Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready or Not

• 18-06-2019 9:44am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This looks like it might be a fun horror-comedy that's properly both those things; the trailer made me giggle a couple of times & the premise looks tightly wound. Does give off some strong "Get Out" vibes...

Also, despite how it looks, that's not Margot Robbie but another blonde Australian actor; took me a moment to be sure. There's clearly a factory somewhere in Melbourne (twinned with the English equivalent that churns out Knightley, Ridley, James et al)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

pixelburp wrote: »
    This looks like it might be a fun horror-comedy that's properly both those things; the trailer made me giggle a couple of times & the premise looks tightly wound. Does give off some strong "Get Out" vibes...

Also, despite how it looks, that's not Margot Robbie but another blonde Australian actor; took me a moment to be sure. There's clearly a factory somewhere in Melbourne (twinned with the English equivalent that churns out Knightley, Ridley, James et al)

Yeah that’s Samara Weaving, Hugo Weavings niece . She is also going to be in the new Bill and Ted movie as Bills daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Yeah that’s Samara Weaving, Hugo Weavings niece . She is also going to be in the new Bill and Ted movie as Bills daughter
    She's pretty good in The Babysitter, which is a netflix horror movie directed by McG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

mikhail wrote: »
    She's pretty good in The Babysitter, which is a netflix horror movie directed by McG.

Yeah that's a great movie. Like most Australian actresses she started off in Home and Away. She was also in an episode or two of Ash vs The Evil Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

Unless her uncle intervenes I think she'll follow the path of fellow Aussie hottie Isabel Lucas. Get a few interesting parts, be on the cusp of stardom then not much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Saw it today it's a lot of fun, some echos of other films like cabin in the woods, I thought the lead was excellent as well as was the premise, it goes a tad off the rails before the end...but I was never bored 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Saw it last week, perfectly entertainable, a bit bizarre but held my interest til the end. A solid 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Another Home and Away alumni also Three Billboards ........

I didn't know she was Hugo's niece

Yes thought a funny darker take on Get Out

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I caught this last night and it was enjoyable fun, anchored in a good performance from Samara Weaving. I was pleasantly surprised at the black humour e.g.
    the repeated casual disinterest when one of the staff is killed, or the glorious splatter effects when Mr Le Bail finally collects his due

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

gmisk wrote: »
    Saw it today it's a lot of fun, some echos of other films like cabin in the woods, I thought the lead was excellent as well as was the premise, it goes a tad off the rails before the end...but I was never bored 7/10
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes thought a funny darker take on Get Out

And also Rosemary's Baby, as well as Angel Heart- particularly, which I suspected- but only figured out literally 2 mins before the ending -
    Le Bail is an anagram of Belial, the semitic God that became associated with the devil

• Advertisement
Advertisement