdoor time.
    Doesn't have to be the Corrib but handy enough for Galway and not trespassing or causing hassle.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I'm very interested in this too, I'm planning to do something similar in a few weeks with a small group of friends in canoes and kayaks.

Inchagoill sounds like it might be ideal, but it sounds like we may have to share it if the weather is fine.

Has anybody ever stayed on Canon island In the Shannon? Would it be madness to paddle in the Shannon if we are not a very experienced group of paddlers.

Hope to get a clear and dark night to see the perseid meteor shower

Advertisement