Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub to watch EL final Wedensday night

• 29-05-2019 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Probably staying in town Wed night and looking for a pub to watch the Europa League final in, im not bothered who wins so just looking for somewhere with a decent big screen and a bit of comfort, thanks

ps Mods i know there a thread for this kind of thing but couldnt find it :o

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That league has been on BT sports mostly if i remember right so choices may be a little limited but Pucan, Fibbers, Cellar and Carrolls should all have it.. Advisable to check individual fb pages or call to confirm though..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

That league has been on BT sports mostly if i remember right so choices may be a little limited but Pucan, Fibbers, Cellar and Carrolls should all have it.. Advisable to check individual fb pages or call to confirm though..

Ya its BT but they have Cl rights too so i assume most decent sports pubs would have it. Where is Carrolls btw? I know the others

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It used to be McAlindens down Dominick street across the way from Monroes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Virgin media sport have the games too. 1520, McGinns and McGettigans are set up for sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I recommend The Dew Drop Inn.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    I recommend The Dew Drop Inn.

Lovely spot but wont it be packed? Going to be on my own so wanted somewhere i could get a decent seat etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭spurshero

It will be on in any decent pub worth it’s salt .nor being smart but this is a stupid thread

spurshero wrote: »
    It will be on in any decent pub worth it’s salt .nor being smart but this is a stupid thread

Obviously but i specifically asked for one with a good big screen and some comfort so that would rule out places packed to the gills. I was neutral about Saturday night but i hope ye get stuffed now, have a nice afternoon.

Obviously but i specifically asked for one with a good big screen and some comfort so that would rule out places packed to the gills. I was neutral about Saturday night but i hope ye get stuffed now, have a nice afternoon.

Sorry I didn’t mean for my post to be so cutting . Was ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

It's a Wednesday night for Europa cup final not the champions League final so don't think you will find anywhere packed to the gills. As mentioned any pub with a TV which is 95% of pubs will have BT and will be showing it.

• Advertisement

spurshero wrote: »
    Sorry I didn’t mean for my post to be so cutting . Was ott.

Ah no problem, yeah in retrospect its probably a daft question. I know Galway well so should have been more specific, as it turns out there was a change of plan so im at home beside the fire watching it. Small screen but great comfort:)

• Getting a seat at the bar in garavans or similar would be my aim in a similar situation. Tv behind the bar isn’t big but you are close, top class pints and probably end up having a chat with the regulars.

Ah no problem, yeah in retrospect its probably a daft question. I know Galway well so should have been more specific, as it turns out there was a change of plan so im at home beside the fire watching it. Small screen but great comfort:)

No I was outta line . Hope ya enjoyed it where ever u watched it . And ya can go back to shouting for spurs sat now !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,834 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Getting a seat at the bar in garavans or similar would be my aim in a similar situation. Tv behind the bar isn’t big but you are close, top class pints and probably end up having a chat with the regulars.

Don't think I've ever seen that TV show anything other than golf, and never heard any commentary being played from it ever!

I like Garavans and all but to be honest I think watching a European Cup final on your phone outside would be better than watching it on that TV inside!

Advertisement