Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* LC 2018 / 19 Off-topic Thread *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Found Geography (HL) and Maths paper 1 (OL) grand.

OL maths was like a dream compared to the pres! Found one or two questions hard and forgot how to do one but other then that a lot better then mocks thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

OL maths was like a dream compared to the pres! Found one or two questions hard and forgot how to do one but other then that a lot better then mocks thank god

Did you have Examcraft or DEB for the mocks?

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Did you have Examcraft or DEB for the mocks?

DEB, was very hard

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

HL Maths Paper 1 was unreal. A simple mean and median was put on. I was absolutely shocked. I’d say the marking scheme will be quite harsh though.

I found the English papers had a lot to do with having to think and deciding on what to write rather than being told what to write. Even just making the decision on what to write about was hard, especially under time constraints. I would have preferred a traditional Macbeth question rather than the open-ended one we were given.

I didn’t find Maths paper 2 (OL) that bad but I forgot a lot of the stuff that did come up like margin of error and the circle so it was more difficult for me than it should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Annag369

Ordinary Level Maths Paper 2 was awful today. I loved Question 1 with the probability, Question 3 with probability aswell and Question 7 with the mean modian etc stuff.

I was shocked when I saw Question 6, The construction question. Every year it has ALWAYS been a triangle but the parallelogram question this year I’d say threw people. It definitely put me off a bit.

Overall though, those were the only three questions I was happy with. Should have dropped to foundation- definitely failed ol maths- gosh I feel so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 47 neil123

Irish was grand overall, listening was hard but everything else was perf :)

Irish wasn't too bad, listening was hard but the essays on paper 1 were alright even if I had to improvise a lot which isn't great. Paper 2 was alright too but the comprehensions took very long I found in comparison to other times so I had to rush all my pros answers! Oh well.

Bio was a mix really, some parts were grand others were very hard. Not sure how I feel, usually one of my best ones too :(

At least tomorrow is a day off though!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 neil123

Irish wasn't too bad, listening was hard but the essays on paper 1 were alright even if I had to improvise a lot which isn't great. Paper 2 was alright too but the comprehensions took very long I found in comparison to other times so I had to rush all my pros answers! Oh well.

Bio was a mix really, some parts were grand others were very hard. Not sure how I feel, usually one of my best ones too :(

At least tomorrow is a day off though!

Oh we found that as well because I nearly spent two hours on the comps and rushed the rest which wasn’t ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thereisacar

Hey, has anyone applied for HEAR or DARE here and gotten any correspondence? I've applied for both and have gotten nothing but I read someone on reddit saying their friend had gotten an offer for HEAR. The website says they'll get back to us by the end of July, but sure has anyone received anything yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Thatlcgirl

Hey, has anyone applied for HEAR or DARE here and gotten any correspondence? I've applied for both and have gotten nothing but I read someone on reddit saying their friend had gotten an offer for HEAR. The website says they'll get back to us by the end of July, but sure has anyone received anything yet?

Haha what a coincidence, I just sent them (CAO) a query about HEAR yesterday and was wondering the same thing too. Maybe it is when you finish your exams (I still have chemistry left to do). Please update us if you get more info.

I have not received anything for my HEAR or DARE applications yet though I mean to defer them as I’ll be doing a PLC next year.

Thatlcgirl wrote: »
    Haha what a coincidence, I just sent them (CAO) a query about HEAR yesterday and was wondering the same thing too. Maybe it is when you finish your exams (I still have chemistry left to do). Please update us if you get more info.

I got the email back from the CAO. They said that I will be notified through email on the 25th of June (about HEAR) and through the My Application facility on their website.:)

I got the email back from the CAO. They said that I will be notified through email on the 25th of June (about HEAR) and through the My Application facility on their website.:)

Thank you so much! Was so stressed lol

1 exam left! Next friday with Economics. Going to take a few days off though before I study for that. Cant wait!

Finally finished my leaving!!!! now a month a relaxation!:):):)

Finally finished today with economics! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,586 ✭✭✭✭An tUasal C

Feels good to be done. :pac:

What do you guys wanna do in college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Loads of exams:pac:
    Too soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,586 ✭✭✭✭An tUasal C

Teaching, you? :)

Teaching, you? :)

Dentistry in trinity, hopefully I get it , it's all a waiting game now:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dentistry in trinity, hopefully I get it , it's all a waiting game now:o
    Just remember this period of painful waiting, half longing for it to be time, half hoping the time never comes ... that's what your patients will feel like in the waiting room when you're qualified! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leimmxvii

Good luck to everyone getting their HPAT results tommorow! :)

So relieved with my hpat result, I actually can't believe it. Was convinced I got less than the 20th percentile lol. Still waiting on DARE & HEAR tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Osakioya

So relieved with my hpat result, I actually can't believe it. Was convinced I got less than the 20th percentile lol. Still waiting on DARE & HEAR tho.
    How did you do? I'm too scared to open mine. I might not open it until offers day

I got the HEAR email, I got in!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leimmxvii

Med applicant here. I'm on 724 points and Galway was 725 points last year. Is there any chance I could get in on second round offers? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

leimmxvii wrote: »
    Med applicant here. I'm on 724 points and Galway was 725 points last year. Is there any chance I could get in on second round offers? :confused:

Best of luck to you if medicine is what you really want. Final cao breakdown for 2019 applications for med is down - 1 so everything crossed for you. My course is down - 1 also so hopefully...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Advertisement