Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dribble bar

• 27-05-2019 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Did anyone price a new dribblebar for the slurry tank lately. Can you get 40 percent grant on just the dribble bar or do you need to buy a new tank with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Fairly sure u can get the grant just for the unit without the tank

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

I heard of someone paying 10k+ for just the attachment alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oneten

Priced a few dealers all coming in a little over 10k plus vat for bar only

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dmakc

What is the minimum tanker size you'd need? 1300 too small?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

oneten wrote: »
    Priced a few dealers all coming in a little over 10k plus vat for bar only

Is a lot of the cost of these dribble bars the maserator? Can they be made with out a maserator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭alps

Is a lot of the cost of these dribble bars the maserator? Can they be made with out a maserator

Yes..

Tramspread, a company in Suffolk make them..saw a price around the 4000 euro mark, but may be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Will the dribble bar survive? Or will it go the way the raingun has and splashplate undoubtedly will?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

PoorFarmer wrote: »
    Will the dribble bar survive? Or will it go the way the raingun has and splashplate undoubtedly will?

I think we'll be allowed the dribble bar for at least the next 8 to 10 years. There isnt much emission difference between it and the trailing shoe. Altho I'm a big fan of the trailing shoe.

But the splashplate days are numbered. The moscha will probably be gone to in the next 2 to 3 years with it.

Saying that, there's a few farmers in the area with upwards facing splashplate still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

I think we'll be allowed the dribble bar for at least the next 8 to 10 years. There isnt much emission difference between it and the trailing shoe. Altho I'm a big fan of the trailing shoe.

But the splashplate days are numbered. The moscha will probably be gone to in the next 2 to 3 years with it.

Saying that, there's a few farmers in the area with upwards facing splashplate still.
    Moscha is LESS in Germany so the Irish agent says.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Surely if slurry is well agitated a straight dribble bar should be fine.

For small farms it is a massive cost.

Can’t deny if it’s absolutely closed on the splash plate a fella would be considering making something to pass.

€4K seems an awful lot for a bit of pipewoek. Is it stainless ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,850 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

alps wrote: »
    Yes..

Tramspread, a company in Suffolk make them..saw a price around the 4000 euro mark, but may be wrong

Wouldn't chance that for anything more than spreading water

I'd say your heart would be broken unblocking it with slurry between stray clumps of straw or silage

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Mushy06

What kind of hp would you want 2000G tanker with dribble bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,850 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Mushy06 wrote: »

I'd say that really depends on your ground.

Doesn't take much to run the actual vacuum pump. So you you need a big enough yoke to handle the weight behind you really

Although my reference is splash plate. I assume there is not much more to pushing it through a dribble bar.

If you have one of those injection jobs, then you are going up a lot for sure though. I hear they can be difficult to pull

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

Mushy06 wrote: »

Running one here on 100 hp , wouldn’t like any less tbh cos your not spreading as wide so have drive a bit faster

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Mushy06

thanks for reply lads

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Just looking at tankprices
    Ordinary tank is 18k
    Same make with trailing shoe 36k
    I know the tyres can be speced different but it still feels like they are profiting on the grant.interesting to see the price when the grant goes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,343 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

K.G. wrote: »
    Ordinary tank is 18k
    I know the tyres can be speced different but it still feels like they are profiting on the grant.interesting to see the price when the grant goes
    Welcome to the world of machinery

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭1373

Reggie. wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of machinery

The world of grants

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭stanflt

K.G. wrote: »
    Ordinary tank is 18k

You didn’t price a belmac then- cheap and nothing wrong with them

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

stanflt wrote: »
    You didn’t price a belmac then- cheap and nothing wrong with them

Have they improved the paint on their machines? Nothing worse than looking at a 2 or 3 year old machine with poor paint on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭stanflt

mengele wrote: »
    Have they improved the paint on their machines? Nothing worse than looking at a 2 or 3 year old machine with poor paint on it.

It’s not something that bothers me tbh- I much prefer a machine to work when you want it to and do the job it’s supposed to than how it looks

I've a belmac 2500 here and to be honest if the machine is working there wont be much of the paintwork to be seen anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Have to agree with you on this.
    I think it's a area on which many machinery manufacturers let themselves down.
    the exception being some of the foreign grass machinery manufacturers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Got ours galvanised.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

When is the last possible date to apply for the grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭hopeso

Someone told me that dribble bars are banned in Holland now, and secondhand ones can be bought there easy enough. Has anyone else heard this?

hopeso wrote: »
    Someone told me that dribble bars are banned in Holland now, and secondhand ones can be bought there easy enough. Has anyone else heard this?

How do they get the slurry out

How do they get the slurry out

I don't know...trailing shoe maybe?
    It was just something I was told...I don't know how accurate it is.....

hopeso wrote: »
    I don't know...trailing shoe maybe?
    It was just something I was told...I don't know how accurate it is.....

Ah find it hard to believe. I see very little between trailing shoe and dribble bar even tho the experts will tell ya the shoe is miles ahead. I just dont see it

• Advertisement

Ah find it hard to believe. I see very little between trailing shoe and dribble bar even tho the experts will tell ya the shoe is miles ahead. I just dont see it

You could be right...I suppose it's unlikely that Holland, or any other country would impose stricter rules than the rest of the E.U. upon themselves

Advertisement