Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/mothercare-ireland-reassures-customers-to-open-bigger-galway-store-1.3849497

This may have been already posted but Mothercare opening superstore in Wellpark. Will vacate their Eyre Sq store however.

Was shocked at it's location to be honest especially if they are selling bulky items nice to have the car handy to get them into

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bazzy wrote: »
    Was shocked at it's location to be honest especially if they are selling bulky items nice to have the car handy to get them into

Well the current location is a shopping centre with an attached parking building. So us the new one. Not clear what the issue is

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

You have to pay for parking, the shop was no where near the car park not even on the same floor, it wasn't handy to have a car seat fitted (not even sure if they do fit seats), they got rid of the feeding room due to space and you certainly wouldn't be carrying a travel system to your car from it. because of its location it never even entered my head to shop there when I was pregnant. there's five issues

snoopy84 wrote: »
    You have to pay for parking, the shop was no where near the car park not even on the same floor, it wasn't handy to have a car seat fitted (not even sure if they do fit seats), they got rid of the feeding room due to space and you certainly wouldn't be carrying a travel system to your car from it. because of its location it never even entered my head to shop there when I was pregnant. there's five issues

Ya, and in Wellpark, you'll be parking right at the door. Not.

(Not sure what a "feeding room" has to do with parking - but there are a lot more cafes and thus a lot less pressure on seating in ESC than in Welpark.)

Back on topic:

The original Pie Man shop in Cross St is now White Rabbit, a small food place doing fondue and similar stuff, operated by the same people as Pie Man.

I was wrong about the fish-and-chip shop in Cross St. It hasn't become part of the pub-complex. Instead it's now open as Pizza Amore Neaopolitan pizza.

And the former Oven Door bakery in Middle St now has signwriting saying it's going to be Marmalade Bakery. The first sign in the window said open February, this was changed to March and now says "soon" - but the fitout look close to done.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

And the former Oven Door bakery in Middle St now has signwriting saying it's going to be Marmalade Bakery. The first sign in the window said open February, this was changed to March and now says "soon" - but the fitout look close to done.

Marmalade Bakery is being opened by the owner/chef of The Kitchen in the City Museum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭finlma

New paint shop "Paint More" in Oranmore. Beside Lidl.

It's a print shop called "Print More".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

finlma wrote: »
    It's a print shop called "Print More".

I hope the people erecting the signage don't mix up the letters!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Boots confirmed for Phase 2 of the Gateway retail park in Knocknacarra, just what it needs another pharmacy..https://brochures.bannon.ie/files/2018-retail-review-&-2019-retail-outlook.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Jammyd wrote: »
    Boots confirmed for Phase 2 of the Gateway retail park in Knocknacarra, just what it needs another pharmacy..https://brochures.bannon.ie/files/2018-retail-review-&-2019-retail-outlook.pdf

Sad for the independents there, but so much handier for those of us who boots on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Was there an official reason given as to why Hole In The Wall closed?

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    Was there an official reason given as to why Hole In The Wall closed?

Lots of mumbling around about it being a long story. But nobody saying much out loud. Not sure I'd believe any story I heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Saw two Gardaí ensuring it was closed on Thursday night, checking the doors, looking around, take from that what you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Samyo Asian Food restaurant opening in Upper Salthill. It's in the new unit between the AIB and Black Cat. The fit out looks good: http://picdeer.com/samyo_asian_food.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Scrumdiddlys ice cream opening in the old cupcake unit opposite Dough Bros.
    Cafe/restaurant going into the two storey ex Boi beside side entrance of ESC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Havery norman knocknacarra 20/05/19
    At7c4q4.jpg

ingalway wrote: »
    Marmalade Bakery is being opened by the owner/chef of The Kitchen in the City Museum.

Opened last week.

More cake-shop than bakery from what I saw.

Lovely foodl but prices seem on a par with what you'd pay for similar items at Kitchen in the Museum, despite this being a mostly take-away bakery. (There a few tables on one wall for eat or drink-in customers, but no chairs). Eg scones over twice what McCambridges charge for similar. Now sure how well it will last with this approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Are you sure? the sign on the premises says 'To Let' and no indication of any changes inside

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

buzz11 wrote: »

Are you sure? the sign on the premises says 'To Let' and no indication of any changes inside
    I am, unless they're mistaken on the unit they've rented for themselves (as per their FB).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I am, unless they're mistaken on the unit they've rented for themselves (as per their FB).

https://www.facebook.com/397363083658040/posts/2318432094884453/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

R.M. McCabes gastro pub has opened in the premises Salt used to occupy. Haven't been in yet, just passed it today and it looks very smart from the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

R.M. McCabes Gastro Pub now open in Upper Salthill. It's in the former Salt premises.I don't know what kind of food they are offering. Unfortunately there is no info on their FB page except their address and phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Found this review on google maps already. Had a picture of the menu, but with no prices

https://goo.gl/maps/nRz8wUzSkHkanVVx8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Found this review on google maps already. Had a picture of the menu, but with no prices

https://goo.gl/maps/nRz8wUzSkHkanVVx8
    Had a quick look while waiting for the bus, roughly between 12-16e for a main course.

Miss Selfridge will be closing according to RTE.
    The group is closing others around Ireland and the UK at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Boots are coming to knocknacarra
    gw49XIQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

m17 wrote: »
    Boots are coming to knocknacarra
    gw49XIQ.jpg

Disappointing for local pharmacies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

New place Cafe Roscoes opening in the Diamonds and Gold unit in Cross Street
    White Rabbit beside it is new ish also the old Piemaker

City of Cafes 2020 ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

youngrun wrote: »
    White Rabbit beside it is new ish also the old Piemaker

Is the Piemaker gone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Is the Piemaker gone?

Moved just down to the corner unit.

Advertisement