Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shakedown: Hawaii

Options
  • 07-05-2019 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭

This is out today and looks like great craic. Sequel to Retro City Rampage (I think), it will be on PS4, Vita, PC and Switch. I think it will be about 20 euro, couldn't find a price as it's not on the ps store yet.

I never played Retro City Rampage so watched a video Game Informer has up and it looks like such a laugh, taking the piss out of everything including itself.

Setup businesses, illegally from what I've seen so far, and take over the island of Hawaii. Soundtrack sounds awesome and gameplay just looks fun.

Anyone picking it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I read and watched a mixture of reviews in the last few days. Ranging from positive to average. The main complaint is that it's too easy (apart from a few missions) and once you have shaken down a few businesses, money is no problem (so there is no money management issues).

I think I'll get it on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fairly far into it now. Probably 15 of 130 missions left.

Repetition is a big issue and missions are so so easy. Cops pose little to no threat and it's easy to mow down enemies at will. Some missions are what I would call micro missions and can be completed in 30 seconds so it's a weird balance.

Money is a problem for about an hour or two and then you start making millions per day and it becomes RDR2-esque in its pointlessness. Properties cost anywhere from 2k to a couple of hundred grand with an odd one or two over a million but its never a stretch to fund them.

I'm currently making about 60m a day and yet I've missions where I'm fussing over declining company revenue or smashing something up worth a couple of hundred dollars.

There's never a need to use a gun store, car spray shop, shop or anything else as its all easily available for free. Cars are also death machines as if you're in a firefight hopping in a car can easily sweep an entire area.

It's good fun and as I'm near the end it's likely not overstayed its welcome but id definitely recommend waiting for a sale :)

I will give it credit for a very good and humourous storyline, it's very well written. Some of the shakedown activities are hysterical (such as invading customers personal space long enough for them to freak out) and the pop culture references are top drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Quick update.

Game 100% finished at 8.5 hours. Story mode time was about 7 hours (it gives that stat).

Hope that helps anyone on the fence :)

Final purchase of the game to get 100% ownership of the island cost 2m. For context, I was making 80m per day by the time that came around!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks man, definitely gonna wait for a sale or ps plus:)

Advertisement