Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Could the national CC emergency fast-track the Metro etc?

• 17-06-2019 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

You'd imagine that there's a far better green-case for this to be done now in full given that we have an "emergency"?

Or is it as simple as 5c more on fuel year on year from our genius overlords?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You'd imagine that there's a far better green-case for this to be done now in full given that we have an "emergency"?

Or is it as simple as 5c more on fuel year on year from our genius overlords?

I'd doubt it, to be honest, everything still had to be pushed by the government, and I don't think that they'll do much unfortunately.

That said, I could see someone testing it out in court, a climate emergency that's been declared by every major party would probably give weight to a lot of environmental arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Kellyconor1982

I think that with all of the criticism of busconnects and how it could result in trees being cut down, there is a chance it could result in another metro line out to sw dublin being prioritised over it.

Common sense would suggest that transport should be prioritised, but since when did they display common sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think that with all of the criticism of busconnects and how it could result in trees being cut down, there is a chance it could result in another metro line out to sw dublin being prioritised over it.

Common sense would suggest that transport should be prioritised, but since when did they display common sense.

Not much of a chance. Even if a Metro went into that area, it'd still need BusConnects, like Ballymun getting both.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The Green Party not obstructing the progress of Metro with either populist NIMBYism or pie in the sky crayonism would be a good start

Advertisement