Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tripod shooting

• 29-06-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Has anyone tried shooting of a a tripod with a hog saddle or arca rail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

Been shooting off hogsaddles about 3 or 4 years now, Arca rail since this year.Arca is a much better setup

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭shootemall

How do you find it at longer distances from a standing position

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭clivej

I attached a cheap fishing rod extendable rod rest to one tripod leg to support the rear of the rifle.
    I could easily hit a sheep size rock at 600y across the valley with my 308.

483988.jpg

20190630_102623.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

clivej,

I replaced the original cross strap on my tripod with a longer one which allows the tripod to deploy lower. Better for sitting and setting up in award places

Advertisement