Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dun Laoighre Pier stage times

Options
  • 30-05-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Anyone know the stage times for the gigs at Dun Laoighre this weekend? In particular, the Sunday.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hi
    Anyone know the stage times for the gigs at Dun Laoighre this weekend? In particular, the Sunday.
    Thanks.

would be interested also. Just Saw Tom Dunne say hes onstage at 5:45 so I guess thats time for first band all weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Couldn't find info on this also, any thoughts on what time Madness on and off at on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Probably 8.30 - 9 PM start and finished by 10.30 - 10.45, generally the conditions of curfew of outdoor standalone gigs in residential areas.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tonights
    MCD Productions

Verified account

@mcd_productions
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    Get in early to kickstart your weekend with Stereo MCs who are on stage at 6.15pm, followed directly by Deacon Blue at 7.30pm, then Basement Jaxx Djs to finish the night ����☀️

as deacon blue were promoted as the headliners many would expect them on last, also I expect many into deacon blue might actively want to avoid the other 2 and so might have arrived later, expecting a 8.30-9pm start.

I did wonder where basement jaxx would fit in though, as it would seem odd to have such an act on early.

The poster with that tweet still had deacon blue as the largest text.
    D75ibr5WkAAiPIC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

rubadub wrote: »
    tonights
    MCD Productions

Verified account

@mcd_productions
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    Get in early to kickstart your weekend with Stereo MCs who are on stage at 6.15pm, followed directly by Deacon Blue at 7.30pm, then Basement Jaxx Djs to finish the night ����☀️

as deacon blue were promoted as the headliners many would expect them on last, also I expect many into deacon blue might actively want to avoid the other 2 and so might have arrived later, expecting a 8.30-9pm start.

I did wonder where basement jaxx would fit in though, as it would seem odd to have such an act on early.

The poster with that tweet still had deacon blue as the largest text.
    D75ibr5WkAAiPIC.jpg
    Jaysus thats crazy..saw Deacon Blue in the Olympia couple months ago..had a full days work today and wouldnt have made it out there till 8.30/8.45 at the earliest..thank god i didnt get tickets in the end..there'll be murder i tell ya..murder :O

• Advertisement

tweets I saw
    You need to publish stage times. People arriving at 9pm to see Deacon Blue... Just as they finished their set. I saw a lot of unhappy people.
    Deacon Blue were a support act tonight. Very disappointed that they were not the headline act despite being the only band named on the ticket. Lots of people expecting to see them arrived when they were over. We got one song and the encore.
    D77MsHaXYAAyjoW.jpg
    Why did you have deacon blue as headline when they were on before basement Jax?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Feel very disappointed over this. Really looking forward to seeing Decaon Blue to kick start the Banl Holiday weekend but as has been stated the "headline" act was finished by 9.10/9.15. Caught a few songs but mainly just the encore. There were no times indicated on the website so anybody would have assumed that Deacon Blue as headliner would have started between 8.30 and 9 but not to be.

Numbers weren't great and alot of disappointed people there. Ads were running in the last few days promoting Deacon Blue as the headline act so doesn't make sense at all. If this was the case the times should have been published on the website. Might have been OK on a Saturday but not on a Friday with people coming after work etc.

The event seem well organised and as a result of what happened there were no queues at the bar or anything but feel let down overall.

Beware if you are going to the other gigs. Not good at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tickets posted there state doors at 5 in fairness, people misled themselves it looks like. Been to a many a gig where a band will follow the main ticket seller granted it doesn't happen here too frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Clon63 wrote: »
    Feel very disappointed over this. Really looking forward to seeing Decaon Blue to kick start the Banl Holiday weekend but as has been stated the "headline" act was finished by 9.10/9.15. Caught a few songs but mainly just the encore. There were no times indicated on the website so anybody would have assumed that Deacon Blue as headliner would have started between 8.30 and 9 but not to be.

Numbers weren't great and alot of disappointed people there. Ads were running in the last few days promoting Deacon Blue as the headline act so doesn't make sense at all. If this was the case the times should have been published on the website. Might have been OK on a Saturday but not on a Friday with people coming after work etc.

The event seem well organised and as a result of what happened there were no queues at the bar or anything but feel let down overall.

Beware if you are going to the other gigs. Not good at all

Beware of what?

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Beware of what?

Missing the main event if you are going to the Festival tonight or tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Clon63 thats such poor management by MCD.. they should have announced stage times days ago not a couple of hours before when people are working/have to travel..you and everyone else who shelled out your hard earned deserve to be compensated for this in my opinion seeing as everyone who bought into this through all the radio/media advertising were led to believe it was a Deacon Blue headliner and this was not what you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sounds like they made a meal of that. Probably shouldnt have booked Basement Jaxx if they couldnt get them for a proper set, I doubt there was much of a crossover of fans between them and Deacon Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone know stage times for tonight

http://dlharbour.ie/mcd-festival-weekend-schedule/

Fri 31st May

Gates open – 17:00

Steroes MC’s – On stage at 18:15

Deacon Blue – On state at 19:45

Basement Jazz DJs – Onstage at 21:25

Music ends – 22:30

Sat 1st June

Gates open 16:00

Something Happens – On stage at 17:45

Lightning Seeds – On stage at 19:15

Madness – On stage at 20:45

Sunday 2nd June

Gates open – 16:00

Fun Lovin Criminals – On stage at 17:45

The Charlatans – On stage at 19:15

Primal Scream – On stage at 20:45

Tickets posted there state doors at 5 in fairness, people misled themselves it looks like. Been to a many a gig where a band will follow the main ticket seller granted it doesn't happen here too frequently.
    were there loads of complaints at those gigs? if not then I suspect they are not comparable to what happened here. Can you list say 3-4 of these gigs? it would be interesting to see if similar happened, band on at 7.30, a large % expecting them on last etc.

If anybody had asked me what time to be there for yesterday I would have been saying 8 if you want to be really cautious as their could be queues or added security, and said to expect them on stage at 9. They made a right balls of it.

Any gigs I have been to which started earlier than 8.30 or so would have warnings well in advance, the likes of maybe springsteen who plays for hours.

Doors stated 5, but 2 acts were supposed to be supporting, and usually an hour gap between doors and first act, that ticket in the photo did not even list the others. Slane doors are at 2pm, if metallica came on at 4.30 you would expect complaints!;)

MGNjNDEwOGM3N2NkOTE3YTIyYmZkYjY1OTEyZWZmMmRMXFQYBKyPp8uJVEWoGjzGaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vODExMGU0ZTM4MWRiNjRhYjA2ZWY4ZTFhNmQzZDU0M2YyNWRjNDdhNmYwZTNlNmMxYTIwMzZmMmUwNjJlYTBkNC5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjIyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

ticket_2006-11-17.jpg

were there loads of complaints at those gigs? if not then I suspect they are not comparable to what happened here. Can you list say 3-4 of these gigs? it would be interesting to see if similar happened, band on at 7.30, a large % expecting them on last etc.

It doesn't appear it's comparable now as it appears they were indeed scaled back playing around 8 more songs at their previous headline show so that actually does discredit them to a support act really, fwiw could say last one was about 2 weeks ago saw King Kong Company in Clonmel a band called Kneecap followed them next one is Graspop Within Temptation headlining, Slayer playing after them no complaints no, info not left to the 11th hour helps I guess. Those Bruce shows didn't have any support at all from what I can see, I would say the time stated on ticket says 5 you'd imagine first support surely 6.

last one was about 2 weeks ago saw King Kong Company in Clonmel a band called Kneecap followed them
    I see info on that in the link below, seemed like a dual headline gig, similar to Bob Dylan and Neil Young, i.e. both seem to have level pegging so I would not be saying the headline act came on first. It might be who you mainly went to see of course, so you might have considered them the "main act" but the poster seem equal status, just like its 50/50 for other gigs like that.

https://www.ipsc.ie/event/clonmel-fek-eurovision-king-kong-company-kneecap-in-concert

F%E2%82%ACK-Eurovision-300x266.png

Springsteen rarely has support and does 3hr gigs, some might not know this and my point is they usually make it clear that it is not starting at 8.45-9.15 like most gigs I would see. Just like the poster above said a 8pm start, and clearly said who was first.
    next one is Graspop Within Temptation headlining, Slayer playing after them no complaints no
    I see a 2019 lineup for this, Within Temptation listed as headliners on the "main stage 01", and Slayer listed as headliners on the "main stage 02", so not really like the Deacon Blue issue.

Here is a list on wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graspop_Metal_Meeting#Graspop_Metal_Meeting_2019

They list them in bold which would me assume they are the headline act. If Within Tempation came on before and lyrnyrd skynyrd ended up coming on at the usual/expected headline act time then it would be similar to what happened with deacon blue.
    Main Stage 01
    Within Temptation
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Architects
    Glenn Hughes
    Eisbrecher
    Like a Storm
    who was going to be on first looks to be 50/50, and its a festival with mulitple stages, I can see here they would try to avoid clashes
    https://www.graspop.be/en/line-up/schedule/friday/

I see info on that in the link below, seemed like a dual headline gig, similar to Bob Dylan and Neil Young, i.e. both seem to have level pegging so I would not be saying the headline act came on first. It might be who you mainly went to see of course, so you might have considered them the "main act" but the poster seem equal status, just like its 50/50 for other gigs like that.
    I'd not seen that poster it does look like that alright, KKC are high up on Irish fests and have sold out the Olympia only heard of Kneecap due to this would've been the same for almost everyone, it was communicated KKC would hit the stage early from the off though

I see a 2019 lineup for this, Within Temptation listed as headliners on the "main stage 01", and Slayer listed as headliners on the "main stage 02"
    They are alternating stages that are beside each other, the poster shows WT topping the bill but the times are out and Slayer are in fact closing the night.

With co-headlines like Neil Young-Bob Dylan they usually split equal timings like I was at Whitesnake-Def Lep a few years back both bands played 90 mins but naturally someone has to go on last. I wouldn't see an issue with the timing particularly but clearly playing a shorter set than elsewhere to boot does seem like the promoters mugged off the Deacon Blue fans, Basement Jaxx may be vastly different to how they wanted to top off their night.

As a matter of interest does anybody know when those stage times appeared? I checked maybe Thursday afternoon and I didn't see them on the website so I just assumed it would be the regular set up. I might have missed them but don't think I did.

Advertisement