Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GSG Firearms and the like.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Surely not the 9mm here though? Unless you're in the Defence Forces?

....and why not?, they date back to 1993 and if I'm correct the current ban on centre fire pistols came in around 2009 (clarification please), so there should / could be a few knocking around with the other various centre fire pistols of multiple calibres out there.

Yep, I'm one of the lucky ones who gets one free :D....
    ..... they soon lose thier novelty when you have one stuck to your hip for 24 hours. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BigCIllAodain

....and why not?, they date back to 1993 and if I'm correct the current ban on centre fire pistols came in around 2009 (clarification please), so there should / could be a few knocking around with the other various centre fire pistols of multiple calibres out there.

Yep, I'm one of the lucky ones who gets one free :D....
    ..... they soon lose thier novelty when you have one stuck to your hip for 24 hours. :(

My good god, please oh please can i someday shoot that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Oh my lord please tell me you can get a USP converted here :eek:

Unless you had BOTH a 9mm and the .22 conversion kit liscensed Pre Nov 2008,[did a bit of checking on this today post my other post on this thread].Its not going to happen...Sorry:(. It would be a unicorn if there is one of this type of lic already out there,and for a HK,you would be looking for a crosseyed,piebald unicorn.:(:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Unless you had BOTH a 9mm and the .22 conversion kit liscensed Pre Nov 2008,[did a bit of checking on this today post my other post on this thread].Its not going to happen...Sorry:(. It would be a unicorn if there is one of this type of lic already out there,and for a HK,you would be looking for a crosseyed,piebald unicorn.:(:(

Dreams shattered :( Guess my only hope is to join the Defence Forces ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Dreams shattered :( Guess my only hope is to join the Defence Forces ;)

Joining the PDF just so that you could shoot something seems like a pretty dumb reason to me. But, hey, go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

tac foley wrote: »
    Joining the PDF just so that you could shoot something seems like a pretty dumb reason to me. But, hey, go for it.

I stand to be corrected but I hear from some of my army buds that they are only required to go to the range twice a year.

I suppose it depends on which area of the army that they are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Twice would be pushing it for most. Even the selection of firearms would be severely limited and based on your routine occupation.

Going to the range is a 'load of boll#cks' to put it mildly in most guys mindset. As I said HK's, Styers and GPMGs may look the dogs but you'll soon tire of them when you have to carry them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Twice would be pushing it for most. Even the selection of firearms would be severely limited and based on your routine occupation.

Going to the range is a 'load of boll#cks' to put it mildly in most guys mindset. As I said HK's, Styers and GPMGs may look the dogs but you'll soon tire of them when you have to carry them.

Yeah, I found the attitude strange. I spend a fortune to go to the range and I go as often as I can spare the time and the army guys I know give out about having to go to the range twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

When I was in the Army I was very lucky - I had the use of the range whenever I could cajole somebody else to come with me, AND unlimited amounts of ammunition, whenever I felt like it. Wednesday afternoons were real fun days - I used to take a few of the staff and students along and we used to shoot my stuff till the barrels glowed. As I had a lot of different 9mm pistols, and 27,000 rounds of my own unit issue ammunition to get rid of, it was no hardship.

Being a minor unit all by myself had some real advantages, obviously. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

What soilder anywhere or anytime in any phase of history,or from any country has not bitched&moaned about humping gear and his rifle about the place??:D:D It's as a common complaint since the cavemen got themselves organised and will be when we are Starship troopers. All part of the deal when you sign on the line in the recruitement office.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

tac foley wrote: »

Trust me I have plenty of other personal reasons some may be classified as "cringy" ;)

Advertisement