Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mubre

Hi everyone! We are into our third year of fertility treatment. We have had three failed IUI’s. We then started IVF last May but none of the eggs made it to blastocysts. We did a fresh embryo transfer in September and we got pregnant with twins but unfortunately miscarried in December. I have a frozen embryo transfer today so fingers crossed everything goes okay this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Mubre wrote: »
    Hi everyone! We are into our third year of fertility treatment. We have had three failed IUI’s. We then started IVF last May but none of the eggs made it to blastocysts. We did a fresh embryo transfer in September and we got pregnant with twins but unfortunately miscarried in December. I have a frozen embryo transfer today so fingers crossed everything goes okay this time round.

Nerd Queen, congrats, wishing you a healthy pregnancy.

Mubre and farmer, the very best of luck.

Bilbot, I've read all your posts and my heart goes out to you both. Take some time before you both decide anything and try and be open and honest with each other if you get around to discussing donor egg. I feel its the couples baby regardless of donor egg or sperm. They will carry the baby and give birth and raise the child in a perfectly normal way as its their child.

I'm at work and went for lunch with my colleagues like we do once a week. Two bump announcements at lunch. Both just happened. Mother of God I had to contain myself from not erupting at the table. The minute I get in my car at 5 I'll collapse in tears. I'm delighted but envious. It's so unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi there
    Myself and my partner have been trying to conceive for some time now, I’m 40 now and have decided to go with ivf, wondering of your experiences. We have been actively trying last few months and have received protocol, due to start next Tuesday. My question is what happens a if I potentially was naturally pregnant this month (currently on day 19) and I start ivf tableta on Tuesday? Has anyone any advise or experience? I keep delaying ivf thinking it could be my lucky month ... 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Silentreader

sheep1234 wrote: »
    No joy yet unfortunately, started with Neo fertility a few months back so hopefully things will improve!

It's tough when everyone around you is having babies :( am at the point when I avoid pregnant people in work!

Trying letrozole, hopefully It has good results!

Apologies for picking up this old post, just wanted to know if Letrazole has helped, as we just got started on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭pawrick

Another one for the club

My partner and I were recently successful. Have a due date late October after 2 prior failed IVF cycles.

Haven't commented in this part of boards previously but it helped us a lot reading other peoples comments in finding a clinic when we were at the researching stage over the past couple of years.

Just for anyone else searching boards for info. we used the following clinics for IVF

Galway Fertility Clinic
    Waterstone Clinic - Cork
    Reprofit - Brno, Czech Republic

If anyone ever wants to ask a question they can pm no problem and if I can help with info I will, my partner is more up to speed with the finer details tbh but I can always run them by her also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Farmerstatia

Hi all..how is everyone doing xxx
    Got 5 day blastocyst transferred on Tues gone..so in the 2ww club now.
    When transferring they said the frostie was just hatched..what does this mean really is it a better chance of implanting??
    Also today after two days of thumping headaches I'm aching all over like I have a flu coming on so now I dunno!!!
    Every twinge you over analysise I no!!!

Baby dust to all xxxxx

pawrick wrote: »
    Another one for the club

My partner and I were recently successful. Have a due date late October after 2 prior failed IVF cycles.

Haven't commented in this part of boards previously but it helped us a lot reading other peoples comments in finding a clinic when we were at the researching stage over the past couple of years.

Just for anyone else searching boards for info. we used the following clinics for IVF

Galway Fertility Clinic
    Waterstone Clinic - Cork
    Reprofit - Brno, Czech Republic

If anyone ever wants to ask a question they can pm no problem and if I can help with info I will, my partner is more up to speed with the finer details tbh but I can always run them by her also.

Hi there..
    How do u are gfc as a clinic.
    We got a bfp from them and are back doing another cycle as we speak ..
    So happy you finally got your bfp xx

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

When transferring they said the frostie was just hatched..what does this mean really is it a better chance of implanting??
    Also today after two days of thumping headaches I'm aching all over like I have a flu coming on so now I dunno!!!

Baby dust to all xxxxx

Just wanted to say good luck and lots of baby dust your way !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Baby dust to all xxxxx

Best of luck to you! I hope the next week and a half flies by for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Baby dust to all xxxxx

Hatching is good I think.

• Advertisement

Hi all.
    So as of today I'm 8dp 5dt and the last two days I have tested a good few times.(I know I shouldnt)
    On 5 first response tests the was four faint positives and one barely positive u want very good eyesight to see it...
    I've just taken a clear blue digital and it says not pregnant so now I'm confused...
    I didn't have any trigger shot or anything like that to give me a false positive.
    So I dunno confused isn't the word..

Anyone any advice !!??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

What day are you supposed to test? Maybe wait a day and try clear blue again.

fits wrote: »

Hi fits
    Km due to home test on Sat.
    But I've been getting faint + the last couple days .
    Just took a norm cb and got another faint +

fits wrote: »

Home test on Sat..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

In my experience, the Clear Blue digital isn't as sensitive as the line tests, so that may explain why it's saying not pregnant but the line tests are coming up positive.

Toots wrote: »
    In my experience, the Clear Blue digital isn't as sensitive as the line tests, so that may explain why it's saying not pregnant but the line tests are coming up positive.

Thanks toots.
    I jus hope it is a yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Thanks toots.
    I jus hope it is a yes.

I agree with Toots. The digital is less sensitive. Try a First Response with first morning urine as that’s the most sensitive.

Ps very tentative congrats as they look positive to me

We had a chemical that came and went over the course of a few tests.

In very early days the batch each individual test was produced in could have different sensitivity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭LCD

On 3 separate FET we had positive tests after the 2 week wait, which were all false positives. Personally I believe all the hormones involved in IVF can effect any of the pee on the stick tests.

Crap advice but just sit tight & if you are you'll know soon enough.

Best of luck, is a bloody nightmare wait, which ends with either the highest of highs or the lowest of lows. No in between

• Advertisement

Hi everyone.

We got our bfp..booked in for early scan on 20th so fingers crossed all will be ok xxxz

Thinking of everyone trying here..it's a long hard process with many bumps on the way but I wish everyone the best and please God may you all get to the very precious end goal..
    Baby dust to all xxxz

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Huge congrats!! Best of luck and hope the scan goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Delighted for you. I've done that 2 week wait numerous times all with a negative result. It's torture. As one poster said it can be hard to analyse symptoms with all the hormones from IVF. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

I'm giving IVF one last shot in about 8 weeks. I've moved to a clinic abroad. I feel its now or never. It's almost two years since I last had IVF. Mentally the previous 18months of fertility treatment had a huge affect on my mental health and my relationships with people. I feel much stronger now.
    Wishing all of you the best of luck

Delighted for you. I've done that 2 week wait numerous times all with a negative result. It's torture. As one poster said it can be hard to analyse symptoms with all the hormones from IVF. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

I'm giving IVF one last shot in about 8 weeks. I've moved to a clinic abroad. I feel its now or never. It's almost two years since I last had IVF. Mentally the previous 18months of fertility treatment had a huge affect on my mental health and my relationships with people. I feel much stronger now.
    Wishing all of you the best of luck

Oh fingersandtoes.
    I no how hard it is but all we can do is think positive even when things look bleak.
    Best of luck to you xxxxxx

Hi everyone.

We got our bfp..booked in for early scan on 20th so fingers crossed all will be ok xxxz

Thinking of everyone trying here..it's a long hard process with many bumps on the way but I wish everyone the best and please God may you all get to the very precious end goal..
    Baby dust to all xxxz

Congratulations!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Congratulations farmerstatia, that is truly wonderful news.

Fingersandtoes, wishing you the very best of luck with everything ahead, and sending positive thoughts your way xx

Now there's a spot of good news ;)

Best of luck

Thanks everyone for the well wishes..
    Really didn't think it would happen due to the serious amount of stress I'm under at the mo
    ...literally so stressed I've been reduced to tears but it happened and we are just so thankful..hopefully pg our little bean keeps growing..
    Xxx

So started bleeding yest..Dr isn't too hopeful about it so another waiting game now till I can get an early scan..
    The hope and excitement was short lived xxxz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

Really sorry to hear that. So hard.

Advertisement