Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting to Grangegorman campus/LUAS green line

Options
  • 29-06-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I'd be grateful if anyone could share their experiences of using the LUAS green line heading north in the mornings, I'm considering attending TU Dublin Grangegorman campus from September and I'd like to know if it's something I can possibly do.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why couldn't you do it?

It's a simple case of getting on Luas at some point and getting off at grangegorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 woozlewozzle

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I've heard that the LUAS is often way over capacity at rush hours, it's not a very appealing idea, cramming onto a tram every morning and evening, it's a quality of life issue really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I've heard that the LUAS is often way over capacity at rush hours, it's not a very appealing idea, cramming onto a tram every morning and evening, it's a quality of life issue really

Where are you coming from?

Lots of people manage it every day. It'll clear out significantly in town. You'll be near the start of the line coming home so could/should be seats available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Why not study quantum mechanics at home instead? That way you’ll eventually be able to invent time travel and a matter transporter so you’ll avoid peak time congestion, eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Welcome to adulting. If you're lucky enough to have transport going direct to your college, go for it. You'll probably have more flexibility on your hours than most workers, so you won't be in rush hour traffic every day.

Or get a bike if you're feeling energetic. Or get an eBike if you're not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 woozlewozzle

Why not study quantum mechanics at home instead? That way you’ll eventually be able to invent time travel and a matter transporter so you’ll avoid peak time congestion, eventually

Unfortunately my grandfather isn't Rick Sanchez

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

There are only three or four stops coming from the Cabra end to grangegorman.
    If you’re coming from the other direction it will empty in town.

A slightly packed luas isn’t a quality of life issue by the way :) but if it is for you I understand. Red line is for busier and prone to being crowded than the green in my experience and I use both lines weekly all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭LastStop

I know a couple of people who are having to move up there in September, although they have been told it might be delayed until the new year.

Anyway, both have done their IBT and will have mopeds before hand, they are not near the Luas though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hi,
    I'd be grateful if anyone could share their experiences of using the LUAS green line heading north in the mornings, I'm considering attending TU Dublin Grangegorman campus from September and I'd like to know if it's something I can possibly do.
    Thanks

If you aren't doing a 40 hour a week course (they are rare) you are unlikely to have to deal with rush hour traffic on a dailly basis as you won't have a 9am lecture every day. If you hit rush hour on the way home spend an hour in the library studying. It will stand to you in your degree and dodge the congestion.

Congestion is very bad at rush hour and it's generally very low outside rush hour.

without knowing where youd be getting on or where your starting point is (to suss out other options) its not really a question anyones going to be able to advise on

• Advertisement
Advertisement