Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much have you invested in Crypto?

Options
  • 21-06-2019 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Just an indication of how much belief investors have in crypto and their capital financial commitment to it. So how much of your own money have you invested into crypto? Poll above, don't need to specify exact amount.

Not really interested in what the portfolio is worth now, just what you have invested. Results anonymous.

How much of your own money have you invested in cryptocurrency? 83 votes

<€1k
    67% 56 votes
    €1k to €5k
    16% 14 votes
    €5k to €10k
    8% 7 votes
    €10k to €50k
    2% 2 votes
    €50k +
    4% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Can mods amend poll please. The broken characters above are €signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'm surprised 10 people have answered this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Might have been good to include 0

We'll presume the thousands who haven't voted are nocoiners, have no fear.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    We'll presume the thousands who haven't voted are nocoiners, have no fear.

And the ones (like me) with 0 that voted for < 1k?

And the ones (like me) with 0 that voted for < 1k?

Dunno why you'd bother voting, it's like you've turned up for a 'Tastiest Burger' competition and then when it comes to voting you whine about the lack of vegetarian options.

grindle wrote: »
    Dunno why you'd bother voting, it's like you've turned up for a 'Tastiest Burger' competition and then when it comes to voting you whine about the lack of vegetarian options.

It isn’t a competition so that comparison makes no sense.

It isn’t a competition so that comparison makes no sense.

I'm guessing here - this may be a wild notion altogether and Frozen Veg can correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think Frozen Veg gives the slightest twinkle of a toss about how much money nocoiners implicitly haven't spent on crypto. :eek:

It's very clearly meant to be a strawpoll of crypto-owner expenditure. The question even presumes a value has been spent as nobody is ever proactively making an effort to spend €0 in order to purchase zero of anything.
    Yet here you are. Magically spending €0 in order to receive no crypto. Well done.

Repeat the poll with your option added in AH if you want to see what that poll would look like with the requisite "I don't give a toss, I own none" option, it'd make a little more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

• Advertisement

boardie100 wrote: »
    Whats cryptocurrency

Short version.

Long Version:

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Interesting breakdown.

It will be interesting to run this again in a couple of years. I suspect we will see an explosion in the number that have invested and the amounts.

For those with the tin foil hats, the FBI are not monitoring your responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

I hope the guys that invested in excess of 20k are all high net worth individuals and it’s as part of a balanced portfolio lol.

An old relative of mine always had a saying “money follows money”. As I get older I can see this nearly every day

Advertisement