Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annabelle Comes Home [The Conjuring universe]

• 22-06-2019 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Annabelle Comes Home - 10th of July 2019

The Conjuring 3 is out next year (2020), but the third film from the Annabelle franchise (which takes place in the same universe as The Conjuring films) is called "Annabelle Comes Home" and is being released on the 10th of July in Ireland.

(The release date was changed at the last minute a few weeks ago from 26th of June.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't think it changed at the last minute. I think it changed at the end of May (I know because I maintain a movie release calendar).

With Childs Play, Bright Burn and Toy Story 4 out this week, Annabelle would have struggled. TS4 is on 3 screens in my local 8 screen cinema.

There are no tentpole releases on the week of July 10th (Stuber, The Dead Don't Die and The Intruder) so it has a better chance of doing well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't think it changed at the last minute. I think it changed at the end of May (I know because I maintain a movie release calendar).

With Childs Play, Bright Burn and Toy Story 4 out this week, Annabelle would have struggled. TS4 is on 3 screens in my local 8 screen cinema.

There are no tentpole releases on the week of July 10th (Stuber, The Dead Don't Die and The Intruder) so it has a better chance of doing well

Sorry yeah you're correct. It was changed on the 30th of May.

-16th of May: Warner Bros Horror UK on Facebook uploaded a new cover photo stating the film is out on the 28th of June.
    -28th of May: they then replaced this with a new one stating June 26th instead.
    -30th of May: they uploaded yet another new replacement, this time stating July 10th.

https://www.facebook.com/WarnerBrosHorrorUK/albums/2320463514662076/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm going to see it on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wednesday fortnight, branie2. It's not out here this week as far as I know.

If you're in the States, enjoy!

Sorry, I didn't really read the thread :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I went to see this today.

I'd give it 6/10.

For context, here's how I rate all of them.

The Conjuring 2 ... 9/10
    The Conjuring ... 8/10
    Annabelle Creation (i.e. Annabelle 2) ... 6.5/10
    Annabelle Comes Home (i.e. Annabelle 3) ... 6/10
    The Nun ... 4/10
    Annabelle ... 2/10

Since I find the Insidious film series to be quite similar to the Conjuring series, here's what I rate those...

Insidious ... 9/10
    Insidious 3 ... 7/10
    Insidious 2 ... 6.5/10

Anyone else watch it yet?

I'm seeing it tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I found it very meh, it was mostly just another testing ground for another spin off movie series with all the different demons/spirits, also;
    zero deaths/maimings.
    Kinda takes away from the whole horror of it all.

I thought it was very good, and it was great that the film was dedicated to the real Lorraine Warren.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

DareGod wrote: »
    I went to see this today.

I'd give it 6/10.

For context, here's how I rate all of them.

The Conjuring 2 ... 9/10
    The Conjuring ... 8/10
    Annabelle Creation (i.e. Annabelle 2) ... 6.5/10
    Annabelle Comes Home (i.e. Annabelle 3) ... 6/10
    The Nun ... 4/10
    Annabelle ... 2/10

Since I find the Insidious film series to be quite similar to the Conjuring series, here's what I rate those...

Insidious ... 9/10
    Insidious 3 ... 7/10
    Insidious 2 ... 6.5/10

Anyone else watch it yet?
    Those scores are pretty spot on, it's a lot better than Annabelle but not quite as good as Annabelle creation.
    It's a solid little film, I thought the acting was pretty good (young cast were better than I would have thought) and a few decent little scares.
    I would however maybe give the conjuring - 9 and the conjuring 2 - 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

A predictable fun way to expand on The Conjuring Universe with all sorts of ghosts and spooks... Annabelle, the Spin Off Creator :pac:

Jump scare central!

Advertisement