Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Courses

• 02-06-2019 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hi, I’d like to attend basic training course for rifle use.
    I have done the basic 2 hour ‘competency’ course to support my FCA1 application.

The only course I see advertise online is a 2 day course https://ifhta.ie/

Anyone any experience with them or aware of other public courses.

Down the road I’ll join a shooting club and guess courses will be available via membership?.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

What calibre of rifle are you buying ?
    What kind of shooting do you intend doing ?
    Where abouts in the country are you located ?

While you are waiting on your licence , there is some very good information to be found online in forums like here or shooting sites or through books.
    My advice would be to look up, "Rifle Marksmanship Principles" and learn all you can about them so you can put them into practice when you get your rifle.

I don't have a problem with anyone paying for tuition if that's what they want to do, but learn as much as you can from fellow shooters and reading before you go and pay the big money for a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I’ll look that up Wadi - thanks.

.22LR for vermin control and target shooting when I join a range.

Near to Dublin.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

This will start you of, there are 22 instructional videos in this play list for the Cadets.
    Covering what basics you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wXkGWzkV2k

Advertisement