Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DAB Radio in the city

• 24-06-2019 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Just bought a car DAB radio and its saying theres no stations which is odd.

Can anyone tell me what stations i should get and what frequency they are on?

Probably not installed properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I could be wrong but i dont think there are any stations available in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Just bought a car DAB radio and its saying theres no stations which is odd.

Can anyone tell me what stations i should get and what frequency they are on?

Probably not installed properly.

As above. There is no DAB in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

DAB (Dead and Buried) will never reach Waterford, or indeed anywhere it doesn't already exist. It's the betamax of radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Great...

Surely you'd check before buying something like that? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

DAB stopped about 7 years ago.

I used to listen to it all the time in Waterford.

It's just a useless button on my stereo now!

Pretty sure DAB is now only broadcast in Dublin Limerick and Cork. They gave up on it a couple of years ago in trailing it in other places.

DAB stopped about 7 years ago.

I used to listen to it all the time in Waterford.

It's just a useless button on my stereo now!

That was a trail relay by Total Broadcast Solutions with a view to a licence but nothing came of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Massive in the UK, about 50% of radio accessed is thru digital. They will probably switch over completly in the future and do away with AM/FM

Massive in the UK, about 50% of radio accessed is thru digital. They will probably switch over completly in the future and do away with AM/FM

Then we will follow suit 15 years later. :D

There is hardly any appetite here to change over so i doubt we will see any moment for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Doubt it, seems we are backing a different horse - internet radio probably be more of a thing here what with running fibre to the door of every shanty in the land regardless of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

The previous DAB thread, featuring the man from Total Broadcast Consultants is here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057776519 see page 5.

Advertisement