Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Entertain me.

• 14-06-2019 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a visitor to this fine city for the weekend, what's to do besides the usual drink and debauchery?

On the sauce now in the hostel but don't intend to retire till I smack the ass of a new day, so what should I do?

Oh yeah, I will need to eat as well, just sayin'...…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'm a visitor to this fine city for the weekend, what's to do besides the usual drink and debauchery?

On the sauce now in the hostel but don't intend to retire till I smack the ass of a new day, so what should I do?

Oh yeah, I will need to eat as well, just sayin'...…

If the sun stays out grab some street grub and listen to some of the buskers. Tons of music on in pubs too. Carrolls usually has tunes and pizza out the back. Black Gate is nice for something a bit different, not sure what's on there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Baroque's concert on Saturday evening looks lovely:

https://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/108227/galway-baroque-singers-summer-concert

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

That actually sounds the buzz. Currently stuffing myself with wings, beef and o rings washed down with copious amounts of vino. Have also partaken of the local ales and the imported bourbons.

Beautiful piano music in the lounge at the Galmont, overlooking Lough Atalia, sweet out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Barr an chadladh

• Advertisement

Soaked up many a brew there, staggered between there and McSwiggans when shots and pints were going out of fashion in the early 90's. All good memories.

I just witnessed Oranmore light up in the distance with the fading embers of this setting June sun. They say the true nature of God's face can be seen in the rising moon or the setting sun. If that's the case I'm now best friends with a Daiety.

Jaysus

Was good yeah, is good morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Soaked up many a brew there, staggered between there and McSwiggans when shots and pints were going out of fashion in the early 90's. All good memories.

I just witnessed Oranmore light up in the distance with the fading embers of this setting June sun. They say the true nature of God's face can be seen in the rising moon or the setting sun. If that's the case I'm now best friends with a Daiety.

Bacchus I'd say.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    Bacchus I'd say.

Naw, turned out to be a dose of pink eye!

O'Connells in the sunshine, nothing like it, scooping pints and mingling......

Advertisement