Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert in London

• 25-05-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, just wondering Im trying to buy tickets for a concert in London on ticketmaster but in the checkout it only gives the option of great britain delivery or Northern Ireland. has anyone any experience of this as I live in the South. Do they not post to the Republic, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

roome19b wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering Im trying to buy tickets for a concert in London on ticketmaster but in the checkout it only gives the option of great britain delivery or Northern Ireland. has anyone any experience of this as I live in the South. Do they not post to the Republic, thank you

I'd say you'd be best with e tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 25 roome19b

Abba987 wrote: »
    I'd say you'd be best with e tickets

Thanks but unfortunately the eticket is not an option, the only option is standard post for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Try to get them to Parcel Motel, AddressPal or the other virtual UK address companies.

Otherwise do you know anyone who lives in the UK? Get them posted there or else get them to buy and post to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Who are you going to see?

Del2005 wrote: »
    Try to get them to Parcel Motel, AddressPal or the other virtual UK address companies.

Otherwise do you know anyone who lives in the UK? Get them posted there or else get them to buy and post to you.

Thanks for reply, it stated on ticketmaster that your postal address has to match the credit card holders address so that would rule out postal motel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

What is the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

are you trying to buy via ticketmaster.ie or .co.uk

I can see I can get metallica uk tickets on the .ie site but would not expect a ROI option if I was on the UK site.

rubadub wrote: »
    are you trying to buy via ticketmaster.ie or .co.uk

I can see I can get metallica uk tickets on the .ie site but would not expect a ROI option if I was on the UK site.

Hi thanks for reply, we were using the .ie site and afraid only getting the UK and northern Ireland postage options and no e ticket option. I'm not sure if it will post to the Republic if I continue with the Northern Ireland option selected,

If you tell us the gig, we may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi thanks for reply, we were using the .ie site and afraid only getting the UK and northern Ireland postage options and no e ticket option. I'm not sure if it will post to the Republic if I continue with the Northern Ireland option selected,

Have you no friends or relatives in the UK who could buy them? Is driving to the North an option to buy in store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

I had this issue recently -just went ahead and ordered them to NI.

They never showed up but if you get in contact with their Twitter a day before your flight and say they never showed up they'll help you cancel them and collect new ones at box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

can you not use the co.uk option, .ie site wouldnt be connected in same way? It is different entity though but at the least you should get box office collection option.

can you not use the co.uk option, .ie site wouldnt be connected in same way? It is different entity though but at the least you should get box office collection option.

In my case all I was offered was postal to either mainland UK or NI.

No print off, no collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Hi,

When is the gig?

I went to a UK gig a few years ago.I rang Ticketmaster UK and ordered my ticket over the phone giving my card details & address. The tickets were delivered to my ROI address a few weeks before the gig.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Plenty of UK gigs have tickets sold on seetickets as well as Ticketmaster. Might offer different postage options.

I had this issue recently -just went ahead and ordered them to NI.

They never showed up but if you get in contact with their Twitter a day before your flight and say they never showed up they'll help you cancel them and collect new ones at box office.

Thanks Mighty, think im gonna chance this option. Did you find it hard to get response from twitter customer service. Ive tried ringing ticketmaster both .ie and co.uk numeourous times also sent email to get info re this matter but no reponse from either, no ones answering the phone lol hopefully twitter customer service is better

why the big secret? what is the gig? others can see if there are other options you might have missed.

Thanks Mighty, think im gonna chance this option. Did you find it hard to get response from twitter customer service. Ive tried ringing ticketmaster both .ie and co.uk numeourous times also sent email to get info re this matter but no reponse from either, no ones answering the phone lol hopefully twitter customer service is better

I didn't approach them on Twitter until a few days before my flight - but you're right trying to find a human to talk to (outside of Twitter) by going through their website is impossible and any phone number on their site is now dead.

FWIW they did make me fill out this form (https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000115473) but took my reference umber by DM and followed up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bit weird you won't name the gig.

I went to The Horrors in Royal Albert Hall 2 weeks ago, absolutely no problems buying tickets through the venue's site.

Go to gigs in London a bit, have NEVER had an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Birneybau wrote: »

I went to The Horrors in Royal Albert Hall 2 weeks ago, absolutely no problems buying tickets through the venue's site.

Yea same. Been to loads of gigs in Manchester and London over the years and never had an issue

• Advertisement

Its caus the the gig is nearly sold out :)

Its because the concert is nearly sold out. You can only buy through ticket master. find it really strange its not more straightforward buying the tickets through ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its because the concert is nearly sold out. You can only buy through ticket master. find it really strange its not more straightforward buying the tickets through ticketmaster

Doesn't matter if it's nearly sold, Many here have bought tix for gigs in London on TM and had no issue

it might be straightforward, but as you still refuse to say what the gig is there is nothing much people can do to try and help.

It is a bit short sighted of you not to name the gig.

Not only do I have uk addresses, I also get a ticketmaster discount of 25%

I hope you get sorted.

Thanks for all the info everyone, ye it was probably a bit short sighted of me but I was afraid the last lot tickets would be sold. Its for the Pink concert in Wembley at this stage restricted viewing seats are all that is left. Think were going to use the post offices address pal system(not sure if the difference between the credit cards address and delivery address would cause conflict) and if the tickets dont turn up try contact ticketmaster to arrange collection at their box office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Thanks for all the info everyone, ye it was probably a bit short sighted of me but I was afraid the last lot tickets would be sold. Its for the Pink concert in Wembley at this stage restricted viewing seats are all that is left. Think were going to use the post offices address pal system(not sure if the difference between the credit cards address and delivery address would cause conflict) and if the tickets dont turn up try contact ticketmaster to arrange collection at their box office

Ah nice, I thought it was sold out.

I'm going to buy up all the remaining tickets.

This is exactly the info i've been waiting for.

Now me and my large extended family of Pink fans can realize our dreams.

Thanks OP ;)

Ah nice, I thought it was sold out.

I'm going to buy up all the remaining tickets.

This is exactly the info i've been waiting for.

Now me and my large extended family of Pink fans can realize our dreams.

Thanks OP ;)

Maybe you can sell me one IF they get delivered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Did you try buying from https://ticketing.thefa. com ?

• Advertisement

spindex wrote: »
    Did you try buying from https://ticketing.thefa. com ?

thanks Spindex, tried them unfortunately all gone

Advertisement