Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier - Miniseries - Disney + (***Spoilers***)

• 21-05-2019 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭

This is coming together now it has a director and the cast is filling out with Daniel Bruhl and Emily Van Camp joining the cast and reprising their roles as Zemo & Agent 13.

Kari Skogland To Direct 6-Part ‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Miniseries With Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Bruhl & Emily Van Camp

EXCLUSIVE: Kari Skogland has been set to direct the six-part Disney+ miniseries The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, with Avengers: Endgame‘s Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan starring. Sources said Captain America: Civil War‘s Daniel Bruhl and Emily Van Camp are also in talks to join. The miniseries will air in August 2020.

I’d heard that
    Mackie’s accepting the shield from Captain America
    at the end of Avengers: Endgame will figure into the miniseries, but the studio had no comment on where it goes.

Bruhl played Zemo in Captain America: Civil War, the mastermind who drove a wedge between Captain America and Iron Man that factored into the Avengers films, and the murderer of Black Panther’s father. Malcolm Spellman (Empire) has been writing.

Skogland is the Emmy-nominated, BAFTA-winning director, showrunner and CEO of Mad Rabbit, a Red Arrow Studios company, which launched in 2016. She has directed episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale, the pilot block of AMC’s NOS4A2 starring Zachary Quinto and the pilot block of Starz’s The Rook. She also serves as a pilot block director and executive producer of Showtime’s upcoming limited series The Loudest Voice airing in June and starring Russell Crowe as Roger Ailes and Naomi Watts as Gretchen Carlson.

Skogland also was exec producer and director of History’s Sons of Liberty, a six-part event miniseries for which she won the Directors Guild of Canada award for best director of a television miniseries. Her other credits include the premiere season of Condor (Audience), The Borgias and Penny Dreadful (Showtime), Boardwalk Empire (HBO), The Killing, The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead (AMC), Under the Dome (CBS), Vikings (History), Power (Starz), The Americans (FX), and House of Cards and The Punisher (Netflix).

Skogland also directed and produced the indie film Fifty Dead Men Walking, starring Ben Kingsley and Jim Sturgess, which premiered at a gala at Toronto Film Festival. Skogland wrote, directed and produced The Stone Angel starring Ellen Burstyn and Ellen Page.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/kari-skogland-to-direct-6-part-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-miniseries-with-anthony-mackie-sebastian-stan-daniel-bruhl-emily-van-camp-1202619197/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I added an Endgame spoiler tag for the 11 people who haven't seen it yet. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Obviously there's zero to go on just this minute, but not sure how I feel about it in principle: it's a smattering of characters about whom I've cared little to begin with, so am initially apathetic about following them into TV Town. The Winter Soldier is a pretty huge character from the comics true, but those grim, tortured soldier types don't interest me. Too much angst.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

pixelburp wrote: »
    Obviously there's zero to go on just this minute, but not sure how I feel about it in principle: it's a smattering of characters about whom I've cared little to begin with, so am initially apathetic about following them into TV Town. The Winter Soldier is a pretty huge character from the comics true, but those grim, tortured soldier types don't interest me. Too much angst.

Winter Soldier was a great film so I've some interest in that character, but Falcon has to be the most forgettable, charisma-void character in the entire MCU. Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Series will start in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Theres some huge spoilers on the IMDB page of the cast of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier....

Can´t wait to see this. the only reason I will add Disney +..

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not keen on Mackie as lead or co lead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I like him. Think he's a good actor and quite likeable. I think he'll actually do a very good job. Looking forward to this and the other shows (WandaVision and the Loki series.... eventually).

The merch is already in place

Falcon-and-the-Winter-Soldier-Captain-America-shield.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=740

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

:eek:

How big?!

but also..

How heavy!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Slydice wrote: »
    :eek:

How big?!

but also..

How heavy!?!

Apparently it is a 1:1 replica..... and it s says 9.5 for the weight. Everything is in imperial units (e.g. diameter 24inches) so I presume it will be 9.5 pounds or 4.3Kgs

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-avengers-falcon-and-winter-soldier-captain-america-shield-prop-replica/hsf0764

Starts March 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Fairly generic looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not sure I have much faith in Mackie as a lead actor in a series after watching the dross second season of Altered Carbon.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The banter between the characters was fun, but otherwise pretty generic, as fluke said above. Very much looks to be trading on MCU fans following these characters 'cos devoid of that linkage I don't see the appeal; was hoping the trailer gave some sense of energy. This show is my pick for the first flop of the MCU TV batch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't remember if The Hand were shown in the previous trailer, but hopefully they bring back Netflix Daredevil if they are using them.

Can't remember if The Hand were shown in the previous trailer, but hopefully they bring back Netflix Daredevil if they are using them.

The Hand are not in the show. The group of people in masks are called The Flag Smashers

Lordy, still not buying into this at all; same comments as those above. Just so generic, with a MCU coat of paint. And as fun as a duo of bickering leads can be, it doesn't work if they both look just as dead-eyed as the other.

The Super bowl ad smashed all records it was viewed a 125m times in the first 24 hours across social media platforms.

Black Widow had the record at 119m in 2020

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 1n 2019 was 111m views

• Advertisement

Kevin Feige confirms today it will only be 6 episodes long.

Huh. That has actually swung my interest back around. I just couldn't summon the energy for this show, looking so cookie cutter, but yeah. 6 episodes I could manage; that speaks to a lean, fat-free adventure.

I get the feeling when the action starts it's not going to stop the the season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brandon Davis of Comicbook.com has seen the first episode of the show. I'll just spoiler his 2 cents worth.
    It has some dope action sequences with CA: TWS vibes! Not the pace I expected but spending time with Sam's family and Bucky's mental state is great development. Mackie & Stan are really good in very different ways.

Has some really touching ties to the MCU and those are some of my favorite parts of Episode 1.

References to other characters, questions about the Avengers, the world's view of Endgame storylines... some small-scale, fun MCU world building.

But just from reading them, it feels like it'll be the straight up MCU action we've come to expect, with further character development/fleshing out of the title characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

woah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

A lot better than those Fast And Furious style tv spots that have bee on recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Excited for this, should be a lot more action and a lot less mystery compared to WandaVision

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Acosta wrote: »
    A lot better than those Fast And Furious style tv spots that have bee on recently.

Agreed. Wasn’t fully interested until I saw this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

What time will it be available from?

Advertisement