Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trading with crypto on forex market

• 11-06-2019 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Do you know good way of forex trading by using cryptocurrencies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Forex and crypto are two separate things;

Forex is foreign exchanges (usd,gbp,eur etc) and crypto (bitcoin, eth, xpr etc)

For crypto; you want to register to an exchange (bitfinex, bitstamp, bittrex etc) and buy via exchange or margin.

Let me know if you need any more info

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Maxiiiiii

Forex and crypto are two separate things;

Forex is foreign exchanges (usd,gbp,eur etc) and crypto (bitcoin, eth, xpr etc)

For crypto; you want to register to an exchange (bitfinex, bitstamp, bittrex etc) and buy via exchange or margin.

Let me know if you need any more info

Thank you for your answer. I already find for trading with cryptopairs on forex market. I registerd account with LiteForex broker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Maxiiiiii wrote: »
    Do you know good way of forex trading by using cryptocurrencies?

You can use WCX (wcex.com) which has most forex pairs, some stocks and all trading is done through BTC.

I've been using it for a few months now with a small amount and am pretty happy with it, the UI is very straightforward.

rickyjb wrote: »
    You can use WCX

Thank you for your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Please be aware that with forex you are betting on the crypto market and do not actually own the coins you "buy". You cannot withdraw coins to a wallet and any gains made can be restricted as per their terms and conditions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

sexmag wrote: »
    Please be aware that with forex you are betting on the crypto market and do not actually own the coins you "buy". You cannot withdraw coins to a wallet and any gains made can be restricted as per their terms and conditions

Yes, it's effectively a derivatives market, you aren't actually buying any stocks or foreign currencies. Just betting on whether their price will go up or down.

It's an interesting model they use, there are no fees per se, just the spread between bid and ask prices. I think the main way they (WCX) get revenue is based on the fact that your position will be liquidated if it drops below 80% of its original value. Anyone careless enough to get liquidated knowing this fact probably deserves it IMO.

I find the site pretty transparent, nothing too sneaky about how the platform is laid out. Besides forex and stocks it's useful if you want to leverage trade the mid tier alt coins against USD pairs as opposed to BTC pairs (e.g. NEO, ADA, TRX etc.) Bitmex only allows you to trade vs BTC for everything except BTC itself and ETH.

sexmag wrote: »

From forex broker we can withdraw in USD or in BTC also

Advertisement