Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opel Corsa-e

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

rivegauche wrote: »
    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/05/2020-opel-vauxhall-corsa-shows-itself-ahead-of-schedule-in-leaked-photos/

Looks nice. Interior looks good.

Based on the Peugeot 208.

Should be generous discounts for this in my part of the world.

136ps through front wheels might be a bit of a handful as traction control keeps kicking in on my 110ps EV.

dimensions mentioned here.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/350786/2020-opel-corsa-spy-shots/

should be a bit sportier than a Zoe due to the lower ride height and more modern chassis.

Where do you live?

Won't be any discounts here thats for sure

Cant see much change from €30,000 here after grants

Would love one, should be lightweight and 136ps is plenty in a small car, especially electric

Maybe in 2025 they'll be a reasonable price

Only €20,000 to cut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,765 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Small hatchback cars look terrible with 5 doors, is there a 3 door version?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Only a 5 door version will be available 3 door is not planned at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Base model is 30,000 in the UK

Vauxhall sent out mails today

Having a laugh was the usual reply to the news

EV scene is really in the dogs

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/cars/new-corsa/offers-finance/flexible-pcp.html

The on the road price is GBP27k (from your link)

Madness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

https://www.opel.de/content/dam/opel/germany/fahrzeuge/corsa-e/downloads/Corsa_e_20.0_PRL_D.pdf

Prices in Germany are very high too and they've worked over the specification list to make sure a lot of the stuff you expect included is an optional extra. They are being sneaky with the on-board chargers and charging cables too.

You will not be getting an Corsa-e in the specification you want for less than €34 to 35k retail in Germany

There is absolutely no reason to buy this fwd supermini electric car ahead of a VW id 3 which is rwd and much larger at this price.

Hopefully the Zoe facelift is more reasonably priced and that they work some magic on the aerodynamics, batteries and motor so that it can get similar range to the Corsa-e while keeping the smaller 41kwh battery size rather than being forced to 50kwh.

Opel are really pushing leasing deals for this rather than pushing the retail price. They believe people will be happy to pay 300 to 400 euro per month for this on a lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

=we don't want to sell this in volume yet but target the geeks and celebrities who buy one as greenwash PR.

There is no way I'd buy this ahead of a Citigo iV or Zoe or ID3 at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Brera

https://www.opel.de/content/dam/opel/germany/fahrzeuge/corsa-e/downloads/Corsa_e_20.0_PRL_D.pdf

Prices in Germany are very high too and they've worked over the specification list to make sure a lot of the stuff you expect included is an optional extra. They are being sneaky with the on-board chargers and charging cables too.

You will not be getting an Corsa-e in the specification you want for less than €34 to 35k retail in Germany

There is absolutely no reason to buy this fwd supermini electric car ahead of a VW id 3 which is rwd and much larger at this price.

Hopefully the Zoe facelift is more reasonably priced and that they work some magic on the aerodynamics, batteries and motor so that it can get similar range to the Corsa-e while keeping the smaller 41kwh battery size rather than being forced to 50kwh.

Opel are really pushing leasing deals for this rather than pushing the retail price. They believe people will be happy to pay 300 to 400 euro per month for this on a lease.

They do really seem to be taking the piss with the pricing for this

I wonder how many ICE Corsa’s do they currently sell via leasing deals ?

The leasing price looks ok when you factor in the savings from charging vs paying for petrol etc but you would be mad to buy one over the likes of a VW ID3

Checked discounts available to me for E-Corsa and they are offering a discount of only 7% off retail. I also went through the configuration tool on the website and I was north of 35000 before I got the car specified close to my liking.
    They also charge for the cables you need(at least here).

The Zoe 50kw price lists aren't on the official website yet but online resellers are already ordering them and a Zoe is considerably cheaper. The discount was and I expect for the new model to be 22%. Fast charge appears to be a 890 euro option

https://www.ludego.com/produkt/renault-zoe-intens-r135-z-e-50-r135/

I can see myself buying a Zoe 50kw(with "slow" 22kw charging) instead of an eCorsa as it costs considerably less to get a top of the range trim level.
    The monthly rental isn't a factor for me as I wouldn't pay full rate.

Also Peugeot are pitching the 208 as more expensive than the Fiesta and Polo so the e-208 will be equally expensive.
    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/2020-peugeot-208-to-be-more-expensive-than-ford-fiesta-vw-polo/

There is no way anyone will buy the E-Corsa or E208 ahead of a Zoe below 30 and ID3 at around 35k. They are compliance vehicles not looking for Customers.

• Advertisement

Prices are high to keep the Tax payer gravy train finding the car companies and they don't care if people don''t buy them because they will make much more money selling ICE's.

136ps through front wheels might be a bit of a handful as traction control keeps kicking in on my 110ps EV.

Yes FWD electrics are a pain in the bloody arse if you ask me. The Leaf 150 Hp is a joke in the wet and the Kona EV is ridiculous altogether even in the dry I didn;t test it in the wet and add to that the torque steer, not very enjoyable use of the power that's for sure. A b1tch at junctions and roundabouts and the danger is getting wheel spin as you go around a bend or try to over take.......

I3 has it's limitations but it's so much better in RWD and it is shocking to think BMW are cheeping out and going FWD !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

If you've a problem spinning the wheels coming out of a junction in a FWD car, start with the wheels straight. If you're still spinning, your foot is too big and your wife would probably be better at it.

Having said that the only time I did a full 180 spin coming out of a junction was just after rain in a RWD.

n97 mini wrote: »
    If you've a problem spinning the wheels coming out of a junction in a FWD car, start with the wheels straight. If you're still spinning, your foot is too big and your wife would probably be better at it.

Having said that the only time I did a full 180 spin coming out of a junction was just after rain in a RWD.

Lol, no, seriously, the wheel spin in the 40 Kwh Leaf and Kona is annoying.

Those are 150BHP and 200BHP FWD cars with massive torque on tyres made for economy / range. I haven't driven either but I can well believe the spin is ridiculous if the traction is less than perfect

Even my Ioniq (118BHP, 295Nm) has spin (and thus retarded acceleration) unless the road is bone dry

I believe a change to better tyres will (mostly) fix this.

my tyres spin too. I approach curving junctions with traffic lights so that I don't have to go around as much of a bend and take them straighter so that I get better traction but even in straight ahead position on a wet day it is very easy to spin tyres. (I hope that made some sense)

unkel wrote: »

I believe a change to better tyres will (mostly) fix this.

If I remember correctly, I went from C rated wet stock tyres on the Gen 1.5 Leaf to A or B can't remember, it made a difference but wasn't a cure , with 150-200 Hp I doubt it would make much difference.

Drove a few times in the rain today. We've had so little rain for such a long time that I forgot how brutal traction was in the wet :(

That my fronts are down to below 4mm doesn't help either. Will get them replaced sooner rather than later. With my driving style it's a miracle they're lasting 40k km. They owe me nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

€30k, 11kW AC, 100kW DC, 50kWh battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

rocky wrote: »
    €30k, 11kW AC, 100kW DC, 50kWh battery

I find it difficult to watch him.... describing the lines of the car and I wasnt spending 30mins to get the salient points! :)

So, one question.... the €30k is for what market and is it before or after grants?

Also, the 11kW 3-phase AC is likely to be ditched by the time it hits Ireland... thats usually a continential europe option and gets stripped out here to 7kW single phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

KCross wrote: »
    I find it difficult to watch him.... describing the lines of the car and I wasnt spending 30mins to get the salient points! :)

So, one question.... the €30k is for what market and is it before or after grants?

Also, the 11kW 3-phase AC is likely to be ditched by the time it hits Ireland... thats usually a continential europe option and gets stripped out here to 7kW single phase.

Hopefully the charger can do what for example the i3 does and can combine two 3.7 kW phase recifiers as one 7.4 kW rectifier when connected to a 32 Amp single phase supply. Three phase 11 kW would be sweet for the 22 kW charging points here too and a shame if lost in translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

That's looking very promising. Lots to like about it. 8 years bumper to bumper warranty, that's showing confidence too. 330km WLTP range for presumably under €30k on the road here - still a lot of money for a supermini though...

Interesting that it can charge and discharge at just 2C (100kW). They kept that very safe despite using liquid cooling. At 3C this car would have beaten any hot hatch from the lights and be fill up very quickly at Ionity chargers. Crazy wheel spin and torque steer though :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Linders will be hosting an e-Corsa preview event this Saturday at 10am.

https://www.facebook.com/events/721752728360700/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

Any info on the actual prices yet?
    I know Bob mentioned on his vlog yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4V9St2gEs but cannot see anything official yet on Opel website

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Round Cable

eagerv wrote: »
    Any info on the actual prices yet?
    I know Bob mentioned on his vlog yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4V9St2gEs but cannot see anything official yet on Opel website

From a dealer on Facebook
    SC €27338
    Elite €30800

Inclusive of all grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

From a dealer on Facebook
    SC €27338
    Elite €30800

Inclusive of all grants.

Looks identical to the Peugeot e208 so, which has the same drivetrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Price is way off the mark. For not much more you could have a Nissan Lea which is a much bigger car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

What about things other than size? Not everyone wants a bigger car.

Advertisement