Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dauntless

• 25-05-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Has anyone given this a go yet. Apparently it's a less 'hardcore' version of monster hunter. It's free to play but no idea if it's okay to win or not. I always liked the idea of monster but could never get into it so this sounds appealing. Any thoughts from other boardsies welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm not a fan of fortnite, not because of the kids playing it, but because of the building mechanic. But they do make a good game, can't take that away from them. So when I saw this, I thought 'Oh, it's Monster Hunter: Fortnite'. Looked good, can be played SP allegedly, and it's free. I'll give a whirl says I. Downloaded, started, accepted that it was a beta (did not realise this), and then was told the servers are full and it would be 10 minutes at least.

So i've uninstalled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I got a few games in the other day made some armor and a sword and have been getting S+ rankings. But since thursday I havent been able to get a game although im excited to play more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I'm not a fan of fortnite, not because of the kids playing it, but because of the building mechanic. But they do make a good game, can't take that away from them. So when I saw this, I thought 'Oh, it's Monster Hunter: Fortnite'. Looked good, can be played SP allegedly, and it's free. I'll give a whirl says I. Downloaded, started, accepted that it was a beta (did not realise this), and then was told the servers are full and it would be 10 minutes at least.

So i've uninstalled it.

Its nothing to do with Epic, I have since its release last year and whilst its not a bad game. The monster fights lack the finese of MHQ, havent played it in a while but it wasnt bad and was updated regularly.

Just some of the monsters felt like you just stood beside them and spammed attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I tried it last year but found it's game play loop rather boring, due to it being just a case of farming a monster over and over to get enough gear upgrades to move onto the next level monster and repeating the process.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I put 400 hours into Monster Hunter World on PC, i played 20 hours in this most of which are since full release and doubt ill play anymore while i have MHW.
    It really is a poor man MHW, infact its not even good enough to be that.
    It looks nice but sadly lacking everywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I gave this another whirl in the last couple of weeks. It's meh. As mentioned above, at least early on, it's not challenging and quite boring. Monster attacks are sparse and easily avoidable. I'd imagine this gets more difficult the further you level up, but for now it's just too boring to continue.

Must get MHW though, even if it's got a steep learning curve. Especially now with Aloy set to be in the mix.

Advertisement