Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend burger

• 20-04-2019 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I know there's a best food thread but as there's so many new burger joints I thought it needs it's own thread.
    Botown, Burgerstory, Handsome burger or somewhere else?

I've eaten in Handsome Burger and loved it. Messy (in a good way) ozing with fillings, meat was lovely. And great fries with it.

Cheers,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Handsome. Thread can be closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Where the fuk is this handsome burger located?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Guffy

Not a big burger lover but thought wow in Newcastle was good. It wasn't long open when I had one but it was served medium too so that was savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Where the fuk is this handsome burger located?

Dominic St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

Chili shack
    Awesome burgers
    Burgerstory and the cow burger place in Newcastle are decent but my preference is chilli shack so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭jh79

I thought the burgers were better in Caribou after Handsome left.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Asking for "best" is trying to make a subjective an objective.
    Can't be done.

Chili shack is best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

biko wrote: »
    Asking for "best" is trying to make a subjective an objective.
    Can't be done.

Chili shack is best

This man gets it. Chili shack "the beast" burger. Best burger I've ever had. They're also very generous with their paprika chips. I'm by no means skinny but having the whole thing on my own hurts. Worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Bo town is a dinger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Handsome

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭maniac2003

Scottys, the best there was, the best there is, the best there ever will be

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Botown, handsome and burgerstory for me are the top 4 in town. And at differing stages in the past, I would have picked any 1 as my favourite.

The front door have since removed it from their menu, but they did an unreal BBQ beef & pulled pork burger that was probably my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

maniac2003 wrote: »
    Scottys, the best there was, the best there is, the best there ever will be

Finally someone speaks sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

chicken burg from Handsome.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Every last one of ye need to pop into the Oslo in Salthill & get the Elvis Burger & then get it pimped as they say on the menu with extra bacon & cheese.

You can close the thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As we can see in this thread people have different tastes.
    Don't poop on each other's recommendations*, instead keep to what you yourself recommend and maybe even tell us why that place is good.

Maybe I will like the burger the way you like it, maybe I won't.

*it's in the charter
    If you use this thread to anti-recommend a place, your post will be removed.
    #8 https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057302543

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Many places, including Handsome Burger and Botown have 2 for 1 burgers tomorrow- link

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

... and Handsome Burger was just named "Best Burger in Ireland": https://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/revealed-the-best-burger-in-ireland-38234784.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

Stone wrote: »
    ... and Handsome Burger was just named "Best Burger in Ireland": https://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/revealed-the-best-burger-in-ireland-38234784.html

Handsome burger is superb, but best ''Fast Food Chain: Eddie Rockets:eek:'' come on that totally invalidates anything that article has to say:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Notch000 wrote: »
    Handsome burger is superb, but best ''Fast Food Chain: Eddie Rockets:eek:'' come on that totally invalidates anything that article has to say:pac:

It was voted for by the public to be fair. Plus is Eddie Rockets not better than Supermacs, McDonalds, Burgerking, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

In the few weeks I have been back I have tried Chilli Shack and Handsome Burger. Handomse Burger is very good. The sauce they use on the burgers is great. It seems like it's steak mince used which is very nice. Price is a bit steep for a meal. It's also very very greasy.

Chilli Shack is less greasy. It's not a hundred miles off in terms of taste but maybe isn't quite as good but was cheaper. The chips are far nicer at Chilli Shack.

I think if I was to go to Handsome Burger again it would just be for the burger by itself.

Which one should I try next? Wholly Cow?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Which one should I try next? Wholly Cow?

Burgerstory ftw ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Stone wrote: »
    Burgerstory ftw ;):D

Bring some salt with you to season the meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

whats BóTOWN like folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

whats BóTOWN like folks?

I LOVE their chicken burger.... Chips are much nicer than handsome if you ask me. And prefer their beef burger too. And they give you a small cup of sweets when your done...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I loved the burgers of Chili Shack and The Quay Street Kitchen. Came into my knowledge during my visit to Galway City last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

whats BóTOWN like folks?

Slightly biased opinion (full disclosure) I know one of the owners.

Have brought the kids (twins aged 3) and gone on our own, both times we enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the staff were incredibly good to us (they didn’t know we know one of the owners) ....we live in meath but specifically went to pop in because we were in the west...we do find it a bit pricey....but apart from that.

Honestly can’t fault the place, food is great....we order far too much every time, because we always want to try something new.

Will be going again later in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GALWAYGUY2019

Stay away from botown delivery unless u wanna wait 2 hours.

id personally go for scottys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Stay away from botown delivery unless u wanna wait 2 hours.

id personally go for scottys.

Burgers by delivery seem like a bad idea in general though.

Advertisement