Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yew Grove REIT

Options
  • 17-06-2019 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Last Friday yew grove reit announced that they were issuing new shares in batches over a 3 year period but this confuses me because they are a listed entity so I thought I could just buy shares at any time from a broker, what am I missing here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Last Friday yew grove reit announced that they were issuing new shares in batches over a 3 year period but this confuses me because they are a listed entity so I thought I could just buy shares at any time from a broker, what am I missing here?

Yep, they are a listed company soo you can buy shares at any time ...as long as a seller is prepared to sell at the price you offer.

They are issuing 100 million new shares in the company which dilutes the value of existing shares. (75 million).

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Yep, they are a listed company soo you can buy shares at any time ...as long as a seller is prepared to sell at the price you offer.

They are issuing 100 million new shares in the company which dilutes the value of existing shares. (75 million).

Ah, thanks for the info, so say for example all the current shares were sold and nobody wanted to sell any shares in the company (which I’m sure would be unusual) the broker would have to put my order on hold until someone was looking to sell?
    And in relation to the new share issue, presumably now would be a bad time to purchase shares in the company as the price will drop until all shares have been issued?

Ah, thanks for the info, so say for example all the current shares were sold and nobody wanted to sell any shares in the company (which I’m sure would be unusual) the broker would have to put my order on hold until someone was looking to sell?
    And in relation to the new share issue, presumably now would be a bad time to purchase shares in the company as the price will drop until all shares have been issued?

Correct and correct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

So is there anything for current investors? Will they receive free shares as in the current shares will be split? Or will they lose out?

Wheety wrote: »
    So is there anything for current investors? Will they receive free shares as in the current shares will be split? Or will they lose out?

No mention. But the market seems to like the company's plans, SP up 2-3% since it was announced.

Not a holder, but would be if it fell back to around 80c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

bcklschaps wrote: »
    No mention. But the market seems to like the company's plans, SP up 2-3% since it was announced.

Not a holder, but would be if it fell back to around 80c.

Plus there is a nice % of management ownership which I believe is good for long term success

Advertisement