Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

NewMom19 wrote: »

Actually, quick question, is everyone given the GTT at the 28 week appointment or is it only certain people? My BMI is higher so i'm assuming i fall into the category of more at risk anyways... Just trying to figure out if i'll have a longer time in the hospital than other appointments.

It is only given people who are in the at risk categories (older, higher BMI, bigger baby, fluid around baby, multiple pregnancy, family history etc.). You will know if they are testing you for it as it is a whole different team and you will be told to fast first. If your BMI was an issue, you would have been told at your booking appointment that you would have to do the GTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NewMom19

It is only given people who are in the at risk categories (older, higher BMI, bigger baby, fluid around baby, multiple pregnancy, family history etc.). You will know if they are testing you for it as it is a whole different team and you will be told to fast first. If your BMI was an issue, you would have been told at your booking appointment that you would have to do the GTT.

Cool, good to know!! Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

jlm29 wrote: »
    When did you have your test? I’d imagine you’d have had a phone call if it was positive. The results are done within a few hours of you finishing the test (I work in the hospital where I had mine, and I was able to pop over that same evening to check).
    We have an out n about double, it’s a lovely light double buggy. Sometimes I wish I’d bought a travel system initially that could convert to a double, it would be handy sometimes to have the option, but the nipper is great for walking: I think I’ll need to buy a really compact single this time, I’m losing boot space with all the children!

I’m nearly 29 weeks. I literally check the calendar daily to see when I might finish at work

Was at the doc' today, got the all clear- thank god. Ya I might stay with the uppababy for the first few months and then get the out and about- we have a lovely 5km walk around rural roads so think this might be ideal for me to pound those pounds off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Justanopinion

Hi all...hope everyone is keeping well. I'm 28 weeks 4 days today and just had a query as a clueless first timer. I'm attending cumh and was wondering does anyone here know if I'll get any future scans at any apts from 32 weeks on? So intrigued to see the little man and its so reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

31 weeks today! I feel the weeks are moving a small bit faster now, but July still feels like ages away!
    Next week I’ll start taking down the baby stuff and washing it, and I’ll start buying a few bits for my bag too. I’m on a search for perfect pjs!

• Advertisement

Justanopinion, I’ve no idea about cumh, a friend of mine actually asked me the same question today!

Next week I’ll start taking down the baby stuff and washing it, and I’ll start buying a few bits for my bag too. I’m on a search for perfect pjs!

I am the same, will start washing in a couple of weeks when the weather is nice and I have somewhere to put the clothes. We still have lots of arranging to do in the house. My job quietens in the summer so I feel like I am just powering on through until the end of May. I have all my pjs so am going to get pads, knickers, Multimam compresses etc. next week and will have a proper think about my bag.

My pelvic floor muscles have gone to sh!t. I have had a few leaks over the last few days when I sneezed or coughed. It took about 6 months to get it back after my son, and now there is just no hope, I feel like I have no control. It's so frustrating.

I am the same, will start washing in a couple of weeks when the weather is nice and I have somewhere to put the clothes. We still have lots of arranging to do in the house. My job quietens in the summer so I feel like I am just powering on through until the end of May. I have all my pjs so am going to get pads, knickers, Multimam compresses etc. next week and will have a proper think about my bag.

My pelvic floor muscles have gone to sh!t. I have had a few leaks over the last few days when I sneezed or coughed. It took about 6 months to get it back after my son, and now there is just no hope, I feel like I have no control. It's so frustrating.

I think I’ll have to finish up at work by the end of may. It’s SUCH a struggle at the moment, between tiredness and pelvic pain. I’m looking forward to having a bit of time to get some things organised, I feel at the moment I haven’t a minute for anything.
    I’ve had a cough for the last few weeks, I’m Tena lady’s best customer at the moment

Glad to hear I am not the only one! I wonder is it because our bodies have already had babies that has the muscles so weak this time around. I had no issues in my last pregnancy. I cried the first time I peed myself after having my son! My job don't pay sick pay (or maternity) so if I can save a few quid in the next few weeks I might try finish up a few weeks early. I have pelvic pain too. Up peeing every hour in the night and constant heartburn. Generally not enjoying life so would love a break!

Glad to hear I am not the only one! I wonder is it because our bodies have already had babies that has the muscles so weak this time around. I had no issues in my last pregnancy. I cried the first time I peed myself after having my son! My job don't pay sick pay (or maternity) so if I can save a few quid in the next few weeks I might try finish up a few weeks early. I have pelvic pain too. Up peeing every hour in the night and constant heartburn. Generally not enjoying life so would love a break!

I’ve had one or two bad chest infections on all of mine (this cough never quite reached that level, I hope there’s not more to come), and definitely for the last two pregnancies, the wee has been an issue, but always settled down again when I was better. I have vowed that after i have this baby I will be super diligent with my pelvic floor exercises!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hi all...hope everyone is keeping well. I'm 28 weeks 4 days today and just had a query as a clueless first timer. I'm attending cumh and was wondering does anyone here know if I'll get any future scans at any apts from 32 weeks on? So intrigued to see the little man and its so reassuring.

Think it depends on whether or not they have a reason to scan you. If you have a low lying placenta, baby is breech, you're measuring big/small they tend to scan. If everything is normal I don't think they do. I'm 34 weeks and attending CUMH and I've had 3 more scans since my 20 weeks scan but I have gestational diabetes so they need to keep an eye on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

How are all the July mams to be doing?

I’m so tired, but otherwise grand! I feel as though time is finally starting to move a bit faster, I need to start getting my bag organised soon, and getting car seat etc washed and ready! How is everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heldog

Hi there, i'm 34+3 today and have been experiencing what i think it lightening crotch for the last few days! anyone else?! it's a stabbing pain down there, feels like the baby has moved down and are probably hitting off something when they move around. Have an appointment with my GP tomorrow so will mention it to her. I never had it on my first pregnancy. Also i did a good bit of walking yesterday and can feel it in my feet today, they feel much tighter in my shoes! Apart from all that i'm good, same as you jlm I need to get the hospital bag organised. i threw a few bits in the direction of a suitcase about a month ago and haven't looked at it since. Also need to clean the baby car seat, my toddler still uses it sometimes so might as well leave that for a few weeks.

Is anyone else planning on using a TENS machine for the early stages of labour? i rented one the last time and didn't really get to use it for very long. works out at around €65 to rent but i'm thinking it's better to have it just in case, i found it a good distraction in the early stages but then the midwife asked me to take it off as they had to monitor the baby's heartbeat closely and they didn't want it interfering.

I had a tens for my first, I used it, but all my labour was to the front so it was no advantage to me. The other two, I didn’t bother with it, but my labours were reasonably quick. I’m hoping for similar this time!
    I bought a big box of fairy non-bio this morning, I’ll wash baby clothes at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Justanopinion

Hope you are doing well.

Baby's doing great he is a complete ninja and so strong with his movements. Me on the other hand have been in such bad pain with spd with the last week. Its rendered me useless but I'm refusing to give up work for now. I have my 32 weeks apt wed I'll be 32 weeks 5 days. Hopefully they will have a suggestion for the pain. I've fractured bones before that weren't this painful.

Now for all others out there I have a TMI question if anyone has experience but anyone else having a surge in discharge

Now for all others out there I have a TMI question if anyone has experience but anyone else having a surge in discharge

I noticed that today (32 weeks). I lost a lot of my plug at 27 weeks on my last baby and today's 'deposit' was a bit like that. Felt a lot of pressure this morning and didn't get a wink of sleep last night. I am peeing about 8 times a night. My kiddo is the same as yours, really strong uncomfortable movements. She was breech but moved which I am delighted about but I still feel so much weight and pressure under my boobs. I thought that would lessen once she turned head down. I am generally very tired and have no motivation to pack my hospital bags, which is concerning!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heldog

I am 36+3 today and i've noticed a surge in discharge the last few days too. This morning i think it was tinged with a tiny bit of blood. Could that be the plug loveinapril? Some of the movements are quite painful too. I am also wrecked from no sleep, have a headcold and a hospital bag that is half packed. So not ready for labour!!

heldog wrote: »
    I am 36+3 today and i've noticed a surge in discharge the last few days too. This morning i think it was tinged with a tiny bit of blood. Could that be the plug loveinapril? Some of the movements are quite painful too. I am also wrecked from no sleep, have a headcold and a hospital bag that is half packed. So not ready for labour!!

Maybe ring the hospital. When my plug came, it was a very thick snot like substance, much thicker than regular discharge in that it was a very noticable blob. The hospital weren't concerned as I didn't have pains and there was no blood, but you have both so it would be no harm checking in.

36 weeks here too. Fluid measuring high around baby at last scan so had diabetes test that came back clear. Finding it hard to get comfortable at night too. Not prepared for hospital either must top up my bag with last few bits. Anyone got any good hospital lists?

• Advertisement

Have my main bag and my labour ward bag packed and ready to go. I’m really counting down now, I’ll probably finish up work this week, I can’t keep going for much longer, I’m just too wrecked and my pelvis feels like it might snap in two at any moment!
    I’ve a list of jobs to do as long as my arm over the next few weeks, and I plan on watching a lot of tv and having a lot of naps too!
    Hope everyone is getting on well!

Have my main bag and my labour ward bag packed and ready to go. I’m really counting down now, I’ll probably finish up work this week, I can’t keep going for much longer, I’m just too wrecked and my pelvis feels like it might snap in two at any moment!
    I’ve a list of jobs to do as long as my arm over the next few weeks, and I plan on watching a lot of tv and having a lot of naps too!
    Hope everyone is getting on well!

I’ve a doctors appointment today and going to ask go get signed off work any time I moved in the bed last night the muscles below my bump had shooting pains 😓 not sure if baby is moving down or it’s just another thing I can’t remember from my first pregnancy 😂 we are moving house either this weekend or next and I’m thinking that work on top of everything isn’t helping. I’m hoping my
    doctor agrees

any time I moved in the bed last night the muscles below my bump had shooting pains

I am not sleeping well at all, just tossing and turning constantly. I feel like I have pulled a muscle in my lower tummy most days. And the pressure! I never had this on my son. I am in hospital next week and am going to ask about being signed off. I will be 35 weeks at that point. If I can see light at the end of the tunnell I think I can power on through until then. I don't get paid sick pay so I know the first 6 days of sick leave won't be paid then it will be €193 for the two weeks until Maternity Benefit kicks in.

Has everyone heard back about their maternity benefit? I haven’t heard anything. I found a copy of it in my desk at work, which is what reminded me!

I sent mine about 5 weeks ago I think and got the letter last week.

I sent mine about 5 weeks ago I think and got the letter last week.

I rang maternity benefit after I posted and they never received my form, which according to my employer was definitely sent. They’re sending on a copy of it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all doing well, I can’t remember from the last time, does Maternity Benefit pay in arrears. I am due to begin Maternity Leave on July 1st

Clashmore

Clashmore wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all doing well, I can’t remember from the last time, does Maternity Benefit pay in arrears. I am due to begin Maternity Leave on July 1st

Clashmore

No, it pays ahead. You should get your first payment on July 1st.

Final countdown is on ladies 😂🙈 I’m due the first week in July so nerves and excitement are kicking in here! Hope yis are all doing well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Nerves kicking in here alright, I'm going for my section on the 1st of July so this is the 2nd last weekend baby free.

Cant wait for it to be all done!

Advertisement