Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 B00724991 mc

Calls going out? What merit bracket are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nova1999

Calls going out? What merit bracket are you?

I deferred from May intake, got a call this morning,I'm around 650.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cladav32

Nova1999 wrote: »
    I deferred from May intake, got a call this morning,I'm around 650.

Well done!!im assuming the call was for July?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nova1999

cladav32 wrote: »
    Well done!!im assuming the call was for July?

Yes, correct, 2nd half of the month.

Nova1999 wrote: »
    Yes, correct, 2nd half of the month.

Got the call this morning myself, been a long time coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

Congtrats, I'm sure you are buzzimg

What's your ML?

Starsky1 wrote: »
    Congtrats, I'm sure you are buzzimg

What's your ML?

Thank you , totally buzzing!!ML 830-850

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tunafish123

Gonzo94 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was hoping someone here could help. I'm in the 1810 campaign with a merit list number of 860-880. I know the timescales for the two campaigns will be different. But could anyone give me a rough estimate as to how long I might be waiting for a PCA date? I ask because I might be starting a new job in September that could take me away for a few months and getting home wont be often.

I was ML 600-650 for 1710 and done the pca in November 18.

Hi all,

I was hoping someone here could help. I'm in the 1810 campaign with a merit list number of 860-880. I know the timescales for the two campaigns will be different. But could anyone give me a rough estimate as to how long I might be waiting for a PCA date? I ask because I might be starting a new job in September that could take me away for a few months and getting home wont be often.

I am in the 1710 campaign with a merit number very close to you. From results of AC to PCA, I waited around 10 months. Just received the call today, approx 13 months from AC. However 1810 isn’t beginning until 1710 is finished which could push things back further for yourself. Having said that, as someone else mentioned, some of 1810 will be from 1710. Me being one of which, I placed between 350-370 in 1810. It’s a complete guessing game and it may seem like an age but trust me, it goes in quicker than you think and once you get that call, it’s worth it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Hi all,

I am in the 1710 campaign with a merit number very close to you. From results of AC to PCA, I waited around 10 months. Just received the call today, approx 13 months from AC. However 1810 isn’t beginning until 1710 is finished which could push things back further for yourself. Having said that, as someone else mentioned, some of 1810 will be from 1710. Me being one of which, I placed between 350-370 in 1810. It’s a complete guessing game and it may seem like an age but trust me, it goes in quicker than you think and once you get that call, it’s worth it!!!

1810 is starting to make appointments from August 2019 as per the email.

Correspondence from PSNI after queries states that 1810 appointments will be made as they become appointable...

• Advertisement

YNWA27 wrote: »

Correspondence from PSNI after queries states that 1810 appointments will be made as they become appointable...

They must expect to wrap up 1710 by August then. The email to 1710 candidates stated that they are appointing all who were successful in all psni managed stages prior to those who were successful in all psni managed stages in 1810. The two campaigns are to be managed independently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 B00724991 mc

In the most recent set of calls it seems they reached around 900 on the merit list for July starts which would leave around 150 still to receive calls I dont see how they take that many for August intake in one go when it's intakes of 55-60 at i time I presumed? Maybe this is me just being too pessimistic and can't wait to get the call myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

In the most recent set of calls it seems they reached around 900 on the merit list for July starts which would leave around 150 still to receive calls I dont see how they take that many for August intake in one go when it's intakes of 55-60 at i time I presumed? Maybe this is me just being too pessimistic and can't wait to get the call myself

They did state that 1710 and 1810 would be ran as two separate campaigne with 1810 appointments commencing in August, there are a number of ways in which they could action this. All we can do is wait and see!

They must expect to wrap up 1710 by August then. The email to 1710 candidates stated that they are appointing all who were successful in all psni managed stages prior to those who were successful in all psni managed stages in 1810. The two campaigns are to be managed independently.
    Again. Corrspondence from PSNI states that this is not the case

If they are making appointments in aug for 1810 that would be an Oct start at GV

1710 list will be finished by then

What’s your merit position in 1710 campaign?

Starsky1 wrote: »
    If they are making appointments in aug for 1810 that would be an Oct start at GV

1710 list will be finished by then

Totally agree!

What’s your merit position in 1710 campaign?

Not in 1710

But I enquired with PSNI whether on not appointable candidates from 1810 will begin to be appointed in august and they said yes...

Not in 1710

But I enquired with PSNI whether on not appointable candidates from 1810 will begin to be appointed in august and they said yes...

I would say highest scoring 1810 could get the call in August along with the final 1710. As I said, 1710 candidates received an email stating they would be appointed prior to 1810.

July calls have already started going out.

I doubt 1710 will be exhausted by August

• Advertisement

There is potentially two more sets of call between now and the end of August. So dependant on what you mean by ‘exhausted by August’.....exhausted as in receiving the call or exhausted by having started in GV. I think there is a high chance 1710 will all have received offers by the end of August with starting dates of sept/Oct

There is potentially two more sets of call between now and the end of August. So dependant on what you mean by ‘exhausted by August’.....exhausted as in receiving the call or exhausted by having started in GV. I think there is a high chance 1710 will all have received offers by the end of August with starting dates of sept/Oct

Exhausted as in all candidates either offered employment, unsuccessful at all PSNI managed stages or voluntarily withdrawn.

Garnerville is at capacity.

The email received by all 1810 candidates and then to myself via queries stated that offers of appointments will be made to 1810 candidates as they become appointable from August 2019.

Which means in august 2019 you will have both 1710 candidates and 1810 candidates appointable.

Not saying 18q0 candidates will have an august start, offers of appointments made for September or October.

238 remaining candidates. Let's assume a 25% failure rate

That's 178 candidates remaining.

Maximum of say 60 per intake

August start: 60
    Sept start: 60
    October start: 60

But 1810 candidates will be appointable by Auguat 2019.

114 fast trackers plus a tranche of main body. Therefore by August there will be atleast an intake's worth of 1810 appointable...

Exhausted as in all candidates either offered employment, unsuccessful at all PSNI managed stages or voluntarily withdrawn.

The email received by all 1810 candidates and then to myself via queries stated that offers of appointments will be made to 1810 candidates as they become appointable from August 2019.

Which means in august 2019 you will have both 1710 candidates and 1810 candidates appointable.

Not saying 18q0 candidates will have an august start, offers of appointments made for September or October.

114 fast trackers plus a tranche of main body. Therefore by August there will be atleast an intake's worth of 1810 appointable...

GV is without a doubt full, makes me wonder how they are fitting in a new colour but I won’t complain.
    I would agree with what you have clarified above. However as I have said, as per emails received by 1710, they will be appointed prior to 1810...which to be fair, makes sense.

GV is without a doubt full, makes me wonder how they are fitting in a new colour but I won’t complain.
    I would agree with what you have clarified above. However as I have said, as per emails received by 1710, they will be appointed prior to 1810...which to be fair, makes sense.

Ask PSNI recruitment yourself.

Prior to is not correct

Prior to is not correct

We shall see YNWA27

Prior to is not correct

I’m don’t want to argue back and forth about it, I’m just telling you that 1710 received an email clearly stating that they are prior to. I’m sure others can confirm this. The wait is tough so I hope for your sake things move quickly either way.

Prior to is not correct

I’m don’t want to argue back and forth about it, I’m just telling you that 1710 received an email clearly stating that they are prior to. I’m sure others can confirm this. The wait is tough so I hope for your sake things move quickly either way.

Not arguing 1810 received an email saying appointments would begin August 2019.

Actually re-read the email said that the first course from 1810 would commence training in August 2019...

After queries they said courses from August 2019 onwards will contain candidates from both 1710 and 1810

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Up a tree

Not arguing 1810 received an email saying appointments would begin August 2019.

Actually re-read the email said that the first course from 1810 would commence training in August 2019...

After queries they said courses from August 2019 onwards will contain candidates from both 1710 and 1810

Been bit of lurker on here.
    I'm in the 1710 intake in the 900's still waiting on the call.

The 1710 did get the email saying taken prior to 1810 but going to guess that there will be a group maybe two that will be a mix of 1710 and 1810 to make up a full intake to gv.

Wouldnt make sense to put through a half class just to see out the 1710 campaign and some 1710 may still be going through the psni stages so or deffered to later. So what you both are saying is probably right.

At the end of the day the main aim at present of the recruitment is to get full intakes while the funding is there so this will mean some cross over of campaigns.

Basically everyone in 1710 (who passes all stages) is getting a job. Time may vary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Up a tree

Basically everyone in 1710 (who passes all stages) is getting a job. Time may vary

Seems to be what there saying, would seem a waste of resources and money to put them through all stages to pass over.

Advertisement