Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats red led?

• 29-05-2019 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Probably be shot for this but what exactly is red led? Ive heard it said a few times in Waterford and i think it has something to do with food. Is it slang for tomato sauce?? By the way im not from here originally so take that into account! I think ill have to buy a book of Waterford slang.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Tis luncheon sausage boi.

Best aten in a blaa with a package ah Tayto chaze n onion crisps boi

I like it with a blaa, red lead, da crips and a twix - all in da blaa, ya can’t bate it boi, twix n all

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Luncheon meat , a delicacy :eek: Thought you stopped eating it when you were 10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Blaa, red lead and crumbly cheddar cheese!

is_that_so wrote: »
    Luncheon meat , a delicacy :eek: Thought you stopped eating it when you were 10!

You must be a blow in boi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

jimbojazz wrote: »
    No just have relatives there. Always thought it was vile stuff even as a kid! Each to their own as they say!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The term is not just used in Waterford. It's used in Wexford too.

is_that_so wrote: »
    jimbojazz wrote: »
    No just have relatives there. Always thought it was vile stuff even as a kid! Each to their own as they say!:)

Ah right, puts hairs on your chest boi, as my wife will tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Probably be shot for this but what exactly is red led? Ive heard it said a few times in Waterford and i think it has something to do with food. Is it slang for tomato sauce?? By the way im not from here originally so take that into account! I think ill have to buy a book of Waterford slang.

Ya can't have Deise in your username and ask a question like that....:mad:

Ya can't have Deise in your username and ask a question like that....:mad:

Agree, all in favour of a ban, say aye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Ah thanks v much people i never would have guessed that good to know. I was convinced it was tomato sauce!
    As for the ban look at the word after Deise im NEW to the city less than 2 years and i really only got to get out and about the last few months! Im already after offending someone who is 6ft 5 when i put up their name by accident i dont want anymore mishaps ha ha!
    I do like very much the people in Waterford. Very good natured and always up for a good chat. Thanks for the replies. :)

Ah thanks v much people i never would have guessed that good to know. I was convinced it was tomato sauce!
    As for the ban look at the word after Deise im NEW to the city less than 2 years and i really only got to get out and about the last few months! Im already after offending someone who is 6ft 5 when i put up their name by accident i dont want anymore mishaps ha ha!
    I do like very much the people in Waterford. Very good natured and always up for a good chat. Thanks for the replies. :)

All in good fun, great response from you

I do like very much the people in Waterford. Very good natured and always up for a good chat. Thanks for the replies. :)[/quote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Give it a while and you'll probably have to change that username. You'll get to DeiseThroughAndThrough eventually.

Give it a while and you'll probably have to change that username. You'll get to DeiseThroughAndThrough eventually.

or MoreDeisethanDeise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

DeiseNew wrote:

Tis fecken rotten stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

The food of the Gods. Not as red as it used to be though, I think the EU banned the toxic colouring agent that gave it its beautiful redness ;-)

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Tis fecken rotten stuff

There's nothing like mashing up a pig till it's liquid, add a bunch of nettles, dry it out and slice into radioactive discs... nyom, nyom.... if you're lucky you'll get the squeak in one of the slices...

redlead wrote: »
    The food of the Gods. Not as red as it used to be though, I think the EU banned the toxic colouring agent that gave it its beautiful redness ;-)

If you're trying to describe how good a food is, you might avoid using the word toxic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

redlead wrote: »

About the same time it lost its 'softness' and became rather hard.

Hehehehe .... just remembered as a kid peeling the 'skin' off the slice and swallowing it only to pull it up again hehehehehe
    How gross can a kid be? :D:D

But deffo ...... blaa, thick buttered like slices of cheese and 2 slices of redled between with a big mug o' cha ....... getting hungry now ....

• Advertisement

Cha? Boi? Thick buttered blah?

Ah lads will you phase me in a bit slower please...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

You people disgust me

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Isthisthingon?

Red led is nicer than ham in a blaa.

There ! I've said it.!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Ya mean Deisetruantru boooi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

It hovers under my palette. It makes me salivate when I see it behind the deli glass. I press my hands up against it and my eyes fixate and on its pinky, smooth texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So basically im not a true Waterford man until I butter up a crusty blaa, have some cheese and red lead in it and wash it down with a cuppa tea? Oh and of course saying well boy as im doing it...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

So basically im not a true Waterford man until I butter up a crusty blaa, have some cheese and red lead in it and wash it down with a cuppa tea? Oh and of course saying well boy as im doing it...:p

Some of use prefer the non-crusty blaas, and don't even like cheese ..... but that OK.

As for the rest ...... yeah boi ye just gotta!

Its alright lads but hardly mind blowing! I tried it earlier. Crusty blaa lots of butter 2 slices of luncheon and tea. Not bad and not good just ok.
    Mind you with the Liverpool just winning id say red anything tastes brilliant!!

Advertisement