Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - #7 Chuckles30

• 13-05-2019 7:52pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The 7th thread already! :)
    The May Bank Holiday is almost a distant memory as the year races along! :eek:

It's time for chuckles30 to answer your questions.

I'll start with:

-Who is your favourite author?

-What is your favourite book?

-Favourite chocolate bar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hurray!

5 Desert Island disks?

Morning person or night owl?

Favourite place?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Howdy Chuckles30,

Do you enjoy cooking?

What was the last song you sung along to?

What brought you to Boards?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi Chuckles30 !
    Here my questions:

-Which living person do you most admire?

-What is your greatest extravagance?

-Who is your hero of fiction?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Two week holiday, 10k euro budget, where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Hey Chuckles

Will throw out my usual ones (have to come up with some new questions!)

What 4 people (dead or alive) would you invite to dinner and why?

Favourite place you've been on holiday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What did you want to be as a kid when you grew up? & how close to achieving that did you get?

Favourite cake?

Favourite alcoholic beverage?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,175 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What is your favorite shop, car and coulour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

First off - sorry for being late to reply - another crazy week at work, so just popped on now to cheer myself up - so I'll work through a few now :)

-Who is your favourite author? I'd find it hard to choose just one so I'll go with my top 3 (and as they say on the reality tv shows) - in no particular order - Sheila O'Flanagan, Patricia Scanlan & Cathy Kelly

-What is your favourite book? As you can probably tell from my favourite authors list above, I'm an easy reading kinda lady. One that springs to mind is Christmas with You by Sheila O'Flanagan - transports me right to my favourite time of year.

-Favourite chocolate bar? - Don't really eat bars of chocolate - mainly because I will eat the whole bar in one go - so normally just have one or two chocolates to satisfy my craving and move on. Favourite bar would be a Frys Cream Chocolate though.

5 Desert Island disks? with my taste in music :D:D
      Mamma Mia - the musical version The best of Smokie Christy Moore - Live at the point The High Kings - Memory Lane The very best of Andrew Lloyd Webber

Morning person or night owl? - Definitely night owl

Favourite place? At home - in my sitting room with the curtains closed, fire lighting, candles lighting and glass of wine in my hand

or
    sitting on a beach reading my book somewhere warm (but not too hot!!)

Do you enjoy cooking? - Yes

What was the last song you sung along to? - Hey there Delilah by the plain white t's on the car radio yesterday morning

What brought you to Boards? - Initially I think it was the DIY forum when I first bought my house and knew diddly squat about DIY

• Advertisement

I have to get back to work now - be back soon with more answers - keep the questions coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Do you enjoy Christmas Eve or is it a hectic day ?

Favorite treat / time out for yourself ? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have you/would you ever spend Christmas abroad?

I'm back - been an absolutely crazy week - so I'm here for 15 mins of sanity/Christmas Cheer.

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi Chuckles30 !
    Here my questions:

-Which living person do you most admire?

-What is your greatest extravagance?

-Who is your hero of fiction?

1 - Vicky Phelan - her courage in taking on the govt and going public while fighting her own illness

2 - I don't really do extravagance - but probably my sliderobes

3 - It's mostly rom coms and chick lit with me - so not much into hero type stuff

Jude13 wrote: »
    Two week holiday, 10k euro budget, where is it?

That'll be all the places that I normally disregard :D

I think some kind of cruise around the Nordics that would also take in the Northern Lights - obviously I'm upgrading to the sea view balcony etc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Hey Chuckles

Will throw out my usual ones (have to come up with some new questions!)

What 4 people (dead or alive) would you invite to dinner and why?

Favourite place you've been on holiday?

1 - My dad (R.I.P.), My mam, my brother and sister in law - family is far more important than fame

2 - Montenegro - went with a friend the weekend after 9/11. We were both young, free and single - I was on two weeks hols from work with no plans. Becuase of 9/11 and the associated day of mourning etc and no one wanting to travel, we booked it on the Thursday and flew out Sat morning. We didn't really know where we were going or anything - my friend was working in a travel agency and she spotted a bargain basement deal coming in and we jumped on in. Would love to go back actually.

DvB wrote: »
    What did you want to be as a kid when you grew up? & how close to achieving that did you get?

Favourite cake?

Favourite alcoholic beverage?

1 - I wanted to be a secretary - like in Dallas - wearing the fancy clothes with the shoulder pads (child of the 80's) and answering the phone etc. My career guidance teacher decided I wanted to be an accountant - I did a business degree and I'm currently an application support analyst. I never did pursue accountancy, although I know all the basics. I still love admin and I'm secretary and treasurer for a local community organisation, so I'm close to doing the job I really want - it's just in a voluntary capacity.

2 - Anything chocolate - but then I have never turned down cake in my life!!

3 - At the moment, Bushmills Red Bush whiskey.

What is your favorite shop, car and coulour?

Shop - Asda - wish we had them here :rolleyes:

Car - I'm loving my current one - a skoda fabia

Colour - yellow

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Do you enjoy Christmas Eve or is it a hectic day ?

Favorite treat / time out for yourself ? :)

I do love Christmas Eve - even though it is also a bit hectic - the hecticness is part of the tradition. I love the bit when I get home from Mass and can actually sit down and relax.

Favourite treat - I love when I get a night where I can sit down in my pjs, light the fire and candles and relax with a glass (or 2) of wine and a movie. Doesn't happen very often.

Posy wrote: »
    Have you/would you ever spend Christmas abroad?

I haven't ever spent it abroad. I don't think I would have any interest in going somewhere sunny for it - I think it wouldn't feel right. Maybe if I could find somewhere like they have in the Christmas Movies where I could go to a cosy log cabin all decorated for Christmas, then that might be it for me.

• Advertisement

I think I've answer all of them now - so nearly an hour later, lets get back to work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Who would you get to play your part in a film of your life?

Favourite time of year, other than Christmas?

Last concert you went to?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

If you could be invisible for an hour what would you do??

Do you have a bucket list?

If you didn't live in Ireland (assume you do) what country would you like to live in and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Favourite Christmas tradition?

Favourite memory?

Tea or Coffee person?

And going with that, are you a rich tea or digestive sort of gal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

chuckles30 wrote: »
    The very best of Andrew Lloyd Webber

What's your favourite ALW musical? And which is your favourite song?

Advertisement