Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NARCG Clay shoot

• 30-05-2019 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Is there any link to rules or requirements for the NARGC clay shoot this year?

Cant seem to find anything about club rules.
    How many can shoot, or how many score? Is it a 50 bird over 5 or 8 stands?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Cavan Shooter might be able to help you out there. Seems to be in the know when it comes to NARGC stuff.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Ballinasloe...8 stands ...50 birds County Secretaries will have the forms rules etc. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

There has been 2 qualifying shoots already so i think you might have missed your chance. I know the last qualifier is a compulsory shoot. But im nearly sure you need 4 scores on top of the compulsory to qualify. As far as i know its 6 shoots in total. You can shoot as an individual for a place on the county team. Top 12 shooters plus 2 subs or your gun club can enter a team (6 guns).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Ballinasloe...8 stands ...50 birds County Secretaries will have the forms rules etc. .

Told you :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Luckysasha wrote: »
    There has been 2 qualifying shoots already so i think you might have missed your chance. I know the last qualifier is a compulsory shoot. But im nearly sure you need 4 scores on top of the compulsory to qualify. As far as i know its 6 shoots in total. You can shoot as an individual for a place on the county team. Top 12 shooters plus 2 subs or your gun club can enter a team (6 guns).

This all depends on the county. I know one county do 9 qualifying shoots my own county do 4. As far as I know the deadline is 21St June for the entries to be in. It's normally 12 from each county in the main comp plus u have juniors ladies veterans super vets and side by side competition that's along with a club team of 6 from each county's hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Our county only did 3 Qualifying shoot, top 2 scores count.

It was more so info on the club shoot I was after, to see would we even have enough people :pac:

The club shoot is 6 guns. I know there was a lot of messing up our way last year with lads trying to transfer clubs because their own couldn’t make up a squad of 6. If you transfer to another club you have to wait 2 years before you can shoot for them in the all ireland

The club shoot is 6 guns. I know there was a lot of messing up our way last year with lads trying to transfer clubs because their own couldn’t make up a squad of 6. If you transfer to another club you have to wait 2 years before you can shoot for them in the all ireland

What if your in 2 clubs and pay insurance for both?

Do all 6 shooters score for the club shoot, or is it best 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SHANE T

The club shoot is 6 guns. I know there was a lot of messing up our way last year with lads trying to transfer clubs because their own couldn’t make up a squad of 6. If you transfer to another club you have to wait 2 years before you can shoot for them in the all Ireland

Is this a NARGC rule or your own club/county rule ??

garv123 wrote: »
    What if your in 2 clubs and pay insurance for both?

As far as i know its the first club you declare for is your chosen club. There was an incident in monaghan last year where a guy couldnt make his local club team because he had paid his first membership to a club in Galway some years back

• Advertisement

Nearly sure its an NARGC rule. Know of two cases with different clubs and lads looking to change but being held back because of this rule. One in Cavan and one in louth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I think You can only be in the fund once. So pick your Club. It's an intercounty competition so your county will put the entries in. Club, 12 person team and individuals.

Nearly sure its an NARGC rule. Know of two cases with different clubs and lads looking to change but being held back because of this rule. One in Cavan and one in louth
    I think You can only be in the fund once. So pick your Club. It's an intercounty competition so your county will put the entries in. Club, 12 person team and individuals.

My story is, one club doesn't shoot clays, the other does. Surely you can shoot with the second club if the first one has no interest in clays what so ever?

Thats exactly the scenario a mate of mine was in. He was in club A for years and they never put a squad in to the county shoot as they couldn’t get 6 lads together to enter. He tried to transfer to club B but was told he would have to wait 2 years if he wanted to enter the team event with them but only if he didn’t renew his membership with club A which he was reluctant to do as he didn’t want to give up game shooting with them. He ended up having to write a letter to the NARGC committee a lad called Dan Curley basically asking for permission to transfer to club B and be allowed enter the team county shoot with them while still remaining to game shoot with club A. It was sorted out eventually this year.
    Bear in mind you can enter for the 12 man county team as an individual even if your club is not putting in a team. This is the unfair bit as you basically have clubs recruiting clay shooters and getting the NARGC insurance so they can enter the all Irelands even though they never shoot game

Advertisement