Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway v Kilkenny Parking Ticket

Options
  • 13-06-2019 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Odd thread, but went to Kilkenny game on Sunday in Nolan Park. Arrived at the ground about 5 minutes before throw in and got right up to the round about and found what I thought was a lovely spot behind a car on the footpath.

Arrive home this evening and find a €40 parking ticket in my letterbox..

Anyone else at the game get one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭big_drive

Once you park on a footpath you can get a ticket as supposedly it’s obstructing people using the path getting past. If the wheels are on road you’re fine. Happened me in Thurles couple years ago, even though the way I parked was safer and there was loads of room. Big wide path
    There was approximately 40 others cars done the same day in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

The traffic wardens love GAA matches. They come out of the woodwork on a Sunday to catch lads parking in harmless spots for matches just to get a few quid.
    The scumbag clampers in Dublin are like vultures round a wounded animal whenever there's a big match on.

No problem with them getting lads causing obstructions or blocking drive ways but they just go after everyone they can find. It's like a feeding frenzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

It must have been a guard gave you the ticket because sunday is usually free , did you park near a new estate with a lake in front of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I thought that little bollix from Tipp was no longer stationed in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I got right up to the stadium next to roundabout on the M9 side.

And totally was a guard as I passed him and he said hello as I walked by him with my 2 young sons 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Odd thread, but went to Kilkenny game on Sunday in Nolan Park. Arrived at the ground about 5 minutes before throw in and got right up to the round about and found what I thought was a lovely spot behind a car on the footpath.

Arrive home this evening and find a €40 parking ticket in my letterbox..

Anyone else at the game get one...
    Parked on footpath. What did you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

LFC Murphy wrote:
    And totally was a guard as I passed him and he said hello as I walked by him with my 2 young sons 😀

LFC Murphy wrote:
    I got right up to the stadium next to roundabout on the M9 side.

If you are confident you parked legally then contest it in court, if you didn't park legally then take it like a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

citykat wrote: »
    I thought that little bollix from Tipp was no longer stationed in Kilkenny?

The night he put tickets on all the cars on the Hebron road when the cemmatry mass was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Edgware wrote: »
    Parked on footpath. What did you expect?

On a Sunday afternoon beside Nowlan Park ? Big deal !
    Pity the guards aren’t as vigilant with travellers robbing houses , proper crime !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

LuasSimon wrote: »
    On a Sunday afternoon beside Nowlan Park ? Big deal !
    Pity the guards aren’t as vigilant with travellers robbing houses , proper crime !!
    Oh sorry I didnt know G.A.A. supporters were exempt the law. People in wheelchairs, mothers with prams can **** off and walk on the road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement