Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

It made me give up and not bother once I knew I was going to die.

What could be interesting is a combination. Have a public vote for half the time and then the top 2 or 3 in the voting at half way point are up for death and then it would help the game focus but the voting for those 2/3 would be private so could also help the wolves play their own games.

Then maybe either have the end votes not revealed or only to a villager with a power but they wouldn’t be able to directly share.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What could be interesting is a combination. Have a public vote for half the time and then the top 2 or 3 in the voting at half way point are up for death and then it would help the game focus but the voting for those 2/3 would be private so could also help the wolves play their own games.

Then maybe either have the end votes not revealed or only to a villager with a power but they wouldn’t be able to directly share.

Tbh, that was more down to lazy villaging than anything. That last day could have essentially been played out in 5 mins there was that little assessment taking place the final day.

Not really anyone's fault but I think your own point that the personalities on the village side at endgame were too similar was a large part of the issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necro wrote: »
    Tbh, that was more down to lazy villaging than anything. That last day could have essentially been played out in 5 mins there was that little assessment taking place the final day.

Not really anyone's fault but I think your own point that the personalities on the village side at endgame were too similar was a large part of the issue.

Having all 4 wolves left making up a vocal enough part of that village couldn't have helped too. Don't think there was a low lying wolf in that game, normally there is at least 1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Having all 4 wolves left making up a vocal enough part of that village couldn't have helped too. Don't think there was a low lying wolf in that game, normally there is at least 1

Nah, ye made sure to lynch all the lower posters :pac:

On the on-thread voting. I think it works better when it's not seperate from the game as the way it was run could make it seem not a part of the game per se.

Though it would be much harder for game mods to integrate both here is the only issue.

Definitely worth a go again at some point though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

quickbeam wrote: »
    Thoughts on on-thread lynch voting?

It took away the excitement of twilight wondering who was going to be lynchee I think. But I think it might have its place in other areas as it's useful to see the progression of votes. You'll also notice the mods didn't actually provide a summary of the votes for players, so thoughts on that too?

I noticed that you didn’t post the results and actually mentioned it on thread. I didn’t have any problem with that but I think if you are doing it like that then the rules shouldn’t say that you are revealing
    The votes will be published at 10pm in the order they were cast, with the player's role revealed upon death.

• Advertisement

Compulsory FFAs!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

kitten_k wrote: »
    I noticed that you didn’t post the results and actually mentioned it on thread. I didn’t have any problem with that but I think if you are doing it like that then the rules shouldn’t say that you are revealing

That's fair. We felt the votes were there for all to see so we weren't going to spoon feed players by providing the information. But indeed, the rules should have reflected that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Leaving the votes off for the village to work or was good I thought. Making us work for our Wagonomics is better as it is so devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Friends Feedback

Guys great game, I said it on the COP but I think the prizes were excellent, I’d really have loved to see someone’s vote changed and to see someone locked out for a couple of hours

Feedback, briefly as won't have time after tomorrow:

Liked the set up, nothing overly complex and easy to read OP.

The twist with the vig using or potentially losing bullets was a great idea.

Prizes from shapeople were simple but effective, well done on that.

Just on the Jailkeeper, that kinda confused me as a jailkeeper usually acts as a second BG blocking role actions and protecting their target, but sure each mod has their own slant on it so not a big deal.

Good smooth game otherwise, sign of a well planned one that :)

I loved the fact that my own character Paolo:

Got two gifts from his ex lover Rachel
    Spent the night locked in a room with Ross, his love rival
    And then got given the keys to Ross's backroom after he got murdered.

That sort of stuff you can't plan for and always seems to happen to me LOL (Being Shawn Michaels and rooming with Bret Hart was another awesome thing)

Doesn't affect the game majorly but very amusing nonetheless:D

Oh and... stop giving me feckin presents people!!!

• Advertisement

Has anyone been killed before first munch before?

I know it’s been discussed before and ultimately it’s up to each mod team but I would have liked spoilers on death. Though to be honest, when I’m a mod I like to keep the mystery of the game secret from the dead too, but as a player I hate it, so no pleasing me really.

I loved that unused bullets could be given to the enemy on death. It puts pressure on a reluctant Vig (not that this game’s Vig hesitated ;)). Definitely something I’d incorporate in to games I’d mod in future.

Prizes were great. First impressions was great. Having a cub is great - I’m not really a fan of out-of-the-blue conversions but having one where the players know from the outset what might happen is cool.

Baring the two modkills, everyone seemed to enjoy it. There was no contention between players. We’ve a good group here and it’s lovely to see. We even manage to hook in a newb every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Has anyone been killed before first munch before?

We started the mario/sonic game with a lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I know it’s been discussed before and ultimately it’s up to each mod team but I would have liked spoilers on death. Though to be honest, when I’m a mod I like to keep the mystery of the game secret from the dead too, but as a player I hate it, so no pleasing me really.

I love the spoiler free room, it's keeps the frustration of playing going while you are dead. I wish there is more chat in the deadroom though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

Green&Red wrote: »
    Guys great game, I said it on the COP but I think the prizes were excellent, I’d really have loved to see someone’s vote changed and to see someone locked out for a couple of hours

The vote change thing was my bad, the lynches this game were a bit painful with a tonne of last minute votes, I felt pressure to get the result up and made a bags of it :( I thought the village was doomed Tuesday night and then the SK destroyed the wolves which wasn't in the script :)

Genuinely had fun modding it, like Eastenders and JP, I had so many Laugh out loud moments. I'm never doing permissions again though in the backrooms!

No slips in this game with people posting from the wrong accounts, always good having a forum mod on the game mod panel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

duffman13 wrote: »
    T

No slips in this game with people posting from the wrong accounts, always good having a forum mod on the game mod panel!

That was great and I think should be carried forward.

Also could you consider secret sign ups - so that we don't know the list of players going into the game?
    It's hard not to meta, I don't know everyone very well and deliberately tried not to guess who people were. But if you take a further element away, would that help the players who know each other well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Clarabel wrote: »
    That was great and I think should be carried forward.

Also could you consider secret sign ups - so that we don't know the list of players going into the game?
    It's hard not to meta, I don't know everyone very well and deliberately tried not to guess who people were. But if you take a further element away, would that help the players who know each other well?

That's a great idea actually. Just PM the mods and give a number on thread of who's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yeah we talked about the secret sign ups before but i dont think it has happened beyond a few people signing up anonymously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Clarabel wrote: »
    I love the spoiler free room, it's keeps the frustration of playing going while you are dead. I wish there is more chat in the deadroom though

Same, once you die it's like your whole world goes caput and then the intenseness of constant chat just disappears. Would be great to get more activity on the deadroom.

Me and You Clara! Let's both die first in batman and show'em how it's done.

I also think the COP and D&D sites are super slow, so maybe that contributes to people not being too arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah I didn't even have a tantrum this game at all! (tantrums at husbands don't count).

I said it in the game thread but I loved the game. Possibly the most fun I've ever had playing a game. Whilst I don't think I made the most of searching for Chandler (probably could've looked a bit harder) I thought it was a good idea to give everyone a character name. It really helped me out in my role claim. In hindsight I completely think I ****ed up with the role reveal. I should've held onto it for another day which might have given me a smaller village pool to try convince. I just didn't think of it at the time and got carried away with my cleverness. Lol. My fault though, not the Mods or the game design at all.

I always think the SK has a hard time trying to make it to end game and win but the extra little bits like the possibility of getting Chandlers bullets and the role claim bullet were nice little things to help the SK out. I'm sure someone else would've made better use of them.

You did a great job imo Moll!

• Advertisement

I'm never doing permissions again though in the backrooms!

You and me both! At least your didn't lock absolutely everyone out of COP after a game! We had to get the site admin back to re-mod one of us. I'll never get over the shame.

I actually didn't like being locked out at all from the WW forum. It was maybe mentioned in the OP but I didn't notice that and then couldn't get in on my own account to search for potential roles I could claim for my reveal. I think everyone should be given the choice but if I don't specifically request it I don't think it should be forced upon me.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't even have a tantrum this game at all! (tantrums at husbands don't count).

I said it in the game thread but I loved the game. Possibly the most fun I've ever had playing a game. Whilst I don't think I made the most of searching for Chandler (probably could've looked a bit harder) I thought it was a good idea to give everyone a character name. It really helped me out in my role claim. In hindsight I completely think I ****ed up with the role reveal. I should've held onto it for another day which might have given me a smaller village pool to try convince. I just didn't think of it at the time and got carried away with my cleverness. Lol. My fault though, not the Mods or the game design at all.

I always think the SK has a hard time trying to make it to end game and win but the extra little bits like the possibility of getting Chandlers bullets and the role claim bullet were nice little things to help the SK out. I'm sure someone else would've made better use of them.

You did a super Job Molly. Were really unlucky in the end with the random jump onto Holly. If you'd have stayed on Des I think you could have brought it home! Really GG

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    You and me both! At least your didn't lock absolutely everyone out of COP after a game! We had to get the site admin back to re-mod one of us. I'll never get over the shame.

I actually didn't like being locked out at all from the WW forum. It was maybe mentioned in the OP but I didn't notice that and then couldn't get in on my own account to search for potential roles I could claim for my reveal. I think everyone should be given the choice but if I don't specifically request it I don't think it should be forced upon me.

I definitely need it. Sure as soon as the game was over I posted in three different wrong accounts within the space of 10 minutes :pac:

tusk wrote: »
    You did a super Job Molly. Were really unlucky in the end with the random jump onto Holly. If you'd have stayed on Des I think you could have brought it home! Really GG

Yeah I think that was my downfall. Raging with myself. But I think had I made it through another munch without dying I would've been lynched last anyway so I don't think I had a chance to win.

The term 'policy lynch' is now etched in my frontal lobe and shall never be forgotten. Thanks for the lesson dudes

As an experiment to stop slips, locking people out worked, imo.

I agree that people who wouldn't usually slip not having access to WW threads is a drawback.

I think its a game mod decision - some people might want the access enough to forgive slips; some people might hate slips enough to forgive a lack of ww access......

If there was a way i could bar myself from slipping, id do it - so i guess i fall on the side that wants slips gone. I think it helps protect the anonymity more and helps with immersion too.

Still laughing at poor Eddie Cahill, just a poor jobbing actor, getting lumbered with a wolf role :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

tusk wrote: »

No way! I had the others convinced!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

The vote change thing was my bad, the lynches this game were a bit painful with a tonne of last minute votes, I felt pressure to get the result up and made a bags of it :( I thought the village was doomed Tuesday night and then the SK destroyed the wolves which wasn't in the script :)

Genuinely had fun modding it, like Eastenders and JP, I had so many Laugh out loud moments. I'm never doing permissions again though in the backrooms!

Duffman I wholeheartedly apologise for my flippipity flop last minute voting! I’d say it was an absolute nightmare, I didn’t know whether I was coming or going :o

Mods I have nothing but good feedback for this game. It was so enjoyable with so many different elements to it. We were always kept guessing. The gifts were a very nice touch, the chaos they caused was undeniable.

This game destroyed my soul when I died but that to me that is always a sign of a great game! If you don’t leave scarred for life then what’s the point? :P

I loved how well the Anon accounts worked this time. Tusk most definitely would have streaked at some point and I would have cleared him due to meta. Finding out me and him butt heads and SK was playing a wolf blew my mind. So much fun finding out who everyone was afterward.

Really well done mods and thanks everyone for a great game. Good mix of people and personalities in the best way so there was never a dull moment :)

• Advertisement

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Duffman I wholeheartedly apologise for my flippipity flop last minute voting! I’d say it was an absolute nightmare, I didn’t know whether I was coming or going :o

Mods I have nothing but good feedback for this game. It was so enjoyable with so many different elements to it. We were always kept guessing. The gifts were a very nice touch, the chaos they caused was undeniable.

This game destroyed my soul when I died but that to me that is always a sign of a great game! If you don’t leave scarred for life then what’s the point? :P

I loved how well the Anon accounts worked this time. Tusk most definitely would have streaked at some point and I would have cleared him due to meta. Finding out me and him butt heads and SK was playing a wolf blew my mind. So much fun finding out who everyone was afterward.

Really well done mods and thanks everyone for a great game. Good mix of people and personalities in the best way so there was never a dull moment :)

I'm not sorry for flippity flopping. I am sorry for saying vote phil though hahaha.

Advertisement