Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling my 1991 bmw e34

• 24-06-2019 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

I have owned my car the last 14 years and I’ve decided to sell

It psssed nct last month (first time ) and is my daily

520i petrol
    Body work is excellent zero rust
    Interior too, full leather
    157k (I only drive weekends)

The negatives

Air flow meter is faulty and car revs slightly when idle - has been like this for years but passes nct regardless

Small rip driver side seat (common)

How do I determine a price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

That wasn’t a plug , I’m buying a new car and garage wants to trade it in

We don’t know the price and I’m thinking I could get more anyway selling privatey

But what’s a reasonable price?

Uk have several 520i around 3.5k stg

That would be dreaming in Ireland but letting it go for a couple of hundred wouldn’t be right either

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If you are buying new, shop around for a dealer/marque offering a scrappage discount?
    Best way to maximise your return on letting it go IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

banie01 wrote: »
    If you are buying new, shop around for a dealer/marque offering a scrappage discount?
    Best way to maximise your return on letting it go IMO.

Yeah , might just scrap it and save time selling it privately as don’t really have the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

This should never be condoned in a classic car forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Stick up some photos in the for sale thread and a reasonable figure you would let ig go for and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

I just sold my 95 BMW e34 520i for 2000 euro.
    It had a years NCT and was in great condition..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

kev1.3s wrote: »
    This should never be condoned in a classic car forum.

Indeed, especially as it's an E34, an absolutely fantastic car, glorious sounding straight six in them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

If its in good nick with decent paint id say stick it up for 2-3k. Not many left, would be a shame to scrap it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gtv2002g

it has to be worth minimum of 1500 and possibly up to 2500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭kdevitt

A friend had a 91 calypso red 520i with beige leather for sale recently - was pretty tidy, ran fine but needed some paint - he couldn't get €1500 for it, but it did eventually sell to some young lad who wanted to put air-ride in it and tow it to car shows. Unless its a 525i or above, I'm not sure there's much demand for them otherwise though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

kdevitt wrote: »
    A friend had a 91 calypso red 520i with beige leather for sale recently - was pretty tidy, ran fine but needed some paint - he couldn't get €1500 for it, but it did eventually sell to some young lad who wanted to put air-ride in it and tow it to car shows. Unless its a 525i or above, I'm not sure there's much demand for them otherwise though.

This. Most lads only want a 520i e34 to engine swap it but to them they're not worth what a 525i or up is. Usually just want the shell so don't care about the engine so only value it based on a shell

Advertisement