Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crystal sports centre for sale

• 27-06-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just seen it in daft.ie

Can put a link up about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Dmchlad wrote:
    Just seen it in daft.ie

Has been on the market a couple of weeks now, I wonder why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I had a swim there recently. I dont know what they are putting in the water but it didnt feel nice when i got out. Strange feeling all over the skin. Then had to have a shower in the dark. No working lights. No way i would go back in there again and if it is closing or up for sale im not surprised as i doubt it ever got he money and attention it badly needs.

Spent a large proportion of my childhood and teens in the place, it's unfortunate it hasn't been updated or cared for in recent years, but pools are damn expensive to run

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Spent a large proportion of my childhood and teens in the place, it's unfortunate it hasn't been updated or cared for in recent years, but pools are damn expensive to run

I did myself. Had some good fun up there. As you say it hasnt been changed at all in a very long time. Id say those places are money pits.

alta stare wrote:
    I did myself. Had some good fun up there. As you say it hasnt been changed at all in a very long time. Id say those places are money pits.

Up to a few years ago, average gas bills were 7/8k a month, up to 9k during an extremely cold month. You d have to have a lot of people passing through the place to keep up with that

• Advertisement

Up to a few years ago, average gas bills were 7/8k a month, up to 9k during an extremely cold month. You d have to have a lot of people passing through the place to keep up with that

Absolutely. It takes a brave person to take on a place like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Bring back the Pitch & Putt club. It used to be one of the nicest around and the city could do with one. The RSC is not fit for purpose.

gscully wrote: »
    Bring back the Pitch & Putt club. It used to be one of the nicest around and the city could do with one. The RSC is not fit for purpose.

i believe all that land is gone now, no longer a part of the centre. did hear good things about the pitch and putt though

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

gscully wrote: »

I think the RSC is a great little pitch and putt course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

No wonder center parks will be charging what they charge up in Longford then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I always liked the pool temperature. Also, I loved the deep end. Hard to get those deep ends any more and many pools are shorter too.

Advertisement