Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Targeting posters for their views in another forum

• 25-05-2019 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

Hey I’m not a regular user of this forum but I tend to dip in and out of it and I would like to offer some feedback.

I have noticed that two posters have been getting digs posted towards them regarding posts in another forum about the elections, a subject totally unrelated to blockchain, cryptocurrencies etc.

Listen I’m not saying I approve of these posters’ behaviour but it definitely seems to me that they are being targeted because their views “go against the grain” with the overwhelming consensus of this forum. I don’t think this is a coincidence that the two most prominent “cryptosceptic” posters are having their unrelated posts in other forums trawled through to be picked apart in here.

I think this is a total disgrace that they are being bullied in this way because their views don’t align with the groupthink in the Cryptocurrencies forum.

The moderators and other contributors to this vicious, thuggish, campaign should simply be ashamed of themselves and their behaviour. It’s not right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So report the posts in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So report the posts in question.

I don’t know what you mean; I am doing that with this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I have noticed that two posters have been getting digs posted towards them regarding posts in another forum about the elections, a subject totally unrelated to blockchain, cryptocurrencies etc.

Voting is one of the most heavily discussed potential use cases for blockchain and they are two loudmouthed blockchain sceptics who admit to breaking the law with regard to voting. It's extremely relatable, especially on a thread about nefarious characters who've popped up during the crypto boom.

How isn't it related when two self-avowed criminal sceptics commit a crime that could be fixed with this technology? This isn't like me picking up on some post where JF tells another sub-forum whether he's gotten service from a brazzer or drank an entire pub - it's a post they've made publicly about committing a fraudulent act and they're guys who LOVE calling out fraud on a forum dedicated to a fraud prevention technology.
    It's incredibly pertinent.

I don’t know what you mean; I am doing that with this thread.

You have to find my posts and click the report button, the exclamation triangle thing.

grindle wrote: »
    Voting is one of the most heavily discussed potential use cases for blockchain and they are two loudmouthed blockchain sceptics who admit to breaking the law with regard to voting. It's extremely relatable, especially on a thread about nefarious characters who've popped up during the crypto boom.

How isn't it related when two self-avowed criminal sceptics commit a crime that could be fixed with this technology? This isn't like me picking up on some post where JF tells another sub-forum whether he's gotten service from a brazzer or drank an entire pub - it's a post they've made publicly about committing a fraudulent act and they're guys who LOVE calling out fraud on a forum dedicated to a fraud prevention technology.
    It's incredibly pertinent.

A mealy mouthed reply. If these were two posters who you didn’t have such a large “axe to grind” with you would never spend hours going through their posts in other forums to try to discredit them in here. It’s needlessly personal and the discoursional equivalent of bad sportsmanship.

• Advertisement

A mealy mouthed reply. If these were two posters who you didn’t have such a large “axe to grind” with you would never spend hours going through their posts in other forums to try to discredit them in here. It’s needlessly personal and the discoursional equivalent of bad sportsmanship.

I didn't do that, I was reading through the thread about the TD and thought it was quite funny that he'd announce a fraudulent act like that considering his posting style here. PPL's post was direct to me on this forum.
    Both call everything a scam, both admitting to criminality and scamming the democratic system we're supposed to have.

Talk about defending the indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’d be like yourself, OP. Dip in and out but I wouldn’t have the confidence to post my views as I have seen how other “detractors” have been treated.

Also, I have to say, I find it particularly galling to see two poster’s posts being used in someone’s “signature”. That is very disappointing.

I’m not sure if this thread is the right place to ask this but I guy I know was talking about all the crypto stuff recently, and this guy wouldn’t be the brightest lad, and he asked, what I would consider, a very pertinent question. He said “does anyone who doesn’t own crypto defend blockchain?”.

I certainly haven’t encountered anyone who holds crypto who criticises it nor anyone without it who’d defend it.

The tide is turning…

What's galling about it? I've always had other user's statements as my sig, this one is just the first where they were publicising their fraud.

Who owns crypto or not is going to have a lot of selection bias for obvious reasons but cryptos do get criticised. What those self-admitted fraudsters post isn't criticism, it's just spamming the forum with the word "scam", all doomsday crap, zero value and nothing to learn from it. JF was on a streak of good scam catches at some point tbf, he was almost fighting the good fight. But he relapses and everything is a scam again.

Actual criticism of crypto should look like "DApp usage is low, why is this, how can it be solved or can it be solved?", "Enterprise use can't happen without privacy features.", "Wow, they copied that whitepaper wholesale!", "That founder's reward is ridiculous, how can they justify it?" but instead we get "Hahaha, all going to zero laaaaadsss, it's all a scaaaaam!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Random anonymous people on the Internet

Don't get so worked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

I’m not sure if this thread is the right place to ask this but I guy I know was talking about all the crypto stuff recently, and this guy wouldn’t be the brightest lad, and he asked, what I would consider, a very pertinent question. He said “does anyone who doesn’t own crypto defend blockchain?”.

I certainly haven’t encountered anyone who holds crypto who criticises it nor anyone without it who’d defend it.

It's a good question but it's like anything in life, if someone hasn't used a technology I'm not going to value their opinion on it.

One of the reasons people who own crypto defend blockchain is because many of them actually understand public key cryptography, have experience sending/receiving transactions, mining, staking etc. and have used multiple Dapps so can see the value blockchain adds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Hey I’m not a regular user of this forum but I tend to dip in and out of it and I would like to offer some feedback.

Listen I’m not saying I approve of these posters’ behaviour but it definitely seems to me that they are being targeted because their views “go against the grain” with the overwhelming consensus of this forum. I don’t think this is a coincidence that the two most prominent “cryptosceptic” posters are having their unrelated posts in other forums trawled through to be picked apart in here.

I think this is a total disgrace that they are being bullied in this way because their views don’t align with the groupthink in the Cryptocurrencies forum.

The moderators and other contributors to this vicious, thuggish, campaign should simply be ashamed of themselves and their behaviour. It’s not right.
    And in your 'contributions' here, what have you stated about the technology? Lets take your first post here - the one where one of the individuals you are currently supporting had to disassociate himself from that disgusting post.
    I’d be like yourself, OP. Dip in and out but I wouldn’t have the confidence to post my views as I have seen how other “detractors” have been treated.

Also, I have to say, I find it particularly galling to see two poster’s posts being used in someone’s “signature”. That is very disappointing.
    There is nothing wrong with a contrarian view to the market or the technology. However, the three people you are backing ... I think you need to review that.
    This guy (the OP here) - check his first posts in this sub-forum and come back and tell me he's making a good contribution to discussion here.

The other two: Have engaged in and continue to engage in condescension and are deliberately trolling and trying to provoke - and derail perfectly good discussion. One of them has also done what the OP presents as a cause for complaint here i.e. trawling through peoples posts here (mine) and trying to find some muck to throw at me. He wasn't the only one to do that.

Other than that, I can't possibly take seriously anyone that comes in here and suggests that there isn't one, single, solitary benefit to blockchain technology. ...which is the case with those two individuals.

Lastly, if the OP has an issue, he can report it using the 'report' button and the mod will review.

And in your 'contributions' here, what have you stated about the technology? Lets take your first post here - the one where one of the individuals you are currently supporting had to disassociate himself from that disgusting post.

There is nothing wrong with a contrarian view to the market or the technology. However, the three people you are backing ... I think you need to review that.
    This guy (the OP here) - check his first posts in this sub-forum and come back and tell me he's making a good contribution to discussion here.

The other two: Have engaged in and continue to engage in condescension and are deliberately trolling and trying to provoke - and derail perfectly good discussion. One of them has also done what the OP presents as a cause for complaint here i.e. trawling through peoples posts here (mine) and trying to find some muck to throw at me. He wasn't the only one to do that.

Other than that, I can't possibly take seriously anyone that comes in here and suggests that there isn't one, single, solitary benefit to blockchain technology. ...which is the case with those two individuals.

Lastly, if the OP has an issue, he can report it using the 'report' button and the mod will review.

If I remember correctly my first post here was about the supposition that blockchain is still a developing technology after a decade since its release. How disgusting. :rolleyes: Though I stand to be corrected on that since I can’t search through my posts at the moment.

Anyway it’s not about me or my contributions to this forum we’re talking about here, I am simply pointing out that combing through a poster’s posts in another forum to discredit them here is slimy behaviour. It’s almost as bad as your attempts to reduce my feedback by referencing old, “disgusting” posts without a single shred of evidence or even a quote to accompany them. You need to grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

And here we have the winner of most pointless thread ever.

Collect your snowflake award for being offended on other people's behalf.

If I remember correctly my first post here was about the supposition that blockchain is still a developing technology after a decade since its release. How disgusting. :rolleyes: Though I stand to be corrected on that since I can’t search through my posts at the moment.
    Yeah, try this one here for size. You proud of this? And before you go accusing me of going hunting for it, it was brought to the attention of this sub-forum.

As for your posts here, they focus on criticism of people moreso than the tech or the market.

Anyway it’s not about me or my contributions to this forum we’re talking about here, I am simply pointing out that combing through a poster’s posts in another forum to discredit them here is slimy behaviour. It’s almost as bad as your attempts to reduce my feedback by referencing old, “disgusting” posts without a single shred of evidence or even a quote to accompany them. You need to grow up.
    Listen to yourself. You're criticising others and when you do that, you can be held to the same standard yourself.

You can't have it both ways.

Yeah, try this one here for size. You proud of this? And before you go accusing me of going hunting for it, it was brought to the attention of this sub-forum.

As for your posts here, they focus on criticism of people moreso than the tech or the market.

Listen to yourself. You're criticising others and when you do that, you can be held to the same standard yourself.

You can't have it both ways.

I won’t be drawn into any discussion regarding that post seeing that it was posted in another forum six months ago(!), I will only say that I would happily post the same thing if circumstances were the same today.

I can criticise people all I like, this is a thread offering feedback on how people are behaving in this forum rather than the topic of the forum itself..

I won’t be drawn into any discussion regarding that post seeing that it was posted in another forum six months ago(!), I will only say that I would happily post the same thing if circumstances were the same today.
    I don't give a fiddlers what you are or aren't drawn on. It doesn't matter how long ago it was - to go referring to people hanging themselves or having a need to hang themselves during the crypto bear market - it's truly disgusting.
    I didn't post it in this sub-forum - but someone linked to it on this sub-forum and you yourself commented on it here. You're far from the moral high-ground complaining about others here on the back of that horrendous behaviour.
    I can criticise people all I like, this is a thread offering feedback on how people are behaving in this forum rather than the topic of the forum itself..
    Are you five? .... complete and utter ... - complaining about people here on the backdrop of what you posted and your very last post above saying that you would post it again.

Nobody asked for your 'feedback'. If you have an issue, click on 'report'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Cryptocurrencies are poisonous to the environment and its Libertarian investors are poisonous to our society. I'd say searches on eBay for "ropes" and "rickety stools" have rocketed in the past few months since Bitcoin started its freefall. No loss.

I think this kind of undermines your original point. Et tu Brute?

“ah ha! You made this post in another forum so now you can’t say we shouldn’t be spying on people we don’t like’s posts in other forums no wait a minute I’m talking ****e.”

That post keeps being brought up like it’s some indestructible trump card. I make no apologies for it and I stand by it. As far as I am concerned the exploitation of the planet as the expense of our species’ survival is an act of violence and, as we all know, violence begets violence.

That will be my final thought on the matter.

I am simply pointing out that combing through a poster’s posts in another forum to discredit them here is slimy behaviour.

I'll reiterate: this is a fantasy. Mods would be able to see that it is as well, I think?
    I'm well able to click into After Hours and read up on some pretard TD who needs adult supervision.

“ah ha! You made this post in another forum so now you can’t say we shouldn’t be spying on people we don’t like’s posts in other forums no wait a minute I’m talking ****e.”
    You're familiar with the word hypocrite, I take it...
    That post keeps being brought up like it’s some indestructible trump card. I make no apologies for it and I stand by it.
    So you infer to a need for rope and a rickety bucket and you think that's ok. Says everything about you. You realise that there could well be (and were/are) plenty of people in a bad situation financially due to that downturn. I have no problem in people saying they shouldn't have put money in - or money invested to an extent that it put them in a bad situation. However, anyone who is human with a basic moral code and the ability to empathise - would not have wrote what you wrote. Anyone with even a strand of moral fibre would know to write such a thing (and possibly send someone in a desperate situation over the edge) is out of bounds.
    As far as I am concerned the exploitation of the planet as the expense of our species’ survival is an act of violence and, as we all know, violence begets violence.
    Listen to yourself!? An 'act of violence' where 'violence begets violence'. You're doing your finest to justify the worst of possible human behaviour. Aside from the fact that you haven't got a god damn clue what you're talking about.
    That will be my final thought on the matter.
    Really? The suggestion that you in any way approached anything here with an open mind is amusing. Other than that, I couldn't give a fiddlers what your 'thoughts' are - so long as they don't get enough oxygen to damage others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bit rich of bitcoin gamblers to be going on about a moral code. Proof of Work is doing more damage to the world every second than someone getting annoyed with a slightly inappropriate comment on the internet. Enjoy the melting ice caps lads.

Posting nastiness online that could put someone over the edge in terms of suicide is "slightly inappropriate' is it? Says a lot about you.

As regards Bitcoin and PoW, some of us feel there is enormous societal value in borderless, unconfiscatable digital money on a network that has proven to be secure over ten years.

That you don't see that - is your own problem. That you don't see the move by many in the mining sector towards renewable power is your own failure. The same with the use of stranded power and fossil fuels that are otherwise being flamed off on oil fields around the world.

When have you ever said ONE positive thing about Blockchain technology?..a tech that a list of billion dollar companies in conventional industry sectors have already heavily invested in.

You have NO credibility here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Who/what is engaged in illegal election activity? Whats going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Here it is:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110264877#post110264877

Holy crap, thats completely illegal, what a messed up attitude to the basis of democracy. Theres no way in hell the Pintman Paddy account just happened to be passing by to lend his support and just happens to be an illegal double voter aswell, absolutely no way in hell, they're obviously the same user as they've been accused of many times in the past. Paddy even gets the little boast in about his holiday homes Jonnyflash style aswell.

Ive never heard of anyone voting twice like that in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Bit rich of bitcoin gamblers to be going on about a moral code. Proof of Work is doing more damage to the world every second than someone getting annoyed with a slightly inappropriate comment on the internet. Enjoy the melting ice caps lads.

ice caps is right. You know Wicklow was under 2 km of ice 12000 years ago, I guess it's bitcoins fault that melted also. Climate change mehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Thargor wrote: »
    Here it is:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110264877#post110264877

Holy crap, thats completely illegal, what a messed up attitude to the basis of democracy. Theres no way in hell the Pintman Paddy account just happened to be passing by to lend his support and just happens to be an illegal double voter aswell, absolutely no way in hell, they're obviously the same user as they've been accused of many times in the past. Paddy even gets the little boast in about his holiday homes Jonnyflash style aswell.

Ive never heard of anyone voting twice like that in my life.

How many people do you know with two addresses? Chances are they have a second vote if they want. Provided it's in a different constituency.

Also just want to point out to the OP here that I've no problem with being "targeted" as you put it. Couldn't give a slippery sh1te. People can quote me in their sigs as well. No bothers at all lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Also just want to point out to the OP here that I've no problem with being "targeted" as you put it. Couldn't give a slippery sh1te. People can quote me in their sigs as well. No bothers at all lads.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Me neither. Couldn't give a rat's arse to be honest. Kind of a vote of confidence to be honest.

• Advertisement

Me neither. Couldn't give a rat's arse to be honest. Kind of a vote of confidence to be honest.

Water off a ducks back Johnny. Not thin skinned like a few of the folk around here.

Advertisement