Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ramillies motor company naas road

• 25-05-2019 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone familiar with this crowd?

Comments

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with this crowd, found a jeep grand cherokee with commercial tax on their site, 333 as opposed to 1200 ordinarily

No.

But here's the car for anyone who wants to look...

http://www.rmcdublin.com/viewanad.php?ad_id=2274683&r=

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

JayZeus wrote: »
    No.

But here's the car for anyone who wants to look...

http://www.rmcdublin.com/viewanad.php?ad_id=2274683&r=

That's just a link to the home page?

That's just a link to the home page?

Horse, that link is to a page with a 2015 navy blue Cherokee for €30k. Now, you didn't put any ad up yourself and I'm trying to save others from having to waste more time, but if you want to pick faults, start by putting up the damned link yourself.

And if you want to know about Ramillies, surely the bloody home page is enough.

Horse, that link is to a page with a 2015 navy blue Cherokee for €30k. Now, you didn't put any ad up yourself and I'm trying to save others from having to waste more time, but if you want to pick faults, start by putting up the damned link yourself.

I'm not asking about the particular motor for sale!

I simply want to know about the garage?

Are they legit?, naas Road outfits often don't have a great name

You've already said that you don't know , thanks for the contribution but it's limited

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would have doubts as to whether the crewcab conversion was legit. Lots of conversions going around where the SQI has lied about the loadbay dimensions. Wouldn’t think a Jeep Cherokee would have qualified.

If you bought it, you’d be the 4th owner in 4 years. (Excluding garages, actual owners)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's not a link to a blue anything. It goes to the homepage.

Horse.

lawred2 wrote: »

Horse.

Links directly to the ad for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Links directly to the ad for me.

Not for me. Maybe the deep link doesn't work on mobile site?

Presuming you're not on mobile site.

Presuming you're not on mobile site.

Christ no.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would have doubts as to whether the crewcab conversion was legit. Lots of conversions going around where the SQI has lied about the loadbay dimensions. Wouldn’t think a Jeep Cherokee would have qualified.

If you bought it, you’d be the 4th owner in 4 years. (Excluding garages, actual owners)

Good point, thanks, crew cab thing might be a marketing trick

• Advertisement

Horse.

I only go straight to the homepage, as I've said, I'm more enquiring about the business operating

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

He was asking about the business, not the vehicle and to be fair, if you want real opinions on any business, particularly a used car centre on the Naas Road, their website homepage is usually not a good, unbiased source.

Let's try and be actually helpful.

Good point, thanks, crew cab thing might be a marketing trick

It’s not so much a marketing’s trick, it’s probably taxed as a crewcab to be fair. A lot were fraudulently declared as crewcab a to avoid VRT/VAT/high annual tax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Stay well away.

Stay well away.

Sort of had a hunch they were unreliable alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Sort of had a hunch they were unreliable alright

If anyone aware of the bould Mr Healy- The car entrepreneur. He's connected to it

If anyone aware of the bould Mr Healy- The car entrepreneur. He's connected to it

I don't know who that is but cheers for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Bargepole OP..

Truckermal wrote: »
    Bargepole OP..

👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dubliner2011__

Here my very own recent experience. Make your own decision whether to deal with them..

Ramilies Motors defrauded me and stole my money. Paid them €500 deposit on the car. Told they need 4-5 days to reg the car from the UK numbers to Irish plates. They then rang me in the following week saying that they need "some more time" and after that they have been avoiding my calls, not replying to messages and the car is god knows where. I requested them to just return my money at that stage. As of now, I have no deposit and no car (around 5 - 6 weeks by now). This is a total fraud and based on the legal advise I got from our solicitor they are being reported to the Gardaí to be investigated for defrauding us. Made a mistake and did not google them first (google their sister company "Ramilies Car Sales" too to understand who you are dealing with and do not do the same mistake I did).

• Advertisement
Advertisement